Cheating!?!? A Glitch? Mulitple accounts?

YourHuckleberry

YourHuckleberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me preface this by saying that this was a freeroll on ACR but STILL! Ok, here's what happened...

I am sitting at a normal 9 player table in the early stages of an On-Demand $10 Freeroll on ACR. There is a person across from me that is pushing every hand. Not that unusual, right? But then when he busted out as zle7, he reappears in the SAME seat at the same table as zle8. He pushes all in about 10 times in a row before being busted again. Then he comes back AGAIN as zle4 and does the same thing! I could have swore he did this 4 or 5 times but I can say FOR SURE it happened 3 times.I understand he could have multiple accounts and quickly re-registered again under a different account but it happened almost instantly and the odds SHOULD be MICROSCOPIC that he would land in the SAME SEAT at the SAME TABLE more than once, let alone 3 or more times. I find this very sketchy at best.

Does anybody know what is going on or how this is done without it being someone exploiting a software glitch or straight up cheating? Again, I know it's a freeroll but that doesn't exactly instill confidence in the site or the software. All insight welcomed as I am very confused about this and I won't drop a DIME of my real money into ACR until I get a satisfactory answer. There could be a reasonable explanation but I don't see it.

Thanks for any help.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very improbable to get the same seat like that but here is simple explanation....similar to you thoughts on multiple accounts but not exactly multiple accounts on the same skin.

ACR, BCP, PokerHost, True......all run the 10$ od freerolls sharing player pools so its possible these where different accounts for the same user on each of these skins or could be a big coincidence and they are different people. However its very conceivable that someone could hit the same seat if no one else is registering and no one is busting and its the only open seat then they would get sat there for all skins when they reg after busting.

It could easily be someone who has 9 or 10 accounts as well, who knows from our point of view but you could always report it as suspicious to support and I'm sure they would review it............we also have an acr rep on the forum that might be able to direct you specifically on where to go for feedback ......

Also I don't think I'd be too worried, I'd love to have a donky like the zle playing money games if he is going to fire a bullet from 7/8/9 accounts because its easy money for the rest of us lol

YourHuckleberry

YourHuckleberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what you are saying about the fact that if nobody is busting or joining the tourny that the same seat might be the only one available but the odds of that being true just ONCE in a 50+ table freeroll event where late registration is still open and people are busting left and right are astronomical, less having it happen 3 or more times in a row over the course of 10 minutes or so.

These freeroll tourny's start with 270 people and 30 minutes later it has 600+ so there have got to be lots of new tables opening up and the fact that it's a freeroll means LOTS of people are busting so I just don't see how he could happen back to the same seat with that much churn even once, let alone 3+ times. It just doensn't seem reasonable.

As for it being different players I think the odds are even slimmer, especially because his username was zle4, zle8 and zle7. Not exaclty "PokerDad1" or something. I'd bet the odds of me being struck by lightning while turning in my winning lotto ticket are better than that being random people with same random name playing in the same tournament at the same time and taking each others seat multiple times after the other busts.

I have posted it in the Official ACR thread too as an FYI and I'll post any answer I get here.

I don't mean to beat you up about it because I do appreciate your answer and respect your opinion I just find the explanations implausible given the odds against it and assuming everything is on the up-and-up. Hell, I rebuy into MUCH smaller fields with much less churn quite often on ACR and have never been put in the same seat once. It just doens't make reasonable sense to me.

And I'm certainly not worried about playing with bad players, I love bad players, but I'm worried about bad software or bad ethics by the company when something so improbable happens. It reminds me of the show "Breaking Vegas" when the guy broke the random number generator and won the Keno jackpot. They never even considered paying him, instead they immediately assumed he was cheating and searched his room and arrested his partner because of how improbable it was for that to actually happen. This kind of reminds me of that.

Thanks again for your response and good luck at the tables!

Cheers!

Aletador

Aletador

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible that zle is the name for the computer player? 0.o

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what you are saying about the fact that if nobody is busting or joining the tourny that the same seat might be the only one available but the odds of that being true just ONCE in a 50+ table freeroll event where late registration is still open and people are busting left and right are astronomical, less having it happen 3 or more times in a row over the course of 10 minutes or so.

These freeroll tourny's start with 270 people and 30 minutes later it has 600+ so there have got to be lots of new tables opening up and the fact that it's a freeroll means LOTS of people are busting so I just don't see how he could happen back to the same seat with that much churn even once, let alone 3+ times. It just doensn't seem reasonable.

As for it being different players I think the odds are even slimmer, especially because his username was zle4, zle8 and zle7. Not exaclty "PokerDad1" or something. I'd bet the odds of me being struck by lightning while turning in my winning lotto ticket are better than that being random people with same random name playing in the same tournament at the same time and taking each others seat multiple times after the other busts.

I have posted it in the Official ACR thread too as an FYI and I'll post any answer I get here.

I don't mean to beat you up about it because I do appreciate your answer and respect your opinion I just find the explanations implausible given the odds against it and assuming everything is on the up-and-up. Hell, I rebuy into MUCH smaller fields with much less churn quite often on ACR and have never been put in the same seat once. It just doens't make reasonable sense to me.

And I'm certainly not worried about playing with bad players, I love bad players, but I'm worried about bad software or bad ethics by the company when something so improbable happens. It reminds me of the show "Breaking Vegas" when the guy broke the random number generator and won the Keno jackpot. They never even considered paying him, instead they immediately assumed he was cheating and searched his room and arrested his partner because of how improbable it was for that to actually happen. This kind of reminds me of that.

Thanks again for your response and good luck at the tables!

Cheers!

Well. I play tons of these freerolls just because I like to donk around while I'm forced to play nitty on other tables. Late at night the freerolls don't get very big and take quite sometime to meet the 272 players. In the beginning of those games, many players aren't aware the game started or just plain fell asleep, walked away, or gave up waiting for play to start. So, the beginning of those games is quite slow, unless you're lucky enough to find yourself on a table with some active players like your zle." dude.

The thing about having different accounts on different skins is that you can't have two skins open at once....so it's still fair play. I've seen what you described several times....not as unlikely as you might think...don't trip, take advantage of the donk play...our favorite customers on the cyberfelt are the dummies....remember that...we NEED them. LOL

YourHuckleberry

YourHuckleberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok here is the response I got as promised:

"Hi, so finally got the investigation info back. As, so correctly, cjmoles explained, the player got the same seat two more times, because it was the only seat available at the time of him busting out and entering with another account. The investigation showed, that two of the accounts played only three hands (going all in on all of them) and one account played only one, this made him going out and back in really quick, so that made that specific seat the only one available during that really small time frame.

Again, this situation is highly unlikely but is probable.

Again, thank you for your report, we will monitor this player's activity to ensure it doesn't become an issue with other customers play."

I guess I've got a wicked case of CRS (can't remember sheet) because that isn't how I remember it going down but I guess I could be wrong. Either way I don't really understand how something could be "highly unlikely but probable" at the same time but whatever. I'm happy they at least took the time to look into it and got back with me anyway.