Razz insanity

T

thehef10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen so many people on fulltilt go absolutely crazy in razz raising and re-raising with like 8 9 j a k showing vs like a 2 4 6 2 showing. It is clear these people are mentally challenged or something because anyone can see they are beat...yet they keep raising with their crap cards for all to see. It really blows my mind. Any thoughts on why people do this except that they are clueless?

L

LynchCats

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had a "reasonable" answer for ya, it's this. Most players who play razz don't actually understand the game of razz. To be honest, I haven't met too many players who play razz that really understand the game. It's my favorite game (and probably a very underrated game for skill because most people don't understand it), so that's what I think.

T

theDONKSLAYER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FULLTILT is full of people that don't know how to play..

You don't have to be on the RAZZ table to find people that don't know what they're doing on FULLTILT. If you don't believe me, just play in the 10 cent tournament with 50 cent rebuys. Just make sure you bring a bottle of advil. LOL :D :D :D :D

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to be on the RAZZ table to find people that don't know what they're doing on FULLTILT. If you don't believe me, just play in the 10 cent tournament with 50 cent rebuys. Just make sure you bring a bottle of advil. LOL :D :D :D :D

I'm gonna try that one today and see how it goes. My goal is no rebuys (yeah right)

As far as RAZZ goes, most of the folks who play it really don't understand any of the strat behind the game. I've been called all the way down when I was showing something like 2-4-5-6 by someone showing 4-8-T-K

T

thehef10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive seen way worse

Ive had 2 3 4 6 showing and someone showing k k j 4 kept raising me on every card. It is like they think I can't see there cards and they can bluff me off the hand. Its like "HELLO, YOUR CARDS ARE SHOWING!!!" And this isnt just someone who thinks its stud....it is all the time!

As far as razz and skill, I agree you can beat people long term. But no game is as frustrating. We have a love/hate relationship.

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive had 2 3 4 6 showing and someone showing k k j 4 kept raising me on every card. It is like they think I can't see there cards and they can bluff me off the hand. Its like "HELLO, YOUR CARDS ARE SHOWING!!!" And this isnt just someone who thinks its stud....it is all the time!

As far as razz and skill, I agree you can beat people long term. But no game is as frustrating. We have a love/hate relationship.

Agree with the love hate relationship. Just have to roll with the punches (or brick-brick-brick) some times.

T

thehef10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usf???..you buy chance go to The University of South Florida??

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Razz and I are on a temporary hiatus - when it agrees to be just a little more civilised to me we'll probably be back on again :p

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usf???..you buy chance go to The University of South Florida??

Nah, but I get that all the time. USF is the name of a competitive gaming clan that I am a member of.

IamBP

IamBP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of the prior posts. Most people you find in say a Razz freeroll have no clue what they are doing. They just see freeroll and register for it. The just think they are playing stud or something.

On a side note, I have been in love with Razz since I saw ESPN show the final table for the Razz tourny a few years back. I do not think it has been on since.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like RAZZ, but I swear it sure can be frustrating. The last freeroll I played in I started with A234 against a guy who had at best a made 8, and I think almost all my outs had not been shown. Brick, brick, brick and I was finished.

The RAZZ freerolls on Full Tilt are just plain terrible for the play, but thats true for all the freerolls on there.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play HORSE so RAZZ is just the game I want to get through. I'm getting better tho.:)

A couple of posts say most don't understand. What are we missing?

Any pointers from the RAZZ pros would help.

goldog

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the HORSE $1.00 tourneys and freerolls on Tilt. When it gets to Razz, you can really make some moves. Had th opportunity to play one of the $1.00 ones with Perry Friedman and ended up heads up. Was a load of fun, and I won to boot.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of posts say most don't understand. What are we missing?

I think it's more directed at the people who don't even know the basic rules - they're rolling over full houses and wondering how they lost to all those crappy random low cards :p

H

HungryBear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Could anyone tell me a good site which teaches you how to play Razz. I regulary play in HORSE tournaments but i have to sit out in the Razz stage of the tournament and this is a huge disadvantage and i generally end up being short stacked at the end og the Razz stage.

W

Wlokos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Riding the F Train: Love That Razz! -- Starting Hands and Dead Cards

Good intro to razz there.

I enjoy razz a lot, but it can be very frustrating. Everybody's had those A234KKQ sort of hands, were you get called throughout by mr. K2TQ367 to lose. At the same time, though, it can be a very profitable game because so many people just don't know how to play it. If you get to the point were you understand enough to be aware of how many outs you actually have and what everybody else is likely drawing to and all of that jazz, you can be pretty successful on the online tables.

Then again, as I say, all poker games can be fun in moderation. Too much razz tends to put me in need for a major break after getting bricked out once too much, for sure. :p

H

HungryBear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Wlokos ill have a read of it and see how much it helps

T

twisted18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think alot of peeps dont know how to play had 1 guy say to me how did u beat my full house i said to him ur fh aint going to do shit in this game. and i see that often

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think alot of peeps dont know how to play had 1 guy say to me how did u beat my full house i said to him ur fh aint going to do shit in this game. and i see that often

I love seeing that happen... :)

K

kesc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I always find funny is watching people in the beginning fold to those showing two kings.

And thanks for the link Wlokos, can't hurt to learn a little more about this game.