GGPoker closed in Romania for not paying the license?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
So since yesterday GGPoker has revoked the access for Romanian players, stating that they are currently under maintenance. They have been running under the domain playgg.ro for the Romanian players, and they had a gambling license which is required to have in order to conduct any legal business in this country.

All the licenses are public and everyone can see them here: Romanian gambling license they used to have their license publicly listed but now they don't have one anymore according to the National Gambling Office

They do not respond to any messages that the players sent to costumer support and after some time they posted this on there reddit page.

I want to ask you players what would you do if this happened in your country....for me I have Black Friday feelings again.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I would not worry, since it is stated temporary maintenance. Yes, it could be also connected with reissuing of a Licence for Romania, but if they decided to exit the market, usually they would announce that enough time in prior.

GG poker never had a Licence for Bulgaria, but I did managed to play some time on that poker room. The reason why I get access to it is because GG bought one Asian poker site, where I was a member - and GG just acquire the Player's pool existed at BreakoutPoker. Played some months, won a big prize, and prior to withdrawing - made a verification to my account. Then I was informed that I can not play on GG poker as they do not have Licence for Bulgaria, and since I could not provide Identity document from another allowed country - they allowed me to withdraw my money and freeze my account. In this relation they were rather correct and prompt (y)

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Little update after a short reply from a GGPoker reddit moderator

Waiting for another reply :LOL:

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, you can´t cash-out in the meantime, even not knowing how long they will be off?That´s not cool.GGpoker has downgraded a little this year in my opinion, i don´t know exactly why, but the service they offered last year was better.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
New update on the GGPoker Romania situation. They posted the same speech that they posted on the reddit forum, but only in Romanian. Also they blocked the ability to comment on it.

At least is something. Let's hope that on 1st of December we will find something out. 🤞

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Does anyone knows what "scheduled maintenance for regulatory reasons" means?

BrotherPaps

BrotherPaps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Unless you are part of the development team working on the software, I think getting access to their technical details is quite unlikely.

This break though... I see it gives me the chance to notice that I appreciate their service and am looking forward to the come-back 🙂.

V

VladPyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Imagine that you withdrawal 5000$ funds,before the so called maintenance and they don't arrive in your bank account...at least not yet... What would you do?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Imagine that you withdrawal 5000$ funds,before the so called maintenance and they don't arrive in your bank account...at least not yet... What would you do?

I will wait until the site is back up....But also I would email costumer support, when it comes to details about your account (in my case) they knew what is happening. Your funds are safe in that regard, it's just inconvenient that you made that withdrawal just before they took it down. Also in my case when I withdraw some funds from them they where in my bank account in 1 day. (Not even 1 day, because I did the withdraw at night and by 1 PM the next day I had the money).

I really don't know why for so many people this takes a long time.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They closed down on purpose, because ONJN... The romanian gambling regulatory authority failed to renew the monthly license for some companies... So, some opted to self exclude until the 1st of the next month.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They closed down on purpose, because ONJN... The romanian gambling regulatory authority failed to renew the monthly license for some companies... So, some opted to self exclude until the 1st of the next month.

They had a license until 2031 they where not month to month. Which other platforms you know that they did this?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

Interesting. Thank you so much for this update. So this is a case of "Romanian Bureaucracy " this is a usual problem for Romania....F**** Politics. :rolleyes:

Basically what this document say is that even if you had a gambling license like GGPoker has in Romania for 10 years, they need also an authorization from the Romanian government and of course the "hard working " Romanian politicians didn't do their job, and in order for GGPoker to have a legal activity they have to wait until the 1st of next month to receive the new updated authorization. We should fire all this incompetents politicians....If I did this type of thing at my job I would not have one the next day.

See you next month GGPoker ;)

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Interesting. Thank you so much for this update. So this is a case of "Romanian Bureaucracy " this is a usual problem for Romania....F**** Politics. :rolleyes:

Basically what this document say is that even if you had a gambling license like GGPoker has in Romania for 10 years, they need also an authorization from the Romanian government and of course the "hard working " Romanian politicians didn't do their job, and in order for GGPoker to have a legal activity they have to wait until the 1st of next month to receive the new updated authorization. We should fire all this incompetents politicians....If I did this type of thing at my job I would not have one the next day.

See you next month GGPoker ;)
It is unacceptable that even if you pay for your license the authority cannot get things done in time... And, moreover, you are qualified to be fined if you continue your activity...

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is not long until the 1st of November, but I wonder if a commission will be appointed .The way things are going with us, it wouldn't be surprising if something intervened 🤔

D

DoruFish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
well.. let's say 1 December.But until then there should not be an official position.. we are in a civilized country, not in the jungle...

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I will wait until the site is back up....But also I would email costumer support, when it comes to details about your account (in my case) they knew what is happening. Your funds are safe in that regard, it's just inconvenient that you made that withdrawal just before they took it down. Also in my case when I withdraw some funds from them they where in my bank account in 1 day. (Not even 1 day, because I did the withdraw at night and by 1 PM the next day I had the money).

I really don't know why for so many people this takes a long time.
Probably bank transfer. Not every bank is cooperative or works fast that's why I decided to go for e-wallet instead (skrill) . Within seconds I have the withdrawal

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes GGPoker is up and running for Romanian players since 1st of December....so there was no maintenance just a mix-up with the Romanian government which meant that GGPoker did not get there authorization in time...as a consequence they took the App down for Romanian players...so no update/improvement on the client app.

So the essential maintenance was ":poop:"

2-png.347820

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm from Romania but I don't play on this poker site so it's not a loss for me.