FT donk and goes

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My question is do you have to play the tourney if you win the whole thing? or can you just keep the cash?

No cash - you get entry into the Round 2 tournament (the equivalent cost is 100 frequent player points), and you can't unregister from it.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're not scheduled, but if you sit and watch the tournament lobby for a couple of minutes one will normally pop up. They're highlighted in yellow, from memory.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're not scheduled, but if you sit and watch the tournament lobby for a couple of minutes one will normally pop up. They're highlighted in yellow, from memory.

Under what type of tournament? Real or Play money? A little more information would be nice for those of us not in the loop.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I find them on the real money tournaments list - technically they're SnGs though, so for all I know they'll appear on the SnG list as well.

The game will stay on the list for as long as it takes to fill it up (normally they fill up in about 30-60 seconds) then it'll disappear. They've been appearing every couple of minutes the past few times I've been logged on. It's a little bit blink-and-you'll-miss-it I guess, but they're definitely there

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can see them on the SnG list. They appear in either the real $$ or play $$ filters. There are 2 types .Com and .Net. For the .Com ones, they are 180 player and 1 and 2 cash to round 2. >Net ones are 360 player and only 1 advances.

You can only see the .Com ones in the .Com client. You see the .Net ones in both clients

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker after dark donk and goes are running again....anybody interested??? LMAO

and anybody ever win any?? multiples??? screen shots!!!

see ya at the tables

I haven't won any, but the last time they ran I made the second round five times. Four of those were Tuesday nights, which didn't really work well for me because I work 10 hour days. So I'd be playing after a day of work when I had to get up early the next day to go to work again.

This round I've made the finial table in the first round once so far. Finished seventh because of a bad play on my part. :p

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What time do the offerings start and end?
I assume the real name is not "Donk and Go". What is the real name?
Are these freerolls?

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I find them on the real money tournaments list - technically they're SnGs though, so for all I know they'll appear on the SnG list as well.

The game will stay on the list for as long as it takes to fill it up (normally they fill up in about 30-60 seconds) then it'll disappear. They've been appearing every couple of minutes the past few times I've been logged on. It's a little bit blink-and-you'll-miss-it I guess, but they're definitely there

30-60 secs??

Try 5-10 seconds, you gotta be FAST!

A new set of the 360 and 180's appear every 5 minutes roughly.

A

AnAirplane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are so much fun if you're in the mood to play kamikaze poker. I entered a bunch even though I don't really have any desire to win just because tit's amusing when 7 players are all-in. It's kind of like walking through a mine field.

Surprisingly, I made it to fifth in one of the .COM games (though hugely short stacked). I didn't see any crazy all-in moves that game, but there must have been on other tables.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope i can win a seat for this next round, busted early last time round 2

Homey Jeromey

Homey Jeromey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hit final table 3 times but no wins as of yet

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30-60 secs??

Try 5-10 seconds, you gotta be FAST!

A new set of the 360 and 180's appear every 5 minutes roughly.

LOL - maybe. I'm playing on Australian time, it's probably 6:00 US time when I'm signing up, people might be a bit slower :D

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha ok that will do it then, prolly fills wayyy slower at that time

aussieeee!!!

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a way to register. Bring up the final in January, bring up the earliest round 2. The round 1s will show in its satellite window and you can register there (or try if you are fast enough).

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got this close. Couldn't get cards to close the deal.

Attachments

• donk1.JPG
    donk1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 51
Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a way to register. Bring up the final in January, bring up the earliest round 2. The round 1s will show in its satellite window and you can register there (or try if you are fast enough).

Fast is what you have to be to get in either the 180 .com (which is what I play) or the 360 .net.

FWIW: I took first in one this morning and will be in round 2 tonight. Wish me luck... :joyman:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've advanced 3 times, but forgot about one of them. That was way back when I had a clue.

The talent in round two is you! You have folks who figured out how to get exactly where you are, by very similar means. To get through 180, or 360 people one has to have a little more than luck. Maybe not much more, and thus I never made it to round 3. BTW, I do not consider myself blessed with card luck. My luck has shown itself in different ways, like, I survived the 60's.

ItsMrZombieToU

ItsMrZombieToU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried a few of the donk and goes, generally when I'm to bored to bother with anything else. I work third shift so their hitting pretty hard when I first get home from work as a rule so I'll jump in them while I'm unwinding before i crash out for the day. Think best I've finished in 1 so far is 10th but it wouldn't matter if I did win cause I wouldn't be able to play either. Rd 2's start as I'm leaving for work.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You REALLY can't play a good game. I saw a 93 take down a 4 or 5 all-in PF pot when he drew out a full house. I had two pair go to a suckout gutshot straight on the river. The good thing is, there is another one in a few minutes. :icon_porc

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You REALLY can't play a good game. I saw a 93 take down a 4 or 5 all-in PF pot when he drew out a full house. I had two pair go to a suckout gutshot straight on the river. The good thing is, there is another one in a few minutes. :icon_porc

Well, I finished early in round 2. Went all in with pocket Aces and everyone folded. Four hands later I went all in with pocket Queens and was called by pocket Tens. First card on the flop was a 10, and thus I'm out. <whine> :p

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these tournaments are DONK fests, honestly

ItsMrZombieToU

ItsMrZombieToU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried a small batch of donk n goes at once. 20th in a .com pad dng. 15th in a .net aussie dng. which stung a lil when i went out. flopped broadway and got sucked out by runner runner clubs for flush. 21st in a .net pad dng. got so donked out i just couldnt take anymore

strongbower

strongbower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Il win one :D just to post a SS give me a couple of hours. cant be that hard :p

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried a small batch of donk n goes at once. 20th in a .com pad dng. 15th in a .net aussie dng. which stung a lil when i went out. flopped broadway and got sucked out by runner runner clubs for flush. 21st in a .net pad dng. got so donked out i just couldnt take anymore

At the very least I find that they're good practice. It forces me to wait for good hands to counter the all-in donks who get lucky. Otherwise I'd get complacent and start playing very marginal hands -- and "donking" my chips away. :p