PS or FTP

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Traffic wise no one beats pokerstars but I can never get anything going for me over there, personally I would start with Full Tilt I built a bankroll over there when I was just starting out as well

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, I prefer PS because they weren't the ones that stole my money, then promised to pay it back, and they still haven't, more than 2 years later.

FTP is now owned by Stars...

Also, OP, why would you feel the need to choose?

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Traffic wise no one beats pokerstars but I can never get anything going for me over there, personally I would start with Full Tilt I built a bankroll over there when I was just starting out as well

traffic yes Stars wins, but the biggest cash games are on FTP and the biggest tourneys are on Stars so that's something to think about

B

baranka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play FTP for cash games at the beggining, later you can try both and decide...

F

FLOnaldoRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a very good question . I play very much on PS but i still thinking where it's better to play . If i say my opinion .. FTP it's much better , little more bad beats , there are not so much players like PS and the level of skills it's lower that PS . So if you want a opinion : FTP IT'S BETTER , MUCH BETTER ! And belive me , i play very much on this rooms , just on this rooms actually :)

F

FLOnaldoRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect true !

traffic yes Stars wins, but the biggest cash games are on FTP and the biggest tourneys are on Stars so that's something to think about

If you are a MTT player, on FTP are not very much tournaments and the prize pool are very small , on PS it's more diversificated , very much tournaments , the prize pool it's very big > FTP . So , depends what kind of player u are . If u want to play cash , on FTP it's much better . If u want to play tournaments and u are haunting for big prizes , you place it's on PS .

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a very good question . I play very much on PS but i still thinking where it's better to play . If i say my opinion .. FTP it's much better , little more bad beats , there are not so much players like PS and the level of skills it's lower that PS . So if you want a opinion : FTP IT'S BETTER , MUCH BETTER ! And belive me , i play very much on this rooms , just on this rooms actually :)

I actually am probably gonna go play on FTP more now, the cards shuffle rng is different and the bad beats are not as bad and obvious like the runner, runner, runner beats, just seems to be more fair site in a way, good action there too, on Stars the withdrawal is bad too because you have to wait 2 days if you deposit to withdrawal and can only withdraw with neteller for me atleast, on FTP you get your money to your bank in literally less than 24 hours, I made withdrawal late last night and i get my money in the morning on FTP, I trust FTP a lot actually the RNG is very fair, tourneys overall are not as good as Stars so if you are tourney player you should play on Stars, other than that FTP is king to me, FTP has good tourneys though as well so nothing to worry about, That's my opinion there

F

FLOnaldoRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the difference .

I actually am probably gonna go play on FTP more now, the cards shuffle rng is different and the bad beats are not as bad and obvious like the runner, runner, runner beats, just seems to be more fair site in a way, good action there too, on Stars the withdrawal is bad too because you have to wait 2 days if you deposit to withdrawal and can only withdraw with neteller for me atleast, on FTP you get your money to your bank in literally less than 24 hours, I made withdrawal late last night and i get my money in the morning on FTP, I trust FTP a lot actually the RNG is very fair, tourneys overall are not as good as Stars so if you are tourney player you should play on Stars, other than that FTP is king to me, FTP has good tourneys though as well so nothing to worry about, That's my opinion there

There are some + things on FTP . One of them it's the cashout '' speed '' how did u say , and that's very important for a player . One by one , if we think it's much better on FTP . It's a little harder to win if u play MTT like me but you have descriebed perfectly well the situation . The bad beats it's a very important killer on PS , so .. Good luck players if u are in this problem to chose one of them , make the right choise for your happiness .

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some + things on FTP . One of them it's the cashout '' speed '' how did u say , and that's very important for a player . One by one , if we think it's much better on FTP . It's a little harder to win if u play MTT like me but you have descriebed perfectly well the situation . The bad beats it's a very important killer on PS , so .. Good luck players if u are in this problem to chose one of them , make the right choise for your happiness .

well actually the tourneys on FTP are ok its just that there are not as much of them, so you have to be selective which is good :) i have run deep in FTP tourneys before and its cool cause the fields are not as big as Stars and prizes are really same when you find the good tourney

F

FLOnaldoRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm ... Not really . The difference on MTT and sit & go it's huge ! PS > FTP in this case , from player skills , prize pool , freqvency ... I play just on PS and FTP . And belive me , the drive it;s like ... win on FTP , transfer to PS and lost them there . In my opinion , PS it's not just very played by the best poker players but it's very well rated by the range of players , skills and their bankrolls . Whatever ... I am decided to move my self on FTP , i don't want to invest much more on PS . On FTP i've never DEPOSIT ! But there i have the highest win with 0 $ from freerolls or the daily Romania special Freeroll . I wish u the best , make the best choise and improve yourself .

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So jealous you have a choice of either!

Prior to Black Friday, I played on both, but more of my action was on PS and I had played there longer. Also, for whatever reason, I could not win on FTP and to this day am not sure why. Lifetime on PS I was up around 100K and on FTP (after a few years) still had a slightly negative ROI.

Both are good sites with good software. PS has larger MTT events, though, and this is what was a draw for me.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm ... Not really . The difference on MTT and sit & go it's huge ! PS > FTP in this case , from player skills , prize pool , freqvency ... I play just on PS and FTP . And belive me , the drive it;s like ... win on FTP , transfer to PS and lost them there . In my opinion , PS it's not just very played by the best poker players but it's very well rated by the range of players , skills and their bankrolls . Whatever ... I am decided to move my self on FTP , i don't want to invest much more on PS . On FTP i've never DEPOSIT ! But there i have the highest win with 0 $ from freerolls or the daily Romania special Freeroll . I wish u the best , make the best choise and improve yourself .

Good luck to you too, I have the exact same idea as you! I agree with all you say, it is just a better poker game experience on FTP, glad to know someone agrees with me :) And I feel the reason that Pokerstars has more players is because FTP had scandal and also it offers more tourneys for the dreamer poker players who want to make money fast, but this is not the best for true poker players, poker is a long term game and don't expect to get lucky and win some tourney with low buy in easy! FTP all the way for me

F

FLOnaldoRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PS vs FTP

Good luck to you too, I have the exact same idea as you! I agree with all you say, it is just a better poker game experience on FTP, glad to know someone agrees with me :) And I feel the reason that Pokerstars has more players is because FTP had scandal and also it offers more tourneys for the dreamer poker players who want to make money fast, but this is not the best for true poker players, poker is a long term game and don't expect to get lucky and win some tourney with low buy in easy! FTP all the way for me

Hell yeah ! I agree too , your opinion it's like mine because you play to on the same rooms and you know what and how works there . You are thinking just like me and u see the positive / negative where it's the case . I player specially MTT and sit & go's . 0,10-5 $ . And play very rare cash tables because it's not that ambition,fun,adrenaline.. I need my first deposit on FTP now and move myself. Let's make that change , and we will see where we go . Have a good night .

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it doesnt matter. You have enough players on pokerstars and also on fulltilt, but yea ofcourse more of them are on PS. But in my opinion fulltilt has better promotions.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well you are wrong about why there's more players on Stars vs. FTP (but what real knowledge are you actually even basing it upon?)

Pretty sure two weeks ago you said you were never going to play on FTP again (because you lost your chat or something like that... for sayin' something about 14yr. old girls)... but now it's your fav???

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

So the RNG on Stars is not fair? (or.. not 'as fair'). Makes no sense to me.

OP it depends on what games you're looking for... simple as that.
And as was already mentioned.... why feel the need to 'choose'? Why not play on both?

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the RNG on Stars is not fair? (or.. not 'as fair'). Makes no sense to me.

OP it depends on what games you're looking for... simple as that.
And as was already mentioned.... why feel the need to 'choose'? Why not play on both?

I don't care about chat I focus on the game, the rng is different actually on FTP if you did not know, it has a continuous shuffle and the Pokerstars rng is essentially pre selected every hand, I am more comfortable with the continuous shuffle, I do still play on both, but i now am going to be mainly on FTP, it is just better overall, that does not mean I won't play a tourney or something on Pokerstars or see if i can run up a bankroll, but overall my main roll should be on FTP because it is the easiest site for me to move money out of if needed to my bank or any other withdrawal option, and those are reasons i mentioned are just a couple why Pokerstars is up there, and yes they are important, it is a fact FTP got shut down making its player pool smaller than Stars when it returned and the scandal did not help, also Pokerstars offers more micro stake tourneys with large prizepools which will drive more players because every new player wants to turn that dollar into a huge amount of money on a tourney score, I never really hated FTP it was just me growing as a player and realizing that it is a good place to play and I should put on my big boy pants and not worry about stupid things like chat and other distractions