• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wheather you tell him or not........ he will soon find out.......... there are a lot of others who wont tell him...... but be the nice guy and let him know.........if hes making a mistake like that im sure there are a lot of other ones hes doing.......to take his money........

Lopos

Lopos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me a few months ago at a deep $1/2 cash game. I had been winning that night and was up about $150 and about 2 hours into the game I noticed that I could see his hole cards. Rather than tell him about it and raise ANY suspicion (I think i won a couple of decent sized pots from him), I just chose not to look at them, Both dilemmas solved. I feel that its very unethical to use those hole cards to my advantage.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey if ur sitting at a live game andu wanna show ur cards or dont pay attn then u should be fair game.. Theres no way in hell that i would tell him..No mercy in poker.. Noone would tell me thats for sure

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me a few months ago at a deep $1/2 cash game. I had been winning that night and was up about $150 and about 2 hours into the game I noticed that I could see his hole cards. Rather than tell him about it and raise ANY suspicion (I think i won a couple of decent sized pots from him), I just chose not to look at them, Both dilemmas solved. I feel that its very unethical to use those hole cards to my advantage.

You need to pay more attention if it took you 2 hours to spot :)

L

Ldpokercj5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot more live poker than online poker, and its mainly the same group of guys and this does happen once awhile where you can see there cards or when there cards or being dealt it might flip up some (since we are pro dealers). All we ever done is just tell the person to watch their hand and it seemed the solve the problem.

jstabloak

jstabloak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you look up your hole?

I like to barely see what i got. maybe look twice.

let us hear how you look at them.
Have a Great day everyone! :icon_sant

AlBundy24

AlBundy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very simple...rest both hands on the table, surrounding your hole cards. Use one thumb to lift the corner of your two cards. Only visibility to your cards is a direct line with you, so anyone behind you that could somehow see through you.

And btw, I say you have to tell them. I never would have thought about collusion being accused, but cheating in general would be enough to either A. get you kicked out of a game or B. get your @$$ kicked. If you tell someone that you can see their cards and they keep doing it, try to teach them how to look at their cards without showing anyone. If you don't know how yourself, then just watch any poker on TV. Sometimes, they're so careful at looking at their cards that the camera can't even pick it up.

J

jaymorin123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would probably just let the guy know one time, and if he continues to show u his cards , good for u then u got an advantage.

i was actually in Atlantic City today and one of the dealers was dealing horrible. Just about every card he dealt i was able to see, because i was lounging in the seat and he would deal the cards pretty high. I didn't tell him anything though....

raines42

raines42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the Pros make darn sure no one can see their cards.... cause the pros are trying to peek as well.... there is no room for integrity in poker.. keep it to your self and count your chips on the way out the door :)

raines42

raines42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at my cards with my thumb... only once.

*** Unless I have been drinking a lot.. then under the table method takes hold

M

malichite503

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why would you tell him its his responsibility to care for his own cards maybe you dont have to peek but he is his own person

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd tell them loud enough for the rest of the table to hear me.For the simple reason,that I would'nt want them,or anyone else,to accuse me of cheating at a later hand.
I don't see why I should have to sit,bolt upright,looking straight ahead,just because someone can't look at there cards correctly.

B

Bearcat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Karma is the way I roll...Telling is the only thing to do. In my book i would end up on a losing streak worth alot more in losses then what I ever could have won from the guy i saw his cards. Poker is a game of skill, luck and chance...not cheats, I would hope any way.
Lots of luck to all of you, Bearcat

F

fructis05

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a players responsabilty to protect his or her cards at all times

djrudeboy

djrudeboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of you are missing the issue

Lets say the "nice" thing to do is let them know to protect there hole cards. However, let's say you notice someone caps their cards every time they have a good hand and keeps them in their left hand when they are bluffing. Do you let them know thier tells? Hell no! You exploit it. The showing of their hole cards is just another tell (the ultimate tell).

Trust me --- I am a poker player!:joyman:

R

RAMARAIDER

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Advise the dealer so everyone knows. After that, your free and clear.It's all up for grabs after that.

KoenigKing

KoenigKing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha wow thats pretty nuts. you did do the right thing and plus ended up taking some of his stack without seeing his cards :) but i mean that is his fault, he just doesnt realize he was being watched for tells. its not like you were doing it on purpose. like you said he was an inexperienced poker player and they seem to get mad when they dont win :) :) :) :)

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at my cards with my thumb... only once.

*** Unless I have been drinking a lot.. then under the table method takes hold

So THAT's why they have those glass windows in the tables... so you can see your cards when you fall down drunk on the floor! :beer:

R

royalflush525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I would prob tell him, for the reason I know, and I believe in my heart what goes around comes around. maybe the guy needed glasses, or maybe he never looks at anyones cards so he thinks no one will look at his.

B

bluffnjokers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shame on him for allowing you to see them.....he should learn how to play and if he doesn't then it's an expensive leason for him

S

ScorpionMK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it would be funny if the person that cant hide his cards trys to bluff all in with a hand like 2 7 os on the river and than you call and win with something like 8 3 (win by 8 high). THAT WOULD BE FUNNY AS HELL.

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont' know if this has been said but...

Lets consider that someone is looking at their cards like what was mentioned above, so that the person on their left and right can see what they have. You're not in either of those positions, so you're not cheating by looking, and you're not the dummy showing off the cards that easily, but you're the sucker who doesn't know what 2 other cards are already out of the deck. If the guy to his left has A10 suited in spades, and sees the guy to his right is holding KQ of spades, he knows he only has 9 cards left that can make his flush. Or if that board hits KKA, he knows the chances you have that King are pretty low.

I'd say that there should be some sort of rule that picking up your cards and looking at them in a way that is so easily seen by people on your left and/or right is illegal in some way, or the dealer should reprimand the guy. I don't want my opponents having a bigger edge about what cards are left.

just my (uninformed) 2 cents

Y

Youngerhov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This funny because my pseudo-Aunt used to wear glasses and she did the same thing. She is a very aggressive player so I never told her until years later. When I finally told her she was angry at me and wouldn't gamble with me for months. I think it is the moral thing to do.

K

KLock7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This tends to happen to me a lot. I know this sounds like a mean thing, but if they're willing to show, I'm gonna look. It's not my problem if they don't protect their cards the way they should. If I can find any little advantage while I'm playing I'll take it. The way I look at it, if it was me in that situation(which it would never be), I would expect others to do the same to me.