Customer Service - Good and Bad Experiences

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that it is in india is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. I have no doubt that any nationality can perform adequate CS, but when a company chooses India, they show that cost is the most important factor to them when it comes to CS. And this is further accentuated when you realize that all the answers you're getting are standard forms, where all they've changed is your name.

What makes Stars CS great? I've always gotten the impression that I'm dealing with people who know something about poker. There was a thread awhile back on a reply that someone had gotten when they reported a possible collusion situation (two players collaborating), and it was very impressive. As has all my communication with them been.

Scouse

Scouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY DEMANDS

F Paulsson said:
The fact that it is in India is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. I have no doubt that any nationality can perform adequate CS, but when a company chooses India, they show that cost is the most important factor to them when it comes to CS. And this is further accentuated when you realize that all the answers you're getting are standard forms, where all they've changed is your name.

What makes Stars CS great? I've always gotten the impression that I'm dealing with people who know something about poker. There was a thread awhile back on a reply that someone had gotten when they reported a possible collusion situation (two players collaborating), and it was very impressive. As has all my communication with them been.
Garibaldi Red has made some good thought provoking comments though - I know there are people who will frown whenever they are put through to a CS team in India, but what the reasons are for this will probably vary from player to player.

Ideally, as F Paulson points out, we won't care where our poker site's CS team is based, as long as they can actually support us, and not be another hurdle of bureaucracy before, many emails later, getting some mediocre result. A good point raised is the image any company is portraying when it slams it's cutomer service far away from itself, in a country where it is cheaper - does this make the company look cheap? I say it does IF they are choosing value over quality.

Maybe there is also another issue with accountability, deeper in our subconscious, based on the idea that although we would never dream of turning up at the offices of a customer service team based someone where in our country, we are much less likely to make the trek half way round the world to India to try and get things sorted. :p

My deamnds are:

Quick email support – often indicated by having specific email addresses for me to email to. I now know that PokerRoom.com has many different emails (of categories of issue and further sub-categories), only for all their emails to end up in the same queue. Doesn’t that defeat the point?

I want my support – I which is increasingly email based – to be personalised, I have a good rapport with the organisers at my local poker game – why do I get treated like a fool when I spend more money online – I make the site money – and all I am worth to them is a template email answer?

I want easy fast cashouts – I don’t want to be itching, staring at my bank balance waiting to see if it has finally arrived yet – (it always seems to leave my bank account quick enough).

I want excellent phone support, so if something messes up, I can get in touch now. However, phone support with a monkey only trained to hinder me is not what I need. I do not believe we should tolerate phone support that consists of much “Umm-ing” and “Aghh-ing” followed by a, “I need to ask my manager, please hold…<Click. Dial Tone.>”.
If the poker room is going to be open 24/7 – they should pay for experts to be there 24/7 – What do we all pay rake and entry fees for? – it's not like they are paying the dealer’s wages – he is a computer!

If the above number is not free for me to call, because I am in the UK, then I expect to see real-time chat support. This should be of the same standard as the phone support I just outlined.

If anyone could tell me where this poker site is, I will go and sign up today! :D

I am part of the microwave generation - and as such - I want everything now, to be convenient, to be good value and most of all be the best quality I could hope for!

Last edited:
neishe

neishe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only site I have really had a problem with was spin palace poker (a prima network site). I was unable to cash out for quite some time and the helpline was actually very unhelpful, basically I was told to wait for an e-mail to arrive which would let me know what was going on. The E-mail never actually came, and when i was finally able to withdraw my funds I never played on a prima site again!

Scouse

Scouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neishe - so they told you to wait for them to contact you; "Don't call us, we'll call you..."

Is pacific poker much better?

Out of the things that I have mentioned above; (fast cashout, quick personalised response, good telephone support, and real-time chat) - what would you rather use?

Also what is the pet complaint re: these guys (CS in general)?

Is is slack replies or something more specific?

Scouse

Scouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re: UltimateBet Customer Service

Scouse said:
I have not had a reply and I emailed them ages ago. Does anyone have a number for them?

OMG how long does it take to reply to an email? If this was a money issue I had at UB, I think I may have torn my eyebrows out by now!

This sucks so much, I can actually feel a breeze.