PitBull Poker: SCAM

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you everyone for the infor I am learning a lot about the do's and don'ts with the free rolls and real money plays. Has any one had any problems with credit card fraud on any of the sites? That has been my only hold back about depositing real money.

Thanks
Alilacmom

Honestly, depositing is not a huge deal. Just use a mastercard debit card or something to put whatever amount you want on Stars and play some poker.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The problem is, people always want something for nothing, and never bother to read the fine print. I mean, people don't read the terms and conditions of their own bank accounts, and are shocked when the bank starts charging them fees and such for overdrafts, etc., etc. Why would we think/expect that they would do it on a poker site? :p

I don't excuse the guy's lack of good service, but I'm guessing that he deals with angry freerollers expecting something for nothing all day long. Probably a little jaded by now. :p

A

aarogorn_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Customer service at most sites are just people sitting ther relaying the companies policies, some are better trained than others. That is why we read the posts here to find and play only the better sites.

T

tcooper711

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I still have a little money in the pitbull account (they actually give you 5 to play there) and I know I read in the rules you must make a deposit first. I know most people don't want to read through all that chit but its pretty standard for most sites.
I'm wondering why only $5? Me and two of my friends joined a few weeks ago, we each received $10... although one other friend signed and didn't receive anything. Either way I keep it there just to play when I'm bored and can't find anything else I want to get into on other sites!

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 99% sure that Pit Bull poker is going to mentioned on Rounder's Radio tonight, September 26, 2007. I think the truth may just hurt Pit Bull.

BigStackJack

BigStackJack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gona say I agree with jace on this one. Send me the info Ill put in a minimum deposite and take out the rest =). I mean If you say you have made that much money through them without depositing it is worth 25$ to deposite when you can withdrawl more than 6x that amount. Just saying I'd go for it

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah it sounds like its not a scam i would just deposit then pull out or clear the bonus real quick lol easy decision here...

madcham

madcham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok..I certainly think you have a legitamate complaint about the fact that the haven't posted the requirements for cashing out properly. That being said though... (with all due respect) you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Just deposit the minimum - take some more money from a few more fish for a week, then cash out and take your money and business elsewhere.

Cheers,

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is, people always want something for nothing, and never bother to read the fine print. I mean, people don't read the terms and conditions of their own bank accounts, and are shocked when the bank starts charging them fees and such for overdrafts, etc., etc. Why would we think/expect that they would do it on a poker site? :p

I don't excuse the guy's lack of good service, but I'm guessing that he deals with angry freerollers expecting something for nothing all day long. Probably a little jaded by now. :p

Kinda like having to respond to "wurs da passwurd?" on freeroll days.:D

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you say youve made $300. the logical thing to do would be deposit $25 and withdraw $300, right. im not saying that the customer service is the greatest, just stating what to me makes good sense of the situation. either lose $300, or deposit $25 and receive 300 free. maybe its just me, but sounds like a good deal.

sweetz

sweetz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow me and my boyfriend just discovered pitbull last night!! he played in 25 dollar freeroll and even made it to the final table. he loves it now! guess i'd better warn him : ) theres always other sites : ) thanks for the news! hope you get your money though !

sweetz

sweetz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at partypoker you have to deposit be4 you can even play the freerolls i dont think its a scam with pitbull just how the sites works as for support on site what he do so wrong he give u replies to your questions guess was not happy with them..

same as all the offers on sites have to do so many ranked hands be4 u get next lot of cash is that so bad. yes on some sites it is others no

well it makes sense for small sites i would think. they need to make a profit somewhere so they can keep going and even get the chance to grow a little bit. larger sites i believe shouldn't have this because they don't need it. they get enough people and cash from advertising and word of mouth. unless you want to be a sole real money site, than i dont agree with it (for the already grown sites at least)

F

FlashyGustaf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Then don't deposit there, and being unwilling to deposit, don't play in their freerolls.

C'mon people, this really isn't rocket science. If poker sites were in the habit of giving away free money to non paying FRWs, they wouldn't be around for long.

Just having to make a deposit to withdraw doesn't make the money any less free for the winner. They can just withdraw everything after the deposit, the deposit seems to generally be to just establish things such as that you are an adult and to verify your address. Large poker sites make MORE than enough profit to fund some freerolls, those freerolls are nothing to them. Just do some rough math on how much a site like poker stars is making on it's rakes for ring games alone every hour and you'll realize they can easily afford all of those freerolls and cheap XX dollars added tournaments.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just having to make a deposit to withdraw doesn't make the money any less free for the winner. They can just withdraw everything after the deposit, the deposit seems to generally be to just establish things such as that you are an adult and to verify your address. Large poker sites make MORE than enough profit to fund some freerolls, those freerolls are nothing to them. Just do some rough math on how much a site like Poker Stars is making on it's rakes for ring games alone every hour and you'll realize they can easily afford all of those freerolls and cheap XX dollars added tournaments.

Of course the money from the freeroll is free, but do you honestly think that Horatio Alger is CEO of all the major poker sites? The reason large pokere sites offer free tournaments is to advertise the site, so more people will join up, contributimg more $ in rakes, tourney fees and the like. The fact that sites like pokerstars are profitable doesn't mean they are the Communy Chest. Freeroll prize pools are the same to them as paying Daniel to swing a golf club on their TV commercials, and are there for the same reasonL to bring in more PAYING customers.

Wrap some rough math around this: If there were no Pokerstars. com, only the "free" .net site, how long and how often do you think they would continue to host freerolls?

On almost all sites, you can continue to play poker with your freeroll winnings....what you can't do is withdraw money without a deposit of some sort. It's no different from companies that send you a free sampe of their soap, mouthwash, or "male enhancement" miracle drug. The bottom line: they're trying to get your $. It's capitalism and free enterprise.

F

FlashyGustaf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

If I've already deposited..it's still free money. On PS if I haven't deposited, win a freeroll then make a deposit, I can turn around and withdraw..still free money. Your point of -if- there was only the free .net site is moot, because that's not all there is and they are making a small fortune every single month on rakes and entry fees. Saying -if- it was just the free .net site is like me saying "well we wouldn't be having this discussion if the earth didn't exist". Your point of them trying to get new real money players to deposit, while possibly true, is also moot because you aren't forced to stake any of the winnings/deposits. If you make a deposit on PS you can turn around and withdraw it all at any time, at the expensive of losing any uncleared bonuses. So it's STILL free money either way on that particular site at least. The point here is that at least in the case of PS you don't have to put money you deposit into play to withdraw. It's not like a deposit bonus where you are forced to accumulate a certain number of "comp" points to get the bonus.

R

rodpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard numerous people have bad things to say about pitbull. I've even experienced the rudness of their support staff. They are just not very customer friendly and they don't seem to care that they are getting a bad reputation as a result. I just avoid their site and urge others I know to do the same. Play where the host site welcomes your business. There are plenty of customer friendly sites to choose from, just check the CC forum for advice on the good ones.

J

Jared

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the free $10, they called me to certify, customer service was ok. i think they are a shell of another site and need you to deposit first to prove to the site funding them that they are not creating players and scamming their bosses :)

1FreeLesson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used pitbull, won a couple dollars in free rolls, and then gave up on the whole flash thing... sorry PITBULL

R

richd36

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't like Pitbull... And the Customer service is by far the worst...

runninscared43

runninscared43

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks

well I wasnt aware of how they operated on that site. I will save my money and use it on another site. Thanks for the info

coyboy33

coyboy33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know Im ashamed to say that I once was a freeroll player,because this is their basic mentality.They want somthing 4 nothing and the second a site asks 4 a deposit or proof of age ect. its trash the site time.#1 if you dont know that ALL sites work this way then this is your 1st time ever building a roll from scratch.I withdrawl from PitBull every month, I've played there 2 years.Deposit $25 and withdrawl your money...Then if you had $25 to deposit you'd not be freerolling huh......the catch 22 of freerollers like you......borrow it,save your allowence.

F

Fermion5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not sure why you decided to bump a 6+ month old topic, but i play at pitbull and have had no problems. the only problems come from idiots who don't understand the basic rules of the site.

Robziolito

Robziolito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing i dont understand is that a site like Pitbullpoker have hang on for soo long i can remember that PBP have giving out 10$ no deposit since i started to play poker some years ago.

I think i even talked with them in telephone..

When will a site like that get down if they isnt serious?..
I mean more people than u cant withdraw their money..

PEOPLE - DONT PLAY THIER!

SAME WITH T6Poker!

P

pachvd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As far I know non pokersite lets you to cash out money won at freerols, it´s up to you to decide if you are going to make the deposit and then risk your money (because you have to play with it) to finally cash it out.