Disgraceful poker talk from - TONY G

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Xife - I'm still confused to if you watched the whole thing.. the after talk when the player is already out is nothing to do with poker? So no it wouldnt make me do anything if I'm alright! morally wrong yes, but its a lot worse than that.. heck you could get arrested for saying some of those things in the UK!!!!!
Yes I watched the whole video.. AND it made you and i'm sure many others pretty upset... If you, or any others had met him the next day at a poker table, I'm almost positive he could get under your skin (Because of what you just saw) and could make you, and many others, play differently then you normally would. Don't forget the tourniment wasnt over after that guy got out, There was still some other people left at the table.

As for getting arrested for saying such things ? That's pretty insane.. Those are some really tight laws in the UK.. I've heard worse things at a female high school match of soccer.

All I was trying to say was that your play, and many others play.. will be effected by his remarks.. BTW this is freaken funny YouTube - Mangalors Vs Ralph Perry

Last edited:
B

bornsupreme

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He looks like the son on that tv show that charlie sheen plays on "men something?" anyway the son on that show and him are idenical

T

truushot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played with Tony on his site and managed to bust him for a nice 100 bounty. I don't find his talk great sportsmanship but we don't know what was going on prior to this. I actually remember watching this tournament and don't remember Perry ever getting out of line but they don't show you every hand. Tony's talked the guy into making a bad call. It isn't nice but it is legal.

Vasity

Vasity

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony has a style . So does "The Mouth" Get over it poker isn't there to sit down and play nice it's about getting all your chips. So If I gotta be a little rude...To make you tilty of course I do that myself when super high stacked at the end of a tournament not only is it fun people will call you less then good hands and you can squash them. It's how I took 1st place in a tourney I kept trash talking bluffing and flipping my cards * I was onUB * then Would go all in on Rockets and get callled...ah i love that.

cascat

cascat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's one true asshole... I would never go near his poker room. I really hope he's acting like that to the wrong person sometime.

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the purpose of tilting a guy you just eliminated? He's an ass, end of story.

We've already been through this... but anyways..

Other players opinions of him that were still in the tourniment, Future tourniments, sponsorships...

There is no question he is an ass at the table... How he is off the table, no idea.

Last edited:
pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because i can only get dial up i have been trying to watch this so far it has been 35 minutes and still have not seen all of it:pcguru: :banghead: :bawling:

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How come you can get a time out period of 10-30 minutes for swearing at the table but he can do racial slurs after someone is out of the tournament and get away with it? I think after some of the things he said to that guy he should be forced to sit out for awhile.

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he should be forced to sit out for awhile.

Agreed

In the world series your not allowed to swear :)

Yet in this you can be racist to people youve knocked out? LOL Stupid!

Tony G can take him and his 6 year old bullying mentality and grow up tbh! It'll never work against decent players! They'll all just think he's an ass!

Would you ever see negraenu doing it? Even matusow? Don't forget i'm talking about talk after you've knocekd them out!

When I've seen matusow insult players, if they've been knocked out he's shaken their hand and been gentlemenly! That's good poker imo. I have nothing against Matusow. Think he has a great unique style. Tony G on the other hand is trying to be an enemy, and just looking like astupid little kid. The russian that called, he had a good chance of outdrawing Tony G then.. what an idiot he would have looked like!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My all time most-hated poker player, though I think he's one of the best, is Phil Hellmuth.

This one literally made me want just knock him out. I mean what a little bitch! He's acting like he's bloody 12 years old:
(it goes ON and ON and ON...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kHkdjmssus

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That Hellmuth video is hilarious. He is the biggest poker baby I have ever seen. For someone who knows the game so well and has been a pro for so long, he should know that things happen.

The funniest part about it is that he says if things don't change he won't be playing in the event anymore. Then, on you tube next to that video, you see Hellmuth blows up on poker after dark II, then Hellmuth blows up on poker after dark III. Freakin Hilarious. I guess he didn't take his own advice.

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyones been watching Poker after dark its hilarious how bad hellmuth is. Makes himself look stupid!

Poker After Dark i believe is available in the UK through the internet....

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does any one know when it is on in the staes and what network?

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow just saw something great:

Poker After Dark episode 3.

Sheikhey versus Hellmuth. For those who were watching know how much these 2 were ranting at each other! Hellmuth even walked out.

I won't spoil it but there was some absolutely fantastic etiquette involved at the END of the episode. During it and at the beginning there was swearing, "shut the f**k up" and slamming the table etc.. but then there was fantastic sportsmanship at the end.

COMPLETELY opposite from Tony G. You can set people up without having to have bad etiquette at the end. Thats the point I was making before to Xife.

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
COMPLETELY opposite from Tony G. You can set people up without having to have bad etiquette at the end. Thats the point I was making before to Xife.

Yeah and I totally agree with that, I was just stating a few reasons why Tony G might act like he does.

And btw I love poker after dark, only seen one with matusow, helmuth and some other people.. but I can't seem to find it on again :(

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aww I ain't seen the mouth in it yet. Only on episode 3 :D

You can watch it legally and free in America through nbc.com/poker or something... :)

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G. is an excellent loser, however poor a winner he is. Sort of the anti-Hellmuth (a good winner, poor loser).

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehe, I love that Tony G video, I must have watched it 6 or 7 times. He's just a great entertainer.

"Come on Russians, get out!"

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read a interview

I read a interview in bluff or some magazine it was like bluff, or poker pro those are the two I usually get. He is not like that away from the table and he says he is a entertainer, he says he likes to have fun. I don't hate the guy, he does the stuff for a reason. One of my favorite players is Mike Matasow, of course I dont think he is as bad as Tony G. and Mike M. actually says he only like to make fun of people he knows like his buddie Daniel Negranu (sorry think I spelled your name wrong Daniel).

yea I think Tony G. might of went a little to far but no I don't think he did it on purpose, I think he was doing his normal thing and just got carried away.

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does like to trash talk. It'll probably drive me crazy being on the same table as him. You have to admit, he's got a good strategy provoking with his mouth. Still, I believe he's a nice person. Pledging half of his winnings to charity, this guy's cool. It's just a game that he plays and plays pretty well with that mouth of his.

Last edited:
C

cerealkiller050

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I have seen Tony G. was at the British poker championship (where they were betting with bricks of silver and stuff, hahahahaha weird.)

He was heads up with Surrinder Sunar for the championship, and he put on the most asshole display in recent memory. It was unbelievable, he was in his face telling him that he should just quit now and go back to 'yer silly little home'. Has anyone seen this one before? It was a WPT event in 2004 or 2005 i think.