New Doyles Room Software

2drunk2fold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So the Yatahay network has gotten the same software provider as the italian network Enet now.

The table design and lobby design is similar, but Yatahay's is just a bit newer of course.

I think that they are moving in the right direction, with this great software. Its way better than many other sites have.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Doyles July4th special freerolls!

DoylesRoom is holding $100 freerolls every hr. for July4th.
First one I played in I made final table but then went out in 9th (while sitting in 4th of 9 sigh).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Guess these are done now - -last one started at 11pm est (one of them was a $500 freeroll, 1st = $100). Pretty sure I recognized a handful of names in some of the ones I played in earlier today (names from priv. forum games).

Just thought this might've been an oppurtunity for some US players who are without a poker site to be able to get a few bucks to start up a micro bankroll on DoylesRoom.

Oh... & yah, the new software is ok.... Way better than it was (anything would've been an improvement though). Still can't say I particularly like it much but it's not terrible.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played the 2 $500's and several other $100 and then the normal $25, but it was not my day.

It was good to see that many players at DR. over 2K all day, above 3K for the last 500 buck game.

I like the clean lean look of the software. It is different how they have no on table options icon, but those gears do the same thing. I have mentioned before that IMHO this is top 4 software rated, along with STARR, TILT, and CEREUS.

Still a bug or 2 to work out, like when I am running some other software the software only screws up my cursor, rather than popping up the table to make me do something, and as yet I have not found a workaround.

Another thing might be permanent seat selection. Minor issue to change the display, but a nice touch common to all other software.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like the clean lean look of the software. It is different how they have no on table options icon, but those gears do the same thing. I have mentioned before that IMHO this is top 4 software rated, along with STARR, TILT, and CEREUS.
Another thing might be permanent seat selection. Minor issue to change the display, but a nice touch common to all other software.
How does one change their seat selection? (feels really weird to be seated in diff. positions on every table).
The HandReplayer, obviously a zillion % better than it was before, 'but' when you do play it back, it disappears right after the river action (doesn't stay displayed.... if one was even to attempt a 'screenshot', you'd have to sit there & wait for the exact moment).

IMHO, I don't think it's as good as the 'old' Doyles (before Cake) but it's not too bad (better than Carbon & bodog).

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gears, upper left corner. You might have to wait till you have been dealt a hand before you can move.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A few screenshots of 'The Doyle' on Doyles

Doyling them with 'The Doyle' on Doyles....
aipf BvB vs SS
Btn steal w The Doyle
rrai LateLevels vs SS btn limper

.. can't fold 'The Doyle' while on Doyles (imho) ;)

Attachments

• ai pre BvB vs SS on Doyles.jpg
    ai pre BvB vs SS on Doyles.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 46
  • btn steal w T2s.jpg
    btn steal w T2s.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 44
  • rrai in BB over SS btn limper.jpg
    rrai in BB over SS btn limper.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 46
Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gears, upper left corner. You might have to wait till you have been dealt a hand before you can move.

I find this so tilting, having to move every time tables break and waiting to be dealt a hand. Is there no way to have a permanent favorite seat?

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Havent been on for ages and cant log or connect into Doylesroom:confused:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find this so tilting, having to move every time tables break and waiting to be dealt a hand. Is there no way to have a permanent favorite seat?
I wasn't even able to find a way to move to another seat.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of all the currently available sites, I like this software the best. Shame it is not getting lots of players.

Huge overlays in many of the tourneys. I won a freeroll there $10, whoopee. Then I found some Final Table experience $0.90 + .09 SNG's and am doing pretty good. Start with 1 mil chips. Good training for dealing with large stacks.;)

P

peedee91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it sounds like doyles room is a great site for freerolls...are the freerolls private or public?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it sounds like doyles room is a great site for freerolls...are the freerolls private or public?

Actually it is a terrible site for freerolls, only 2 a day, $25 total per. They do have a private tab in the main tourney, but I have not seen any games there...ever..yet.

I'm thinking they are concentrating on the look and feel of the ergonomic experience each of us has (or has to endure) online. There are very few issues left that they really should concentrate on. "Always sit me here" is my top of the list candidate. And a faster re-player would be nice. theirs is a good re-player, complete, but when I bring it up I have to adjust speed and start. A whole hand can be played while I'm lallygagging along looking at the last hand.

The site tracks fine, and HUDS fit nicely. The option to limit dealer chat is decent, but would be great if when clicking on a particular hand #, it went to the re-player immediately.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
. Then I found some Final Table experience $0.90 + .09 SNG's and am doing pretty good. Start with 1 mil chips. Good training for dealing with large stacks.;)
They start off with 1,000,000 in chips... but don't the blinds also start at ~12k/24k (40bb)?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They start off with 1,000,000 in chips... but don't the blinds also start at ~12k/24k (40bb)?

10k/20k I think, 50bbs, which is actually normal for most tourneys.

Found another new tourney there, never seen one like it.

They call it hands Based, and the one I saw/watched was limited to 60 hands max. Only one spot payed in that one, but there were only 12 players. The one I watched was a dime tourney. $.10 buy-in. Funny to watch. :icon_fara

FEARFACTOR

FEARFACTOR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, I emailed doyles because I can't log in since the switch. Two days, now, still no reply. I give up.