HUGE overlays at Carbon/Merge!!!

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well no one plays there because waiting 3 + months to be paid , is incredibly unreasonable . Which is why everyone plays on bovada ...

T

Towerflower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbonpoly $$

Care to actually show some evidence of what fantasy you are throwing out there?

Monopoly money can't be cashed in, and people are today still cashing in Carbon balances.....

STOP LYING AND TRYING TO CAUSE PANIC OVER WAIT TIMES THAT ARE CONSISTENTLY WITHIN THEIR HISTORIC NORMS.
Curacao eGaming is the operator of Carbon Poker:

http://validate.cyberluck.com/validate/51a4b6a5-1888-4471-abbb-37330a00002a

George Praag is the operator/owner of Curacao eGaming.

He was also the managing director of Stacktrace N.V.(which operates Lock Poker) until few weeks ago.

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess this was short lived... As Carbon had removed basically all the bigger $5 (buy-in) games with big guarantees! For instance, there was a $5 buy-in $5K gtd. Now the best $5 buy-in GTD is $1.5K. And they have (out of nowhere) brought back rebuy MTT's. Which is fine and dandy, but they are all turbo... boo! Wish they would just have left it alone. Give me back a $5 buy-in with a $2K+ GTD.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at some point with overlays they are going to have to do something so they are not losing, they are a business. It sucks when you are use to something and then it changes, but maybe itwill go back up, I will never play on merge again though so this is irrelevant to me...

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curacao eGaming is the operator of Carbon Poker:

http://validate.cyberluck.com/validate/51a4b6a5-1888-4471-abbb-37330a00002a

George Praag is the operator/owner of Curacao eGaming.

He was also the managing director of Stacktrace N.V.(which operates Lock Poker) until few weeks ago.

Which means what? There isn't even any proof of that in your link!!

Even if it was true, so what?

You aren't proving there is any issue with cashing out from Merge; try harder.

SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OF CASHOUTS NOT BEING HONORED AT MERGE OR ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG TO POST WHAT YOU DID.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Merge has done very poorly (IMHO) with guaranteed tourney's, and it is nothing new. I brought this up several YEARS ago, and it was nothing new then either.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I seen a few of these overlays.
I have an $11 coupon I might have to give it a shot.
These overlays still happenin?

T

Towerflower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbonpoly $$

Which means what?
Company name = Curacao eGaming

There isn't even any proof of that in your link!!
I researched together with JimAfternoon, that George Praag is the owner/operator of Curacao eGaming.

Even if it was true, so what?
Go to the Lock Poker threads, if you wonna know what.

You aren't proving there is any issue with cashing out from Merge; try harder.
You aren´t proving that all the Carbon $$ account balances are available in real money; try harder.

SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OF CASHOUTS NOT BEING HONORED AT MERGE OR ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG TO POST WHAT YOU DID.
George Praag = operator/owner of Carbon, is more than enough proof of what I have posted.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you don't have proof of anybody having cash out issues- no, not waits- with Merge.

Cool, no problem.

Wait, are you actually saying you cannot cash out at Merge?

Please be VERY CLEAR about what you're saying so I can either agree or disagree.

Go ahead...IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CASH OUT AT MERGE LIKE YOU INTIMATED OR NOT?

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some pretty long wait times for withdrawals on there lately. sigh :(

Yes, that's been the case forever at Merge and I specifically said NOT WAIT TIMES....

If you put money on Merge without knowing they have consistently had the longest wait times for cashouts since forever in the US, I cannot blame anyone but you.

I know when I originally deposited forever ago, I heard it be ~6-8 weeks....AFAIK that's what it is right now and people are acting like the world has ended and Merge is stealing money, which is patently false and by trying to create a run on the bank these morons are putting all of our deposits in peril with their idiocy.

T

Towerflower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbonpoly $$

Yes, that's been the case forever at Merge and I specifically said NOT WAIT TIMES....
It is NEW that ROW withdrawals are not getting processed as well!

I know when I originally deposited forever ago, I heard it be ~6-8 weeks....AFAIK that's what it is right now and people are acting like the world has ended and Merge is stealing money, which is patently false and by trying to create a run on the bank these morons are putting all of our deposits in peril with their idiocy.
If they would have all the Carbonpoly $$ balances in real cash, this would have almost no influence whatsoever, as they could simply introduce other withdrawal methods like BTC or debit card.

But if you don´t have the money, then yes, a bank run is a problem. :D

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If they would have all the Carbonpoly $$ balances in real cash, this would have almost no influence whatsoever, as they could simply introduce other withdrawal methods like BTC or debit card.

But if you don´t have the money, then yes, a bank run is a problem. :D

So you don't have any evidence, got it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

If you put money on Merge without knowing they have consistently had the longest wait times for cashouts since forever in the US, I cannot blame anyone but you.

Withdrawal wait times aren't the same as they've always been.

Prior to 2015 I never waited longer than 22days from submitting a WD request to receiving the cheque at my doorstep.
Now in 2015, the fastest cashout I've heard of was ~2mos.... and I haven't heard of anyone receiving one in <1mth.

Suggesting there's been no change just isn't true.

B

bobrook

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you sure you are waiting until late registration is over to check them? They have 3 hours of late registration and it eats up the overlay in most of the games I see.

So true. Never seen an overlay play out on Carbon, just a bunch of late registrations going all in.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overlays are not good for a site. If a site continually has overlays on it tourneys, then it is losing money. Having been through the Lock Poker fiasco once already, I don't want to do it again with Carbon. I have been closely monitoring threads on other sites dedicated to Carbon payouts, and it looks like no US players have gotten a check in more than a month. The Carbon reps are blaming it on payment processors. Not sure what to make of it, but a red flag is waving in my mind.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too am no fan of Guarantees. An occasional big event with a guarantee is fine, but 90% (or some other absurd percentage) is foolish, bad business dreamed up by non poker playing marketeers.

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
havent noticed that! during ftops on full tilt there were overlays too, dont know how it will be next series.....

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Withdrawal wait times aren't the same as they've always been.

Prior to 2015 I never waited longer than 22days from submitting a WD request to receiving the cheque at my doorstep.
Now in 2015, the fastest cashout I've heard of was ~2mos.... and I haven't heard of anyone receiving one in <1mth.

Suggesting there's been no change just isn't true.

I had a wait time of well over 1 month, so now you've heard of one.

What happened is they did a great job of getting wait times down last yr, and now they've popped back up.

If you have money on Merge EXPECT to wait up to 9 weeks to get it off.

If you can get it off way before that, great, you were fortunate.

All the longtime Merge players know there were wait times up to 2 months before last yr at different points. THERE IS NOTHING UNPRECEDENTED ABOUT THOSE TYPES OF WAIT TIMES.

Also, ROW skrill payouts are ongoing, so stop lying....one need only go to 2p2 to see multiple people confirm this.

STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT IS GOING ON.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had a wait time of well over 1 month, so now you've heard of one.

What happened is they did a great job of getting wait times down last yr, and now they've popped back up.

If you have money on Merge EXPECT to wait up to 9 weeks to get it off.

If you can get it off way before that, great, you were fortunate.

All the longtime Merge players know there were wait times up to 2 months before last yr at different points. THERE IS NOTHING UNPRECEDENTED ABOUT THOSE TYPES OF WAIT TIMES.

Also, ROW skrill payouts are ongoing, so stop lying....one need only go to 2p2 to see multiple people confirm this.

STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT IS GOING ON.

What?

Firstly I never stated that I'd not heard of a wait time of greater than 1mth. (what are you talking about??). I did state that I hadn't heard of any in 2015 that were <1mth ( a.k.a. Less than 1 month).

I was referring to wait times for Canadians (which is typically similiar to or equal to ROW wait times). Never once did I say this was via Skrill (or had anything at all to do with cashing out via Skrill).

All of my previous cashouts on Carbon in 2014, were 20 to 22 days. (with one at the very beginning of 2014 taking only 4days... < this one was via Skrill but as 'you' know, Skrill has not been an option for Canadians since Jan. 2014). I haven't heard of players receiving WD's in this timeframe in 2015.

Now tell me where I'm lying? :confused:

Maybe it's just your reading comprehension?

Last edited:
A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What?

Firstly I never stated that I'd not heard of a wait time of greater than 1mth. (what are you talking about??). I did state that I hadn't heard of any in 2015 that were <1mth ( a.k.a. Less than 1 month).

I was referring to wait times for Canadians (which is typically similiar to or equal to ROW wait times). Never once did I say this was via Skrill (or had anything at all to do with cashing out via Skrill).

All of my previous cashouts on Carbon in 2014, were 20 to 22 days. (with one at the very beginning of 2014 taking only 4days... < this one was via Skrill but as 'you' know, Skrill has not been an option for Canadians since Jan. 2014). I haven't heard of players receiving WD's in this timeframe in 2015.

Now tell me where I'm lying? :confused:

Maybe it's just your reading comprehension?

I don't even know what you're saying anymore...

Are you Canadian?

If so, why on earth are you worried about cash out times on Merge?

Why would you even play on Merge?

People are consistently still getting withdrawals and no one said wait times have been or will be identical over time from a gray market site.

So what is the issue, that wait times are now longer; I still don't get it....the wait times are going to sometimes be longer and sometimes be shorter just as they've fluctuated in the past.

I really don't get the hubbub...and most long time players there don't either per the 2p2 thread. No, I don't think it's a great situation, and yes everyone should know wait times of up to 8-9 weeks can and have occurred on Merge.

I mean past that, what is the issue were freaking out over again/?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't even know what you're saying anymore...
Didn't seem like you knew what I was saying before either
Are you Canadian?
Yes I am. And because of that, I actually do know how long it has taken for my WD's on Carbon & for some others (friends).
If so, why on earth are you worried about cash out times on Merge?
I"m not worried. Why are you reading that into it?
Why would you even play on Merge?
To play on a site that is soft (full of bad US players) and has more traffic on it when some of the others I play on are not very busy (evenings). And because I'm able to consistently pull off small amounts of money while playing in a very small number of games, including a handful of those in leagues, etc. (did you know that 25nl on Carbon is softer than 5nl on iPoker?
People are consistently still getting withdrawals and no one said wait times have been or will be identical over time from a gray market site.

So what is the issue, that wait times are now longer; I still don't get it....the wait times are going to sometimes be longer and sometimes be shorter just as they've fluctuated in the past.
The issue is... that wait times in 2015 are significantly longer than they were EVER before (not just sometimes, .. here & there... black, grey, white... or something inbetween). EVER!
I really don't get the hubbub...and most long time players there don't either per the 2p2 thread. No, I don't think it's a great situation, and yes everyone should know wait times of up to 8-9 weeks can and have occurred on Merge.

I mean past that, what is the issue were freaking out over again/?

Who's freaking out?
I was just adding my input of 'facts' and felt a post of your's needed a correction.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FWIW, these are NOT the longest wait times for Merge. When BCP was still merge, after a large win, I was worried about whether or not I would ever get paid. I believe that was 2012, and the wait time when BCP left was well over 4 months.

At the beginning of 2012 there were near 40 different skins on the MERGE network. From the networks POV, it was a nightmare to get skin A to pay up what it owed to the network pool, so that it could collect those funds to pay someone from skin B who won a tourney.

So in that case the whole money movement thing looked like this;

-Player deposits at a skin, who tracks his balance
-Player enters a tourneyment, and the skin then owes that tourney game the entrance fee.
-Network runs the tourny
-Network divies out the winnings, to several skins
-Skins adjust the players balance,
-Skin would send out withdrawals.

There would be occasional meetings (seem to remember them being once a month) for 'reconciliation.' This would be where each skin would get right with the network.

As you can imagine, it was a nightmare. Some skins refused to own up.

Many skins folded, others left merge. BCP was the biggest to leave.

According to this; http://www.pokerscout.com/PokerSites.aspx
merge is down to 22 skins. I have no idea if they ever changed how they reconcile who owes whom, but if they still use that old system, then they are still having those same nightmares.

Then if you add in the necessity of finding ways to get funds to American players (because of UEGIA), well, let your imagination run amok.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's freaking out?
I was just adding my input of 'facts' and felt a post of your's needed a correction.

Jesus bro, you're Canadian and playing on Merge....you're doing it WAY WRONG.

GL with that.