My second live game

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's up my fellow Cards'chatting post-a-hollics?

Been away this weekend in Belfast, drinking loads and eating loads of rubbish - as you do

Anyway, the main reason for my post to is to report back on my live game the weekend and how I think even trying to put some time into a live game will dramatically improve your game.

The game was a £20 ($37) rebuy with an optional 1 x add-on or 2 x add-on.

There was about 50 entrants, and the prize pool was GTD at £3,000 ($5,500).

I sat at a 10 seat table with 2 sit out's, obviously making it 8 handed. I decided to play it pretty tight early on and wait for a hand before making my moves. I wasnt nervous at all, and didnt feel I gave many tells away. I picked up JJ early on and took this down on the flop.

With the blind levels going up every 10 mins and a 1,500 starting stack, you couldnt sit and wait for A's and K's

The 1st big confrontation I had was with Q9. The blinds were 100/200. It was folded round to me 1 place from the button. I raised it to 600 and the big blind called. A QQ7 flop nearly pushes my heart through my chest but I sit quietly, and checked in behind him. An 8 hits the turn and he moves all in for his 600 chips. I quickly called and he flipped KQ. As I slumped in my chair, dipping into my pocket for another £20 a 9 hits the river giving me a full house. Yes, bad beats do happen offline

With a few more chips, I was able to make a few moves. I layed down AJ a few times to re-raises, got lucky when my AJ all-in move was called by AQ - we both hit a straight to take a split

My big mistake came when down to the last 14 players or so. Top 10 make the money

The blinds were 1.5k/3k, and I am the small blind with an 18k stack. Its folded round to me and I look down at K8s. A pretty nice hand HU, I confidently announce all in. My opponent is playing pretty tight and has 18k also. He looks down, looks at me and announces "call". I felt like being sick. I was praying my cards were live, hopefully to a small pair or something. I am not shocked when he flips over AKos. An 8 on the flop is followed by an Ace.

I limp out in 11th when my final few chips get swallowed up by the blinds. Though dissapointed that I bubbled, I walk away knowing I played with a room full of guys that are there every week and it cost me £60 ($110) for a great experience. I felt I held my own with some talented offline poker players, some who play online at the highest limits

Live poker imo is 10 times better than online. You get to talk to the guys, have a chat to your opponents and, most importantly, have a laugh.

If you guys can get out there and play live, my suggestion is do it! :hello:

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Colin.

Does this happen every weekend in Belfast.

Do you need an invite or can anyone go to these live games

Cheers

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad you had a good time Colin,,, keep up the good work> buck:hello:

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
withawedge said:
Colin.

Does this happen every weekend in Belfast.

Do you need an invite or can anyone go to these live games

Cheers

Yes it happens every Sunday at Yorkgate. Kicks off at 8.30 and you can register up to the start time

Good luck

bolcs5

bolcs5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Colin!

I think you're right, live game is much more better, and more entertaining.
I hope you go more on these, and have a biiig win sometime :) .
But I think K8s is not that good that you should go all-in. Trust me, I've made this mistake several times. If you know that your opponent is a tight player, you can be sure he will fold if you raise 2,5 BB
(beacuse BB is a lot), UNLESS he has a premium hand. And if he does, he will call (you can then act knowing the flop), or re-raise, when you should fold this 'nice' hand.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With an M of 4, anything other than pushing or folding is awful.

For what it's worth, I've pushed in that spot with hands a lot worse than K8s before.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games