just thought i'd share two hands i had last night...

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand 1: We're playign 1/2 NLHE I'm in the cutoff, adn I'm dealt [9s][kd]. there are 6 limpers, so I limp in as well. The button raises to 5 straight. Every limper calls. Of course i have the odds now to call 3 more dollars. I make a comment "Ooooh i think i should have folded" because playing K9 usually gets you into trouble. In any case, the flop comes [Qc][10d][Jh]. I flop second nuts. I'm sitting with a little over 200$ at this point. It checks around to a guy two places on my right, who bets only 5$. I raise to twenty, and the button calls. the better then goes all in for 210$ to which I immidiately call. the button says fold but flips over aces (damn)

The original better has [Qs][10h] for two pair. My straight stands up.

Hand 2: In a similar postion as the first hand maybe ~10 hands later...i think i'm maybe 2 spots off the button, and I'm dealt [Kc][Jc]. I raise to 10$ and get a caller from the the 3 people, one including the guy on my immidiate left. The flop comes [9h][Qd][10c]. Of course, this time I flop the nuts. It's checked to me which I don't like because i want to be bet into with the nuts, but i bet 20$ again, and the guy on my left pushes....(by this point i have everyone at the table but 1 guy covered) and another guy calls, and one folds. I call. one guy shows aces, and the guy to my left flips over Q9. the turn and river give me a flush instead of my straight, and the board doesn't pair... in the course of 2 hands I went from 200$ to about 800$.

Just thought i'd share.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's nice when things works so smoooooooothly!

Would have been the perfect time to get up and leave.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands