Do you recommend using more than one poker site?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Dear reader,

I hope the title is quite descriptive and phrases the question properly.

A bit of background:
I'm mostly a hobby player for several years now and have always been using pokerstars.
I plan on improving my game with the training materials on here and want to become a more serious and hopefully successful poker player.

I wonder if you recommend using more than one site for series play or if one is sufficient? I have read about so many different poker sites on here and wonder what's the best approach.

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Cheers!

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I played almost all the rooms I liked poker stars and poker more so far I don’t play badly in the future I want to move to a higher level I watch the games of famous players I study poker mathematics:)

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked playing on multiple sites for different promotions, player pools and overall feel. Especially if your luck is bad on one site you can log into another one and see how it goes. Good luck!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked playing on multiple sites for different promotions, player pools and overall feel. Especially if your luck is bad on one site you can log into another one and see how it goes. Good luck!
I can only confirm what cashman is saying here. There is next to no downside in using multiple sites. Especially if you play tournaments you want to have as many options possible and if you play freerolls its easy to build a small roll almost everywhere. You can then transfer the money back and forth between the sites through an ewallet.

M

melbru88888

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i m just playing in 1 site so i can fukus my self more

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it makes no difference, to be honest, when you've already familiarized yourself with one site. But most humans are curious creatures so I'm quite sure that my words won't make a difference either, ha ha!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Various poker sites host poker series of tournaments. I think this should be used!!!

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I'd use more than one if I could, so I could take advantage of free rolls and big tournaments

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There’s really only two for serious players from non-banned countries - Pokerstars and GGPoker. I’m not trying to become a pro so for me one (Pokerstars) is plenty.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've only played on pokerstars and I'm such a creature of habit that once I get to know one platform I will probably end up sticking with it unless something drives me towards something new to try. I'm happy with pokerstars so far.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many cool poker rooms out there that it would be against logic to concentrate on just one.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Playing on several different sites would be even better if there could be multiple ones who offer cardchat games on regular basis. Sadly rooms doing that ^ has decreased drastically over the past few years which is quite shame ...

Vrotebal

Vrotebal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important not quantity but quality, to play the number of tables that allows you to comfortably monitor and analyze the actions of your opponents and, of course, at the end of the session, analyze your hands Theory and theory again in the first place and not look at other players and try to repeat their game

A

Ansley25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play on 888poker because there is more freeroll... But if you want to progress, play multi-table

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm currently playing in three rooms, due to tournament schedules.(y)

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play as many as you feel comfortable playing...

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend not to play only on one site, there may be a failure streak that will last a week or a month and then you will continue the game on another site

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And of course it's good to use more sites. For example Cardschat collaborates with several different poker platforms. So by making an account of each of them you simply have a better chance at freerolls. I think every day there is a Cardschat freeroll, and I am very happy to play one tournament each day, especially with 10 min blind, which is gold from my point of view. It doesn't even matter what the prizes are as long as you can play a tournament every day with the blind growing harder.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Correct me if I am wrong but in germany do you have a cap of 4 tables at the same time for MTTs on Pokerstars? If this is correct it's ridiculous IMO.

Personally I play in 4 sites but the main volume is only on 1. In some of them I play regularly 1 or 2 because I love having volume whenever I play. Plus you will be more more versatile in your schedule , so for me is a big yes!

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play on several sites, and cards chats frerolls are on several different sites, so we dont have a choice do we ....

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes I recommend it, also all the sites have their poker series and that is where I play the satellites because they usually give many seats to qualify

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No I don't. I played on many sites, but now i play only by one. I think if you will play seriously than play by one or two sites. No matter how much tournaments you play, but HOW you play is important.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When compiling and planning bundles of poker rooms, you should pay special attention to the additional software you use. The fact is that different poker rooms and networks may have their own ideas about acceptable software, which often differ dramatically. So, for example, if table scanners, such as TableScan Turbo, are prohibited in one of the poker rooms where you plan to play and MagicSeat, then you will not be able to use them in other rooms, because otherwise there will be a very obvious risk of getting an account ban and then it will not be easy for you to prove that you did not try to break the rules of this poker room. Such a ban often applies to hand converters, so multi-rooming at the same time in TigerGaming and Pokerdom is clearly not the best idea.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing on two sites is fine. But don't play on too many sites because you need to complete their missions to get the rakeback.