Is this game/room beatable?

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight, I went to a poker room at Rockingham Park in NH. It was my second trip, but my first since I seriously started playing. I decided to do a few 10 man $40 sngs. I was somewhat surprised to find out we started with only 3000 chips, and 50/100 blinds to start (10 min levels), so 30 BB. The payouts are 1st/$170, 2nd/$90, and 3rd/$60. The play was wild. With such small stacks to start, people were all in on almost every hand. However, they also played way too many. In the first one, I won one hand with AK against 4 players with just ak high. This allowed me to make it to the money, where my top pair didn't hold up, giving me third. In the second one I played, I was completely card dead, and with the blinds so high, ended up all in with qjo against aq. I ended up down $20, but the question is this beatable in the long run. The rake is huge in NH, as they have to donate some proceeds to charity. It seems like a ton of luck with such small stacks to start. Any advice would be great thanks.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are Super-Turbos with 20% rake. Good for a laugh or 2 but I would be looking elsewhere for a serious game.

Top 10 Games