If you could change a rule to poker, what would it be?

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want play limit holdem,played.Why all online players forced No limit Holdem.I love play limit holdem. Its so fun and range of preflop hands are so big.Every hand we have action.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see no reason to change anything in poker. Unless I would oblige the player going all in to show his hand. Even if there was no distribution of cards for flop, turn, river. And even if the going all in in took all the chips without opening the cards.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Changes

when we lose we want to change some rule, but when we win we do not want to change anything 😂😂😂:rock::rock:

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live play, I would change the rule, that you have to bet the nuts on the river if you are not last to act. I think this rule coasts you a few big pots because some players will bet river if you check it to them from early position. In online play I would change the rules that in showdown all players have to show both of there cards. This will cut down on some of the bad play, if players have to show what they are playing in what position. Plus it gives away information on each play which will effect how each one plays to some degree. I would like to see if he was calling with air or trying to out play me when I catch there bluff on the river.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is so perfect, why change something, and poker a lot , I think everyone can find something for themselves!

U

Uros Jankovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live poker: No phones, no masseuse, no sunglasses, scarfs, hats or any kind of additional shit that players use to hide their emotions. The joy of live poker is to analyse your opponents face, moves, reactions but it is getting kind of impossible right now, because everyone is using some kind of "protection". I would like to see shot clock of 30 seconds on every tournament after 3 or 4 minutes of making decision, because some players are using 10 or even more minutes to make some decisions. I know someone tournament life is in risk and stuff like that, but still some players take so much time to make some decisions.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id say, in order for 2 pair to count you have to pair BOTH your hole cards.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the rules of the game are not worth changing, I would change only some of the rules of the tournament (for example, take a break from the late stage of 10 minutes) and would forbid using mobile devices during the game on live events

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The obvious, 3 pairs to beat 2 pairs for example. I have pocket 5's and my opponent has AK and the boards is 667 7 3. The high card ace would take it not taking into consideration you have a pair.

O

OscarFinch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think of a new rule that would prevent people from stealing blinds. I haven't know yet what exactly it would be, but I will think about it. It's a really disgusting thing nowadays, lots of players are hunting for your blind, especially at pokerstars. Sometimes it reminds me a little bit of robbery. Some poker rooms already thought about it, for example 888 poker have presented Flopomania recently, where there are no blinds to steal. Also I've read a news article which states that guys from Pokerstars are thinking about this problem as well.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why reinvent the wheel. No new rules need to be invented. everything is thought out very well

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hola amigos, si pudiera cambiar una regla de poker, ¿qué haría? ... Yo, por ejemplo, sería ciego en algunos torneos

If I could change a rule is that I would like to have all-in have an option of running the board twice to three times.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In live play, I would change the rule, that you have to bet the nuts on the river if you are not last to act. I think this rule coasts you a few big pots because some players will bet river if you check it to them from early position.

Last time I checked, you do NOT have to bet the nuts on the river unless you are last to act.
In online play I would change the rules that in showdown all players have to show both of there cards. This will cut down on some of the bad play, if players have to show what they are playing in what position. Plus it gives away information on each play which will effect how each one plays to some degree. I would like to see if he was calling with air or trying to out play me when I catch there bluff on the river.

Why do we want to cut down on some of the bad play?

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beats get a small consolation

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rules are very clear and not to be changed.

P

pokersport88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Then you would need to limit the number of bets to 3 bet or 4 bet where do u stop the re-raises?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would think of a new rule that would prevent people from stealing blinds. I haven't know yet what exactly it would be, but I will think about it. It's a really disgusting thing nowadays, lots of players are hunting for your blind, especially at Pokerstars. Sometimes it reminds me a little bit of robbery. Some poker rooms already thought about it, for example 888 poker have presented Flopomania recently, where there are no blinds to steal. Also I've read a news article which states that guys from Pokerstars are thinking about this problem as well.

I can guarantee you that even as much as Pokerstars shows they are nothing thinking in the best interest of 'the players' (reward program gone for a sh1t, rake increases, etc.) they are not going to be looking for what you're suggesting here. It is ridiculous.

Suggestion > Learn to adapt. "Adjust" to the players & the situation. (ie. try 3-betting vs. them with a much wider range. If you feel their late position raises are B.S. (loose steals) take advantage of this.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nothing! Everything is ok with poker rules.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see opennet hand when i make hard fold on the river

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no more than 2 allins in a row until the final table, keeps the bingo players in check.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no more than 2 allins in a row until the final table, keeps the bingo players in check.
I do not think it would be a good idea, it would be action to the table

Poker Rules - Poker Games