FT donk and goes

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You REALLY can't play a good game. I saw a 93 take down a 4 or 5 all-in PF pot when he drew out a full house. I had two pair go to a suckout gutshot straight on the river. The good thing is, there is another one in a few minutes. :icon_porc

I wouldn't say you can't play a good game - but you definitely need to check your clever moves and bluffs at the door. For the most part, it's just about waiting for a good hand, then working out how to extract the maximum value from it.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With only one or two progressing to stage 2, you need to get lucky with a bunch of all-ins to get a reasonable chip stack. In stage 2, with 9 out of 1000 or so progressing to the final, it should be more like a FT freeroll, which is still somewhat of a donkfest. However, did anybody look at the "Final" prize? ONE!!! winner progresses for a chance at $120K. So, if you enter a .com, you are playing for 2/180*9/1000*1/600 or 1 chance in 600,000 of winning a chance at $120K. That means every entry into a .com is worth the same as a 20 cent entry into a 600,000 seat MTT. A .net entry is worth 5 cents. I think I'll go play the lottery instead.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forgot that the 600,000 MTT doesn't WIN $120K, just the chance to win $120K. If the buy-in to Poker After Dark is as much as $1200, then each donk-and-go entry is worth 0.2 cents or 0.05 cents.

Last edited:
C

ccntt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are under real money click the buy in button till the point buyins are at the top and the will pop up in the spot right after the biggest fpp buyin which is 10k at the moment

C

ccntt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sry missed the second page when i posted ^^^^^ message

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What time do the offerings start and end?
I assume the real name is not "Donk and Go". What is the real name?
Are these freerolls?
They are called After dark poker and Aussie giveaways, you can locate them on both play and real money screens. They run every 9mins takes sec's to full and prepared for anything.
21813eaglelite.jpg

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My luck has shown itself in different ways, like, I survived the 60's.

I have survived only half of the 60's so far, but I think I will make it all the way. Oh.... I bet you meant the 1960s. :icon_porc

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got to the final table with the biggest stack today and realized I can't play round 2! I will be at a family gathering. Poop. I'd rather be playing poker!

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you remember the '60's...you weren't REALLY there!:D

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are called After dark poker and Aussie giveaways, you can locate them on both play and real money screens. They run every 9mins takes sec's to full and prepared for anything.
21813eaglelite.jpg

A minor correction. They're running every FIVE minutes, give or take a little to accommodate the setup and start. So if you see one listed as running 2 minutes you have about two minutes to wait for the next one of that vein (i.e. 180, 360, etc.) to pop up again.

I have my settings on FullTilt setup so that I find them most easily under play money/sit-n-goes. Depending on how you have things setup they may or may not show at the top of the list. (I have mine setup so the sit-n-goes are listed by entry fee - smallest to largest - thus the freerolls always appear at the top).

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the best way to find them is to bring up the final and bring up it's soonest satelite, which is round 2. You can then close the final. I leave the round 2 up and the satelites will show each round 1. The satelite screen will be blank until a round 1 is registering, then it shows for the few seconds it takes to fill. Since surviving more than a few rounds is problematic, I try to be playing up to three at a time with the round 2 screen showing so I can register for the next.

M

mikep86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah its definetly poker after donk, sometimes i get pulled into an allin in the beginning but i really try to run a straight game(sort of,my version), but all-in-all they can be a lot of fun and get your heart pumpin (sometimes adrenaline) and where else are you gonna go to get a shot a being on T.V.------ best of luck ---------mparker68 on FT----

M

mikep86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got into one for mon.eve. I guess perserverance pays off after all. Hope to see as many of you there as can get in. and good luck
I was in the first one this year but i had a prior commitment and was hoping to make it back for some of it, left my computer on and signed in to F-T. When I got back I had 200 chips and seen 4-5 worthless hands as the blinds were 100/200.
Doubt that will help anyone out but anyway, keep playing & try to have fun.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been deep into both PAD and Aussie donkfests, but haven't placed in round 2 yet. Most often I get donked off by an all-in when I'm with about 15 or 20 left in the tournament.

Lets see, yesterday I lost to a 3 2 os, 4 7 os, and a pair of 3's. I had all three hands covered well before the river.

It makes a great alternative to playing solitare, however.

I never did find out who won the 1st round of POD. Did they ever show up in Vegas to play? Hell, I'd show up, grab the $20K entry fee and run.

Greyland

Greyland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been deep into both PAD and Aussie donkfests, but haven't placed in round 2 yet. Most often I get donked off by an all-in when I'm with about 15 or 20 left in the tournament.

Lets see, yesterday I lost to a 3 2 os, 4 7 os, and a pair of 3's. I had all three hands covered well before the river.

It makes a great alternative to playing solitare, however.

I never did find out who won the 1st round of POD. Did they ever show up in Vegas to play? Hell, I'd show up, grab the $20K entry fee and run.

I'm in round 2 of the Aussie Millions this Saturday on FullTilt. I'll let everyone know how I do/did when its over. (I don't expect to do that well...) :p