Challenging a PokerSite Decision

mbutler007

mbutler007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll send them an e-mail. I know from past experience they take a little while to reply, but I'll see what they say. I'll keep you posted.

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well bonuses are the icing

.....try to stick with playing poker instead of using bonuses as income :D

I read somewhere that only 15% of people actually earn money playing poker, while 20% break even and 65% lose money over all. Not sure if that is accurate but it seems logical. Bonuses often make the difference and for low stakes players that's huge.

Think about it ... can't win or lose much at penny stakes but if achieving a set number of raked hands gets you a sizable bonus, who wouldn't go for it.

Maybe someday I will be confident enough to play higher stakes although I have won hundreds of dollars by placing in the freerolls offered by my rakeback provider. When they take on a new site they often just require that you play one raked hand to qualify for a big pot tourney with few entrants. So you shouldn't poo poo bonuses.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read somewhere that only 15% of people actually earn money playing poker, while 20% break even and 65% lose money over all. Not sure if that is accurate but it seems logical. Bonuses often make the difference and for low stakes players that's huge.

Think about it ... can't win or lose much at penny stakes but if achieving a set number of raked hands gets you a sizable bonus, who wouldn't go for it.

Maybe someday I will be confident enough to play higher stakes although I have won hundreds of dollars by placing in the freerolls offered by my rakeback provider. When they take on a new site they often just require that you play one raked hand to qualify for a big pot tourney with few entrants. So you shouldn't poo poo bonuses.

Well just think of it like this...If you are clearing more bonuses than you are paying for rake then they will probably find a way to stop it. The bonuses are to entice players to pay much more in rake then they are getting back. A lot of sites also have the clause that they can block an account if they even suspect anything. Just food for thought.

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well just think of it like this...If you are clearing more bonuses than you are paying for rake then they will probably find a way to stop it.

I don't have a problem with them stopping bonuses that turn out to be unprofitable for them. I do have a problem with them choosing to keep all my deposit money because I inadvertently stumbled across their software weakness. Who should be penalize here? Me of the dumbprogrammerdude that wrote the reward system in the first place?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard that 27% of statistics are made up on the spot.

ps i hope you get your money back.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CallMeBaby, you might try this site as another option-- they claim to have "Free Dispute Resolution".

I have no idea if they have had any success or what kind of effort they put into it, but it can't hurt.

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Valuable info, thanks

CallMeBaby, you might try this site as another option-- they claim to have "Free Dispute Resolution".

I have no idea if they have had any success or what kind of effort they put into it, but it can't hurt.

Well they state this "With rooms rated B+ or higher, we generally can have an issue resolved within 24-48 hours" and they rate Ultimate Bet as B+. So we shall see how this works out.

I really appreciate the help Aliengenius and the rest of the Cardchats members who have come to my aid. Thank you very much.
Elle

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a problem with them stopping bonuses that turn out to be unprofitable for them. I do have a problem with them choosing to keep all my deposit money because I inadvertently stumbled across their software weakness. Who should be penalize here? Me of the dumbprogrammerdude that wrote the reward system in the first place?

I myself have never been accused of bonus abusing, and in fact its the first time Ive heard of this, however I think keeping your initial deposit as well is just wrong. Say what they will that is just plain wrong, I think UB is just doing things to their own advantage without giving thought to their customers. I will send an email to them through the link you provided to ask about this, the best I can do. I will tell you the results when I get it.

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
correction

Thanks a lot devilpoker. I appreciate all the support I can get. I think I quoted UB's email wrong though. I think it's memberservices@ultimatebet.com but the email for the gaming commission is correct.

Well getting my deposit back would be progress but I want to be exonerated of this charge. I liked playing at Ultimate Bet and I would like to be able to play there again.

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I dont think you should go back after what they did to you, you wouldnt want to go through the same thing again for another silly reason do you?! There are alot of other great sites out there like Pstars, FT and bodog. I know its difficult to change once you get used to a site but then, better safe than sorry. And your welcome :).

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible they think you're using a bot? Are you playing so many hours that they're disputing you're playing them all? This just seems so weird, I cant imagine a site charging someone with bonus abuse.

Yes I was playing an awful lot. It's hard to accumulate 1500 raked hands at .01/.02 stakes. I am between semesters and have hurt my ankle skiing, so no clubbing for me. But how does that change what they did. If I was breaking some unwritten rule I would have expected a warning - or at the most have them revoke the bonuses. Keeping my $750.00 deposit which they solicited from me by email asking me to redeposit is theft. No "ands" "ifs" or "buts".

Btw the Ultimate Bet allows bots. But I am not one and I don't have one nor have I ever used one. I also chatted at tables when the conversation was interesting so they would have that on file as well You bring up an interesting point though. Someone told me that UB allows bot holders to have seven accounts - not sure if this is fact or fiction - it was just something someone said at a table. I would imagine if someone bought a bot program they would have to register it with the site in order to make it work - not sure - but I would imagine.

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought I was the only person onto the bonus rake anomoly. I played at UB for a few weeks playing low limit tables and was doing reasonably well through the bonus rake system. I was playing poker and not just sitting there taking the rake however unless I had a monster hand I would fold.

I think UB must have threatened my wife with harm if she did not stop me from RORTING their system because while away on a fishing trip she LOST all of MY money (Not a big gambler...only $25.00). She said the cards were not kind to her that day.........may have been the bottle of wine that caused the unkindness.

To make things worse she is pregnant so now my poker dollars go towards buying miniture furniture and clothes.

..............Only 18 years and I will be able to afford to deposit more money.

I really hope you get your money back as I believe what they have done is theft.

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks you guys

Because I couldnt find this thread in the General poker forum, I started a new one called Cardschat and members you da Bomb, to inform everyone that I got my account reopened and all my bonus money and deposit money.

I don't know what moved them into reconsidering my case but I do know that it was all because you guys helped me. So thanks a lot.

Muahhhhhhhhhhhh!