Disgraceful poker talk from - TONY G

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does like to trash talk. It'll probably drive me crazy being on the same table as him. You have to admit, he's got a good strategy provoking with his mouth. Still, I believe he's a nice person. Pledging half of his winnings to charity, this guy's cool. It's just a game that he plays and plays pretty well with that mouth of his.

Sorry I disagree.

He has a great strategy yes but then once the guy has been knocked out strategy doesnt come into it....

As for pledging half his winnings to charity.. if you had millions in your bank account and wanted to do a publicity stunt to make you a very popular player.. what would you do?

Not saying he's done it to be evil lol, he prob has done it kindly but also to help his image.

What would be REALLY amazing is if he did it without promoting it. The ONLY difference is the lack of publicity right?

Barry Greenstein on the other hand is an absolute legend for his givings! From the start he's announced the maount of winnings he gives to charities. This way if he wins the wsop 3 years in a row, the main topic is him winning, not him giving to charity as the charities get it anyway!

Hope you see what I'm saying. If Jade won big brother after the racism thing then gave the winnings to charity etc.....

:p

Sorry, I really am anti-aggression AFTER the person is out. It is pure bullying. (NOT Bullying at the table either!)

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt Tony G has millions in his bank account... his all time winnings in tournament play are about $2 million (see here), but when you're paying $5,000 a shot in entry fees, his profits will be a lot less than that.

His yelling at Ralph Perry was just for the cameras, but can still be part of his strategy if in future games if it gets publicity and makes future opponents fear him. Remember poker is one long game that lasts your whole life!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G. was on Poker in the Dark a couple weeks ago. Surprisingly he sat there alsmost silent most of the time, playing extremely tight. Didn't say anything disturbing per se. Maybe he only shoots off his mouth to amateurs he'll know will tilt.

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G. was on Poker in the Dark a couple weeks ago. Surprisingly he sat there alsmost silent most of the time, playing extremely tight. Didn't say anything disturbing per se. Maybe he only shoots off his mouth to amateurs he'll know will tilt.

That shows me he's just an idiotic bully though!

Against someone weak he'll go mad and be mean. Against someone who can manipulate him he'll sit quiet.

If he knocked someone out in poker after dark he wouldnt go mad with them then even though they're out.. why? Because he knows he'll lose all respect

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he knocked someone out in poker after dark he wouldnt go mad with them then even though they're out.. why? Because he knows he'll lose all respect
Rather, I think it's because he does have respect for them.