chances of board pairing?

J

jlee12489

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I was wondering what the chances were of the board pairing. I read somewhere its around 1 in 5? or 17%.
I play on pokerstars, and it seems that lately the boards has been pairing up. even over 50% of the time (might be coincidence)
is this normal? i mean, if the board pairs up over 50% of the time, doesn't that mean a single card is a better hand than a pair?

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
odds when dealing real cards and the way the computer deals on Pokerstars for example are very different in my opinion. The same way you see the board pairing more than usual we also see a lot more flushes and straights than in table play.

It's one of my ultimate frustrations of online play.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odds when dealing real cards and the way the computer deals on Pokerstars for example are very different in my opinion. The same way you see the board pairing more than usual we also see a lot more flushes and straights than in table play.

It's one of my ultimate frustrations of online play.
:rolleyes:

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without considering your cards, 9/49 on 3 different card flop plus 40/49*12/48 river, so about 40% if you have a flush...and about 35% in a hu set vs. flopped flush situation.

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without considering your cards, 9/49 on 3 different card flop plus 40/49*12/48 river, so about 40% if you have a flush.

Go D'wilius! Yeah this is called counterfeiting also if you have a lower pair than the two on board and your hand gets cancelled out to the high card.

And I rolled my eyes as well Gunslinger :rolleyes: