Is Intertops Poker safe?

S

Savagebliss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts on false detects on virus scanners.

OK so the deal with some software is any time it does something that these programs detect as possibly malicious it can trigger a false positive, especially if you have heuristic scanning enabled. I've played with plenty of let's say "modified executables" for various programs that are often detected as problems even if they do nothing else on the system at all. I suspect the reason the poker client is tripping false positives is because of possible security measures it enables to prevent collusion and cheating. For example maybe they have screen capture so they can make sure you haven't installed a worm of your own on someone else's computer and can see their hole cards. Or perhaps it monitors for various virtualized pc's and networks that may be running on your system (so you can multi-account) so they are trying to access other programs memory space. All of these things could trigger a false positive and if the virus makers haven't taken the time to mark it as safe either because it's a small poker site or a "modified executable" or what have you; then they'll just let it stay on the harmful list.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same here. I woke up today to see that it has been uninstalled from my computer. Windows defender keeps alerting my of threats found. I like playing there but I now wonder is it safe to continue.

Jeshua Kane

Jeshua Kane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
crazy

Same here. I woke up today to see that it has been uninstalled from my computer. Windows defender keeps alerting my of threats found. I like playing there but I now wonder is it safe to continue.

WOW, the same thing happened to me this afternoon, i turned my computer on and intertops is no longer on my computer, how the hell does something uninstall by itself while the computer is off? I didnt see any warnings or anything last night...:confused:
I checked my control panel it is not on the list...

Jeshua Kane

Jeshua Kane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BS

So i have widows defender. I just tried to change the settings to allow them through so i can at least play the intertops Saturday freeroll but it wont allow them to run on my computer. I tried to re download them after i changed the firewall to allow them through but after 5 minutes of running my computer it automatically shuts it down and deletes it...

I might just stop playing altogether because of this, online poker is so crooked and probably always has been.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found a trojan after intertops downloading and it was really difficult to eliminate it with my 360 security antivrus system.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Like many other, my antivirus don't like Intertops.
Since their last update, I had uninstalled intertops.
As soon as I try to re-install it, I got a warning message from my antivirus
.At least we can play poker from intertops websites.
I don't think that turn-off antivirus is a good solution to be able to install intertops.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, seems pretty janky to me. I think I am going to avoid. The idea of shutting off protection seems quite absurd...LOL

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm not sure if it's sure in terms of viruses. but i stopped playing there because they lied to me with false requirements to withdraw. it's not recommended to play freerolls there.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Avast does not allow me to install Intertops.. Trojan, malware.. lol

Turn off protection for the few mins that it takes to download then tell your AV to make an exception for Itops.

Itops does it to everyone, I have had it happen many times for Itops, I have had to redownload it a few times, never had a problem after it is set up.

lol @ the people that think as soon as they turn off their AV someone will hack or infect their system, hackers don't waste time chasing pennies.

:top:

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
install on a virtual machine and they're all safe. But I've never had any security issues with intertops.

Jeshua Kane

Jeshua Kane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
common sense

It does not make any sense to say as a legitimate online business, "its ok turn the saftey systems of your computer off trust us, its fine.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One: the problem with Juicy Stakes is they will not let you withdraw even when meet their conditions.

Exactly! I regret I started playing at this site. Firstly, I won about 20$ on Jackpot Freerolls there by finishing 1st. As they state on their T&C's, it's very simple to withdraw via skrill, just claim it, you don't even have to make the 1st deposit at all. The only thing you need is some rake. OK, no problem. I have played a bit on NL4 tables, generated the required amount of rake points, and doubled this bankroll (games are really really soft there). I have sent all the docs for verifying that they asked. Everything was alright and they didn't tell me there was something wrong with my acc just until my try to withdraw. Fistly, they said they need a photo where the face and ID both are visible. No problem at all, of course. After receiving this, they simply closed my account (permanent!) without any reasonable explanation at all and with the "you didn't pass the security procedure of our site" statement. Wwwwhat?
I am playing at many sites. And Inter was the 1st site where I saw such a thing. It's just ridiculous.
It happened just today and, of course, I have not reported about the stuff to any gambling commition yet, just claimed to explain me the reasons of the closure. Wondering, what they'll text me if they do.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was no problem with verifying my account on any other site before. I didn't break their rules by any possible meanings. And, of course, I have the only account on Inter.
At this point, the Intertops site is the worst I have every played at.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have reported about them acting this way to the Curacao eGaming (complaints@curacao-egaming.com) and now am waiting for response.

Safe Poker Sites