Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_bub

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RPM Poker, which uses the Merge Network, is one of the few places left I can play online poker on, as I am an American, and can only make deposits via Western Union, which RPM Poker accepts.

The Merge Network's graphical user interface completely sucks and makes me miserable.

I play Limit Hold'em (Yes, I admit it -- I am not a real man.)

What drives me crazy about their software is that there is a checkbox that allows you to re-raise; yet, if, by the time it's your turn to bet, one or more of your opponents have already raised or re-raised, the system automatically re-raises the raise. So, for example, if you're playing 1/2 Limit and you click to automatically raise to 2 dollars, and one of your opponents has already raised to 2 dollars, you end up automatically re-raising to 3 dollars.

Since the software doesn't allow me to automatically do a raise without a re-raise, this means that, if I don't intend to re-raise any raise, I must manually raise each time. There is a big problem with this for me -- sometimes my finger is not able to immediately click the raise button. This might be because of a slip, or my hand is fatigued, or I am preoccupied, or I am in bed playing poker with my laptop, which is a little awkward. The half to one second delay in clicking the button appears to my opponents like a bluff -- which it may in fact be, and it encourages them to call and to see me to the river, which I rarely ever want. Also, I believe this perceived indecision encourages opponents with weak hands to call, thus increasing my likelihood of getting bad beat.

The only good thing I can say about the Merge Network is that, with exception to pre-flop, there are no caps on betting, which gives me greater power punish opponents who bet too aggressively. Still, this monetary advantage does not outweigh the monetary disadvantage and aggravation of not being able to automatically do a raise.

If anyone has any ideas about whom I might contact about this problem, or suggestions, please let me know.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't there seperate raise to 2 dollar and raise any check boxed?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally always look to take advantage of people whom I notice use the pre-turn action buttons because it is very weak to do so. Using them just shows everyone at your table that you are wanting to make an action without seeing that the previous action at the table is, which you shouldn't be doing. I very highly doubt that your opponents are calling you down because of the extra half second to second it is taking you to click the button, but more likely because they are getting the proper odds to do so(you damn near always are in the late rounds of limit, lol).

Automatic responses just scream fish to everyone else at the table.

T

the_bub

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't there seperate raise to 2 dollar and raise any check boxed?

Yes, there is. But if you check it, and the person before you raises, it'll go ahead and re-raise without your consent.

T

the_bub

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally always look to take advantage of people whom I notice use the pre-turn action buttons because it is very weak to do so. Using them just shows everyone at your table that you are wanting to make an action without seeing that the previous action at the table is, which you shouldn't be doing. I very highly doubt that your opponents are calling you down because of the extra half second to second it is taking you to click the button, but more likely because they are getting the proper odds to do so(you damn near always are in the late rounds of limit, lol).

Automatic responses just scream fish to everyone else at the table.

I play 6 person tables. Yes, automatic responses could scream fish, but they could also scream weak hand -- they could also scream very strong hand and plotting whether to slow play it or not. It's often hard to tell. I generally like to consistently play hands quickly.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might want to consider consistently playing a little slower, that way your play is the same each time regardless of your hand.

I personally play very fast and only hesitate when thinking on an unusual hand that has been raised/re-raised.
Why resurrect year old dead threads? New threads can boost post count as well...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You might want to consider consistently playing a little slower, that way your play is the same each time regardless of your hand.

I personally play very fast and only hesitate when thinking on an unusual hand that has been raised/re-raised.

Why resurrect year old dead threads? New threads can boost post count as well...
So that he can tell us his totally exploitable timing tell play obviously, lol.
Curious though.. is this after a highblind limp or a 3x pot turn shove turning sm pp into basically a bluff (when never going to be folding out hands ahead of you but definitely will be folding out hands you'd get value from). Maybe based on a timing tell? lolzz

Status
Not open for further replies.