Defense Of PokerStars Very important Read All Conspirators

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'll tell one thing: i disagree when people try to find the absolute truth in all matters trying to find that some things are black and other are white. In my experience i have learned that nothing is 100% good or bad.
Regarding poker rooms, i play at several poker rooms, i've had a good experience in general (only intertops stopped paying to me). Yes, maybe some rooms are better but every rooms has their advantages and disadvantages and i try to get benefit from that.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll tell one thing: i disagree when people try to find the absolute truth in all matters trying to find that some things are black and other are white. In my experience i have learned that nothing is 100% good or bad.
Regarding poker rooms, i play at several poker rooms, i've had a good experience in general (only Intertops stopped paying to me). Yes, maybe some rooms are better but every rooms has their advantages and disadvantages and i try to get benefit from that.
888 is definitely second place. So I half agree with you. 888 has equally smooth multi-tabling software (but cap of 5 tables at once) and reasonable caps (their rates are higher but their caps are only slightly higher than PS's.

BUT Ps has for linux and mac as well... 888 is windows only.

PS is literally so far ahead of the others for me it's an unfair race (I know most sites say Ps is #2 and 88 is #1 but they are paid by 888 to say that, no seriously it actually pays them to do that. The link you click will go to 888 and sign up using their referral code... Yeah... Exactly.

For me is this:
1) PS
2) 888
3) unibet poker
4) Sky poker
5) william hill poker
6) party poker
7) others

I can explain why I have this order but I don't feel like going into detail.

PP deceives you to think you are profiting. You have to play 20 hours a day at 10NL+ (not below 10NL) on average for its rakeback system to ever properly reward you and still you will be giving a lot in rake overall due to its high caps.

It has the same rake rate and cap from 25NL to 400NL. If you think I am lying read their own website.

Not to mention, anonymous cash games are so detrimental for grinders.

pokerstars spots bots from their betting patterns and plays (if they rigidly attack only weaker players and seat very specifically before someone of the weakest stat at a cash table, they begin to read how much time it take you to click and if you are constantly taking the same amount of time to take actions it begins to suspect you of being a bot (it also tracks mouse movements so if it's instantly moved to the button there's that too).

Instead of doing this to battle bot users, partypoker decided to hamper all genuine HUD users.

Pokerstars even helped Jivaro (a PS-specific HUD) to develop that is designed only to help in the game and never to help you seat etc.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol this is funny af

We hear you dude. You LOOOOVE pokerstars.

This isn't about posting & respecting anyone else's opinions. You don't give a shit about those. All your threads.

This is about how bad you want to tell that you love them so much & they love you back for some whatever reason.
I'm sure Negraneu is eagerly waiting for you to move up from your play money grinding to offer you a sponsorship with PS.

End of story.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
lol this is funny af

We hear you dude. You LOOOOVE pokerstars.

This isn't about posting & respecting anyone else's opinions. You don't give a shit about those. All your threads.

This is about how bad you want to tell that you love them so much & they love you back for some whatever reason.
I'm sure Negraneu is eagerly waiting for you to move up from your play money grinding to offer you a sponsorship with PS.

End of story.
He isnt, because he isn't the hunter of talent he is the main talent...

E

emeraldsrus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like most of the poker sites, and is funny to see complaints. while on poker stars a bad beat happens "only here on joker stars" and they say the same on the other sites. bad beats happen and sometimes a lot. is part of the game.
gl :)

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the PS system is better than national banking system .. Their safety is absurd, it does not make sense for everything to lose.

fabiofff

fabiofff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am part of the two select groups. Conspiracy lovers and poker.
:icon_boun:star:

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I may ask objectively. Can someone, other than RM, explain why they find this post really useful? It's really interesting to find out why.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If I may ask objectively. Can someone, other than RM, explain why they find this post really useful? It's really interesting to find out why.
WE like to stick up for our favorite site... I even have ordered a squishy pokerstars stress toy for me with my own rewards from cash gaming....

Oh yaaaaaa

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standing up for PS is one thing but falsifying a number of facts is something entirely different.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars fanboy :)

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you don’t understand how they found it useful or interesting then maybe read it all again.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you like party poker

RM, do you have to jump in with assumptions? This is directed at other folks.

The less you interject the better, because it only emphasizes your ignorance.

PS is my favourite. It was prohibited for play for residents of the UAE from SEP 2014. I moved my volume to PP. Now I'm back playing mostly on PS after moving to LK.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
RM, do you have to jump in with assumptions? This is directed at other folks.

The less you interject the better, because it only emphasizes your ignorance.

PS is my favourite. It was prohibited for play for residents of the UAE from SEP 2014. I moved my volume to PP. Now I'm back playing mostly on PS after moving to LK.
uAE bans all forms of gambling how can you use pp there?

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uAE bans all forms of gambling how can you use pp there?

You can use a VPN to download it, register and play. There are even a few private live games happening there from time to time among friends. Just checked. Happened OCT 2014. 30 countries affected by this change, including the UAE. Source.

Check the Mideast freerolls on 888 and you'll see a few players from the UAE playing there.

Play the PP freeroll this week. Check my profile. It still reads country of residence = UAE. Tried changing it to LK but it was a huge hassle, while PS support was top notch in verifying and changing it within 48 hours of receiving the same docs sent.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You can use a VPN to download it, register and play. There are even a few private live games happening there from time to time among friends. Just checked. Happened OCT 2014. 30 countries affected by this change, including the UAE. Source.

Check the Mideast freerolls on 888 and you'll see a few players from the UAE playing there.

Play the PP freeroll this week. Check my profile. It still reads country of residence = UAE. Tried changing it to LK but it was a huge hassle, while PS support was top notch in verifying and changing it within 48 hours of receiving the same docs sent.
PS everything top notch :)

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. They are the best overall but they've stopped innovating in the poker front. Since Amaya took over there has been a steady decline.The Stars group is busy diversifying their business model into online gambling. For FY 2016 while overall revenue grew, income from online poker has dropped. Source.

And other operators are capitalizing on these lapses. The first was 888 capitalizing on the loyalty program changes @ Stars back in 2015. Now after Mike Sexton becoming the chairman for PP they have only increased rakeback for PP and have now launched bigger Gtd prize money (ref Collette's latest post in the PP support thread). I recently read a post stating how PS lobbied against online poker in a state citing their 5 year absence but can't find the source. If this is really the case they aren't helping matters.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. They are the best overall but they've stopped innovating in the poker front. Since Amaya took over there has been a steady decline.The Stars group is busy diversifying their business model into online gambling. For FY 2016 while overall revenue grew, income from online poker has dropped. Source.

And other operators are capitalizing on these lapses. The first was 888 capitalizing on the loyalty program changes @ Stars back in 2015. Now after Mike Sexton becoming the chairman for PP they have only increased rakeback for PP and have now launched bigger Gtd prize money (ref Collette's latest post in the PP support thread). I recently read a post stating how PS lobbied against online poker in a state citing their 5 year absence but can't find the source. If this is really the case they aren't helping matters.
Why do you need to innovate when you already are the best?

Do you think that Ferrari tries to invent new models? It simply touches up the already best-selling ones.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know very little about the auto industry, so you're going to have to elaborate that with examples to get the point through. Even with minimal knowledge about the auto industry I know that you have to be a great innovator if you're going to be a forerunner in the F1 (multiple constructor titles) and Supercar markets. An example is the paddleshift, the road car version of which was introduced in a Ferrari in 1993.

Just some failed examples of innovation from once industry leaders:

1. The failure of the big 3 and the pervasion of Japanese cars in US auto industry. Source.
  2. Kodak's failure to capitalize on it's invention of the digital camera in 1975. Source.
  3. The decline of various gaming console makers leading up (Atari, Commodore, Sega, Nintendo) to Sony and Microsoft.
  4. The failure of Nokia and Blackberry (RIM) to recognize and capitalize on the demands of the then upstart smart phone market.
  5. The steady decline and erosion of marketshare of the Japanese tech giants of the 70s-90s. Interesting examination in vid below.
Back to PS. All the good things you see in PS today were implemented pre Amaya. Post Amaya though the Stars Group has not only stagnated (no innovation) but have regressed. It's poor communication and misleading of it's most loyal player base (NOV 2015 comms for VIP changes effective in 2016) is considered hara-kiri in other industries.

Customer loyalty is valued very highly in industries like retail, aviation and retail banking. That is because customer acquisition costs are generally high and loyal customers are willing to pay premium prices for premium products because of they aren't as price sensitive as your regular walk-ins (pretty much the recreational players PS are targeting atm).

Your regulars are those that:

1. Don't incur much in the way of overheads
    • you don't need to spend as much on marketing your product as you would on new customers.
    • the associated hardware/bandwidth costs for hosting tables that generate the highest rake should amount to the same that generate the lowest rakes.
  2. That use your product for long stretches of time/day regularly and will guarantee repeat business
  3. Being power users, consistently provide feedback and improvements to your product that are ultimately enjoyed by your recs as well.
Loyalty programs generally do their best to keep the creme de la creme as happy as possible, because their revenue streams were just that significant. In the airline I worked for, the top tier members had direct access to the CEO of the group. That's how highly regarded they were.

The Rational Group group, before acquisition, worked and delivered a still industry leading platform, a high profile stable of players from accross the world as brand ambassadors and an unquestionably loyal worldwide fanbase. They are unraveling all that good work at present.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I know very little about the auto industry, so you're going to have to elaborate that with examples to get the point through. Even with minimal knowledge about the auto industry I know that you have to be a great innovator if you're going to be a forerunner in the F1 (multiple constructor titles) and Supercar markets. An example is the paddleshift, the road car version of which was introduced in a Ferrari in 1993.

Just some failed examples of innovation from once industry leaders:

1. The failure of the big 3 and the pervasion of Japanese cars in US auto industry. Source.
  2. Kodak's failure to capitalize on it's invention of the digital camera in 1975. Source.
  3. The decline of various gaming console makers leading up (Atari, Commodore, Sega, Nintendo) to Sony and Microsoft.
  4. The failure of Nokia and Blackberry (RIM) to recognize and capitalize on the demands of the then upstart smart phone market.
  5. The steady decline and erosion of marketshare of the Japanese tech giants of the 70s-90s. Interesting examination in vid below. Why does JAPAN need IMMIGRANTS? - VisualPolitik EN - YouTube
Back to PS. All the good things you see in PS today were implemented pre Amaya. Post Amaya though the Stars Group has not only stagnated (no innovation) but have regressed. It's poor communication and misleading of it's most loyal player base (NOV 2015 comms for VIP changes effective in 2016) is considered hara-kiri in other industries.

Customer loyalty is valued very highly in industries like retail, aviation and retail banking. That is because customer acquisition costs are generally high and loyal customers are willing to pay premium prices for premium products because of they aren't as price sensitive as your regular walk-ins (pretty much the recreational players PS are targeting atm).

Your regulars are those that:

1. Don't incur much in the way of overheads
    • you don't need to spend as much on marketing your product as you would on new customers.
    • the associated hardware/bandwidth costs for hosting tables that generate the highest rake should amount to the same that generate the lowest rakes.
  2. That use your product for long stretches of time/day regularly and will guarantee repeat business
  3. Being power users, consistently provide feedback and improvements to your product that are ultimately enjoyed by your recs as well.
Loyalty programs generally do their best to keep the creme de la creme as happy as possible, because their revenue streams were just that significant. In the airline I worked for, the top tier members had direct access to the CEO of the group. That's how highly regarded they were.

The Rational Group group, before acquisition, worked and delivered a still industry leading platform, a high profile stable of players from accross the world as brand ambassadors and an unquestionably loyal worldwide fanbase. They are unraveling all that good work at present.
Site that takes the least from you via rake OWES the least back. Skilled players will profit more in PS than other sites but in other sites less skilled players get more money BACK just for amount of rake produced... LOL!!!!

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Site that takes the least from you via rake OWES the least back. Skilled players will profit more in PS than other sites but in other sites less skilled players get more money BACK just for amount of rake produced... LOL!!!!

It's simple.

1. Post the rakes of PS, PP and 888.
  2. Post the rakebacks from the same operators
  3. Prove mathematically that PS provide the best value for money
That's how a well researched article will look like. You do due diligence on PS and all it's competitors. For e.g.

PS is the only hardware based RNG claim. Who made it? What were your sources? How certain are you that others don't have the same technology?

"iTech Labs has also verified the RNG source code to ensure that the RNG internal state is secure and the seeding is from an entropy source.". Source. This alludes to a hardware based RNG model as well.

An overwhelming number of articles, research and forum posts (not just from CC) prove that if a successful player x profits y amount from PS then they stand to profit more (y + z) from the likes of PP. If they get more value from competitors they will gradually move to their competitors because it's their livelihood. Brand loyalty alone, especially, in the face of their bumbling miscommunication and track record of reneging on promises to players, is not enough justification to remain with PS.

Dissect and disprove RM. If you're going to educate us then do it diligently.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simple.

1. Post the rakes of PS, PP and 888.
  2. Post the rakebacks from the same operators
  3. Prove mathematically that PS provide the best value for money
That's how a well researched article will look like. You do due diligence on PS and all it's competitors. For e.g.

PS is the only hardware based RNG claim. Who made it? What were your sources? How certain are you that others don't have the same technology?

"iTech Labs has also verified the RNG source code to ensure that the RNG internal state is secure and the seeding is from an entropy source.". Source. This alludes to a hardware based RNG model as well.

An overwhelming number of articles, research and forum posts (not just from CC) prove that if a successful player x profits y amount from PS then they stand to profit more (y + z) from the likes of PS. If they get more value from competitors they will gradually move to their competitors because it's their livelihood. Brand loyalty alone, especially, in the face of their bumbling miscommunication and track record of reneging on promises to players, is not enough justification to remain with PS.

Dissect and disprove RM. If you're going to educate us then do it diligently.
Starscoins can be converted to account cash at rate of 100 starscoins to the dollar. Not to mention free physical things like webcam at much less than market value PS4 and Xbox one too (but those are at market value but you can't take out money by in account until you wager it at tables so starscoins directly letting you buy it is less risk)

PokerStars Reviews: Français, Nederlands, Deutsch, Dansk, Italiano, Español, Polski, Norsk, Português, Svenska - PokerStars Mobile - Deutsch Mobile - PS Casino