Rant: Damn those chasers!

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
March was bad to me. I certainly hope that April will show me a little love. I'm trying hard not to make this sound like a bad beat rant. If it sounds like it, I apologise before continuing.

4 months of playing poker, there's been numerous ups and downs. 1 of the weeks was so bad, that I wanted to quit poker for the rest of my life. Still, when I calm down enough, I realised that I'm just being stupid. The bad beats? It's just reversed implied odds... Sure, them chasers love their gutshot, OESD, flush draws. I didn't have to pay them off every single time! I analysed and blame myself for my own stupidity.

Yet, I still can't help making that crying, all-in river call some times.:joyman:

A few classic lines I heard on the tables:

After sucking out with trips on the river, with 52o. Another player questioned his play. He replied:

"Watch and learn! You're a sucker for playing only the nutz! I play only low cards."

Another player, with J9s hearts, Flop ten, 9, 8. No hearts, I had QQ. One player bets the pot, J9 hearts, raises all in, I folded. River puts a jack giving J9s two pairs and sucked out on the king ten offsuit(Yeah, I know I would have won with a straight, had I gone in. bad read). When questioned:

"I had tons of outs! Runner runner hearts for flush!(??!!) any 6(??!) or queens."

I know I should be glad, but I get pissed by them trashtalking, after sucking out on the river with 75 suited. It's hard not to go on tilt sometimes.

I really question the wisdom of playing AK, AA, KK, QQ.... etc sometimes. Maybe low cards and going all-in with 75s hoping for a flush works as a strategy. Maybe the poker gods rewards the dumb and fearless...

Maybe I should quit ranting before I lose any respect on this forum.

Fin.

Last edited:
alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always chasers in the game of poker.

ztw30

ztw30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya i hate it to but that is the time to just put the note on them and leave the game so you know...unless you think you can take them!

sparky NV

sparky NV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice.

Ya i hate it to but that is the time to just put the note on them and leave the game so you know...unless you think you can take them!
Good advice.Notes are you best friend.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
did someone call

Please leave a message at the tone, I am in Egypt or Vegas spending the winnings I have chased down. ;) :p :D

Gus Keano Negranu= List.

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to poker my friend! Sounds like me youre having a bad run, happens to everyone, you have to keep your emotions under check, dont go on tilt and throw your good money after bad, try to keep your losses minimal and in the long run you'll be fine.

F

Figment6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry gang, but here's a different opinion. I do play the low cards sometimes all the way through. It's a feeling, an intuition... and over 1/2 the time it works for me when I trust the instincts. All I have to say is... yes, I get comments. Sometimes they are nice, sometimes not...

Instincts are part of the game, but then again what do you expect from a blonde female?!! ;-)

S

stat032

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate chasers too but...

Im sure were all guilty for doing what they do at least once in our life.

A

actionjmac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the shit talking after the suck out like they made the right play usually will be enough to put me over the edge so I try and play tournaments with the chat box off and have it on one of the other boxes. Thats hard for me because Im a social guy and like to banter back-n-forth with people, but I've found though it may be boring, it also doesn't allow me to to get upset about what people may say

F

Figment6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh no! Never, ever get upset... just laugh your way forward.

I too will turn off the chat box when it gets really bad & vulgar. I'm no prude, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it.

If someone lost a hand and they whine, & in a freeroll to boot, I'd love to say "Get a life" but that's rude.

You can tell, it's usually the children that whine. I am sorry to admit, I find it fun when I know the odds say no way in you-know-where I'd win the hand. Sometimes, I just can't resist the temptation. :evil:

The_Flash

The_Flash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like chasers....

Wait, we weren't talking about alcohol, were we ;)