Lock 2.0 likes and dislikes

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know anything about tracker software. How do they work exactly and what is the best tracker software out there?

The two main trackers are PokerTracker4 (PT4), and HoldemManager2 (HEM). Both cost money. There may be others but those are the main two. Open source software has surprisingly never made a dent in this niche.

Both work the same way.

1- They read the Hand histories that the poker sites wrote to your hard disk (or whatever storage you have)

2 - They rapidly crunch the data and store it in a database created when you install the programs.

3 - They (optionally but included) produce a small info-graphic for each player at your current table(s), and position it on the screen in a way that that small info-graphic is shown as an overlay near each player at your tables. This is known as a HUD (Heads Up Display).

If you were a fastidious player who took copious notes and had a photographic memory, with a poker centric math mind, you would not only be the subject of TV documentaries (savant's r us), but you could do this all yourself. You are not, and no one else is either. So these trackers only process and present to you, info that is historic.

Trackers are best used, and actually can only reliably be used as a way to review your own play. Less reliably, but somewhat useful it provides a way to access your opponents play. It reports to you (via that HUD), how each opponent has played at tables where you were also present. It will not legally provide you with data for other players hands where you were not at those tables.

Neither can read what cards are in play! For that you would need other software. Carbon provides a HUD, with no lingering database, which does read the cards in play (yours, not everyone's) and offers some generalized stats on probabilities. There might be other software capable of reading the cards in play, but for the most part they are considered illegal in the ToS (terms of service).

YOU RUN THE RISK OF LOSING YOUR ENTIRE bankroll IF CAUGHT USING THOSE PROGRAMS.

In the ToS for each site, are provisions that detail which programs are considered illegal. Neither PT4 or HEM are considered illegal at any of the major sites where they are used.

Bovada took a route that favors the casual/recreational player. Trackers do not work there per se. Many dislike the anonymity., but Bovada (bodog) is doing fine and as far as I can tell, covers all their guaranteed tourney's.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Seems like every time I go to open up LOCK, I'm required to download it again (& again, & again). This happening to anyone else?

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hope something good comes of all this...players deserve their money...good luck

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems like every time I go to open up LOCK, I'm required to download it again (& again, & again). This happening to anyone else?

I think it's because they keep updating it to improve it

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHAT A PUTS OF A SITE. what else can u say about it. cant find a game to play mtt

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash outs u have to wait at least 6 weeks between withdrawl and the cash getting to your account

pgbgwb

pgbgwb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to download Lock everytime I play too. Anyway around this?

B

blueduck88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how they ask "would you like to go all in". This button has cost me a lot of money on other sites when I hit it by accident

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have to download Lock everytime I play too. Anyway around this?

Stop playing, Its uploading because they are improving it. So in other words every time you have to re download is a good thing because it means lock is improving their software

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today i noticed that it doesn't auto log off anymore when inactive, i have to say that i like it...

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like lock I never attempted cash out so my opinion might differ if I do but my main issue is the lack of customer support, 48 hours for a simple question? Most other sites I know replys back within 4.

Software seems decent with 2.0
But I also suspect they have they're own bots playing in most if not all of the tournaments, just a suspicion I get can't prove it though

4evertilted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Needs HUD and they seem to slowly working out bugs… Just speed up cash outs.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a bummer that we can longer exchange our points for cash, just tourney tickets now

B

blueduck88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also sucks that the store is temporarily closed. Hoping it comes back soon

B

blueduck88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is skrill deposit option once again available for Lock? Does anyone know?

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a bummer that we can longer exchange our points for cash, just tourney tickets now

thanks for mentioning that. i wish i had cashed in my points now , before they changed this . Oh well, maybe tourney tics will be worth something again, one day. We can hope...

BatteredMugshot

BatteredMugshot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive just this week joined Lock poker as part of an affiliate program. Gotta say, NOTHING like what i was expecting. I honestly had low expectations and after about 30 minutes of playing around with the client im familiar and ready to play, love it!

G

gorillabluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know if western union is now available as a cash out option on lock 2.0 and if the cash out timeframes are getting any better?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was wrong about this (as was Lock customer support). Lock hand histories can be found at:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\LockPoker\LockPoker\HandHistory\ScreenName\YYYY-MM-DD

Good luck.

-HooDooKoo

I'm an idiot when it comes to this so can some one please explain to me how I find my Hand history in a way an idiot can understand

Looked every where and can not find it

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused - what is Lock Poker 2.0? what network etc? Are non-us allowed to play and I hope cashouts are improved

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused - what is Lock Poker 2.0? what network etc? Are non-us allowed to play and I hope cashouts are improved

Lock left Revolution and has gone solo. At this point they are not a network, they are stand alone. This happened in late October, and this thread showed up on like day 2 of the new Lock. the 2.0 refers to some new incarnation. It is wrong, it would be better called Lock 3.0. Before Revolution, Lock was at Merge. Who knows where they were before that? The current software is version 1.x.......

Lock has shown great response to refining an already pretty good poker software. They have not shown any improvement in withdrawal processing. We all hope that changes soon.

As for non-us players, I'll let non-US players fill in that part of the equation. With so many options, I doubt many non-US players would chose to play at Lock. But we have a private freeroll running on Sundays that is big enough to gather all our freeroll whores to it.

Separately from that answer, I LIKE that lock solved a preferred seating issue that we never knew existed. On all other sites, we were offered preferred seating for all the table situations that might occur. 10.9.8.6.4.2 seated tables we had to choose which seat to sit at. Lock solved that issue with one choice. Elegance personified. Kudos.

Last edited:
dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before Revolution, Lock was at Merge. Who knows where they were before that? The current software is version 1.x.......
They were Cake before they were Merge. Reportedly "were asked to leave" Cake (big surprise), then got pushed out of Merge and figured they'd stage a takeover of Cake to form Revolution. But that didn't work out for them either because they didn't follow through on the deal (another big surprise) and then screwed the rest of the network skins out of reconciliation, which led to player pool segregation that nearly killed the network and several skins. Nowhere else for them to go after that but on their own. I don't really understand why people still trust them, and I say that as someone who stuck by them through the Merge and Revo phase because I was getting paid relatively quickly at the time.

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just about had my fill of them, after 7 hours of nothing. Yea i am pissed, i did get a live[ i guess but who knows for sure] person on the live chat support. Didn't help whatsoever though. It only took a minute but "Barry" put a link up that might as well been a link to lala land. Just a blank page that never proceeded any farther. They can have my shillings, i am sure they need it more than i do.:banghead: