Iron Man: Use it, it's free!!!

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know you have to exchange your freeroll ticket for the bonus medals now right?

Go to your Iron man page, there is a tab at the far right 'ticket exchange'. In there you can exchange your freeroll tickets for the bonus medals...

yes. it's not the bonus medals. never received the base medals for february. I received the freeroll ticket immediately when the month changed. I emailed support so they can deal with it, tho looks like they'll be slow in doing so.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post a pic of your iron man page for last mont. Never heard of anyone not getting there medals within a few hours of the month being completed. You might not be understanding the promotion.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
saw this it is free gonna enjoy using bonus medals from the one a day roll to play in the mini ftops thx full tilt:cool:

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post a pic of your iron man page for last mont. Never heard of anyone not getting there medals within a few hours of the month being completed. You might not be understanding the promotion.

I emailed support several days ago, and they finally responded today and credited them to my account as a "goodwill" gesture. Apparently they explained that I didn't have "opt-in" selected on my Ironman page even tho I reached an ironman level. So if you don't opt-in you get a ticket for bonus medals apparently, but no base medals. Which is weird.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is weird. I think it is also weird that you have to opt in every month. If you have qualified for the last month don't you think you will probably be opting in again the next?

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any1 know if you can access our ironman page without the fulltilt client?

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I emailed support several days ago, and they finally responded today and credited them to my account as a "goodwill" gesture. Apparently they explained that I didn't have "opt-in" selected on my Ironman page even tho I reached an ironman level. So if you don't opt-in you get a ticket for bonus medals apparently, but no base medals. Which is weird.

have you ever opted in to that program? i think i have not had to do it for a while now, although it did ask me a few times in the beginning. (also, make sure you have opted in this month, lol) :)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember having to click the little box at the beginning of the month a long time ago, but I haven't had to do that for quite a long time now.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone say roughly what the rakeback equivalent of ironman is? like how much does it add to rakeback, in %

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it is going to depend on what level of IM you are achieving and how many consecutive months you've been getting that level. But IM medals are worth between $0.165-0.215 each(low end being for the smaller purchases, like $3.30 Step 1 ticket and higher end being for $2,100 FTOPs buy-in). So, even if you're only doing the One-A-Day, you're still getting an extra $2.47 worth in medals a month.

So, if you chose to cash your ticket in after getting IM at each level in your first month, here's about what you're getting added in medals based on minimum conversion.
Bronze - $8.25
Silver - $13.20
Gold - $23.10
Iron - $33.00

Hope that helped a little.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just qualified for my 4th month in a row and 5th month total. Gotta love rush poker for ironman 4 tabling 5nl 50 points in 40 minutes.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm one of those people that just has time to play a couple of SNGs to satisfy that one-a-day requirement. Good enough for me, really. :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made bronze yesterday, which is my first ever time of qualifying for an ironman level, was dissapointed though as I was going for silver and hitting 80-100 ftps a day, but missed a day over last weekend when I was hooped after moving house :( Silver next month for sure but woulda been good to get it this month for extra mid-year bonus money

dermafx

dermafx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you hit silver for six months and then hit a month of bronze, does your recurring monthly bonus reset? Or do you just have to hit ANY iron man level each month to keep the bonus rolling?

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just any level. As long as you get bronze you will keep it going.

I'm going for iron this month!!

dermafx

dermafx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks No Brainer.

I am going for Silver, going to take a lot of hours grinding micro stakes haha.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently there's a new change in the ironman store:

B. Ring Game Tickets: Kind of like tournament tickets, but for ring games. You can find them in the regular FTP Store and Iron Man Store ranging from $10 to $200. Buy into any single ring game table with a ticket. This should be a handy thing for anyone who has a bunch of points/medals, not a lot of cash in their account, and doesn't like to play tournaments.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently there's a new change in the ironman store:

B. Ring Game Tickets: Kind of like tournament tickets, but for ring games. You can find them in the regular FTP Store and Iron Man Store ranging from $10 to $200. Buy into any single ring game table with a ticket. This should be a handy thing for anyone who has a bunch of points/medals, not a lot of cash in their account, and doesn't like to play tournaments.

Very interesting, but what keeps you from just sitting down and then cashing out 2 hands later? Do you have to work through the ability to keep it like you would a regular cash bonus?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it out. You need to hit a specified number of FTP's in order to be able to cash out the value of the ticket. For example, on a $10 ticket, you need to hit 250 FTPs, or on a $200 ticket, you need to hit 5000 FTPs. Kind of dumb.

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More info these Ring Game Tickets can be found here.

It seems that you can buy into cash games with them, but won't receive their value in pure cash until you've earned a certain benchmark of FTP points with them.

Honestly, the first thought that came to my mind when I read about these was--isn't there a serious loophole here? Couldn't someone just buy into a game with one of these tickets, lose it to a friend, and arrange to have that friend send the ticket's value back to them in cash, rendering it essentially an instant (and rake-free) bonus? :confused:

This could be construed as a form of "chip dumping", but as the people involved would not be putting themselves at an unfair advantage over other players, would or should this be punishable? Only FTP would be paying, since they'd be missing out on rake that may otherwise have been generated had the owner of the ticket continued to maintain it. How would/should FTP deal with this kind of situation?

Last edited:
A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about actually taking advantage of this promo this month because of Take 2 coming up. Normally I have enough bad pain days and don't play during any given month enough days to do it.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was--isn't there a serious loophole here? Couldn't someone just buy into a game with one of these tickets, lose it to a friend, and arrange to have that friend send the ticket's value back to them in cash, rendering it essentially an instant (and rake-free) bonus? :confused:

This could be construed as a form of "chip dumping", but as the people involved would not be putting themselves at an unfair advantage over other players, would or should this be punishable? Only FTP would be paying, since they'd be missing out on rake that may otherwise have been generated had the owner of the ticket continued to maintain it. How would/should FTP deal with this kind of situation?

That is pretty much the definition of chip dumping and yes it would be punishable by FTP if they were to catch on to it(the transactions between the two IDs that played against another would be a red flag). I have even seen stories, one in particular from here, where a girl didn't have her account verified and got a big score, so she couldn't withdrawl, so she dumped her chips to her boyfriend's account and both accounts were locked up. Not worth it for what would probably add up to only about a couple buy-ins for whatever level you're playing(I say this because there won't be many 10NL players who have an enormous amount of medals, like for instance 1100 for the $200.)

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm one of those people that just has time to play a couple of SNGs to satisfy that one-a-day requirement. Good enough for me, really. :)

I'm in my 15th month of Iron Man.

I usually register a day in advance for the $0+$0.10 $1000 Guarantee that starts at 17:35 ET (21:35 GMT).
By registering every day and I'm assured 1 FTP per day and the 15 medals by earning ticket for the "One-A-Day Freeroll".

I must average around 20 day per month so even if I sit out the 10¢ entry fee tourney, at most I lose $1 a month.
The 15 medals is half of what an Iron Day (30 medals) cost, and more than enough for a $2.20 BLT ticket (13 medals).

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must play more than just that tourney to get your required amount. I'm pretty sure only paying $0.10 rake won't get you a full FTP as it takes about $0.14 per FTP in tourney buy-ins. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch