Paid to play

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. IMO it’s not fair. First because you should be aware that you are playing against a sponsored player. And second because I can imagine I would play a different way if the room gave me the bankroll. Easier to risk money when it’s not yours and you know your bankroll will be automatically refilled.
I don't think that's the way it is on the bankroll part. There must be an agreement by goals. But I agree that it must be a strange situation to play against a player who is paid by the website that hosts the games. Unless you are a pro who is hired for marketing, this would be an unusual situation.

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you all feel about players being paid to play by the poker site? i was shocked when i was informed this is really being done. is it really acceptable?
i heard it for the first time too today, its a bit demotivating

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Team Pro players such as Lex Veldhuis and other popular streamers get paid by pokerstars to stream their sessions.

Also, there have been rumors that these "pro" players get an unjust amount of good RNG for their gameplay. Think about it. Lex beats players left and right, their viewers get hyped up, then they deposit thinking they'll run as good as lex (they won't), lose it all, go back to Lex's stream, get hyped again and repeat the process.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Lex is a bad poker player, the dude knows his shit. But just by paying attention at some of the hands he gets dealt is rather suspicious.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This has always happened. If you are a professional who has sponsorship with a room, the ideal would be for this room to pay the player. These players somehow advertise the rooms on their social networks

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are sponsored they deserve it.