Carbon Poker Fun Step

physiotherapist

physiotherapist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have nerver use the deposite option.. i won 4$ on fun step3 SnG on carbon and then build my bankroll with 4$.... im happy about my current bankroll on both feltstars and carbon... its like easy and free money for me ! no deposite but i withdraw monthly 2 to 4 K ....
i suggest you all do same if you dont want to deposite
smile.gif
or even CC freeroll is one of the best option to biuld your bankroll
vroam.gif
Good luck all

mbelsky

mbelsky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Note that the Step 2 tickets expired in 8 days and you can only purchase max of 10 Step 1 tickets a day. So you can only have a max of 9 X 10 = 90 Step 2 tickets.

Actually, since you could save a step 1 ticket from the day before, you could hypothetically have 91 Step 2 tickets + how ever many Step 3s you convert to step 2s.

:p

What does everyone think is the best next place to go with Fun Step earnings?
I'm considering the Double Or Nuttin 10-seat Sit N Gos.
$1.08 entry pays $2 back to half the players.

I thought only pokerstars had these. I will definitely go this route if I ever manage to win some Step 3s. Does anyone know how tight most players play the double-or-nothings on carbon?

dingo_khan

dingo_khan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
did they do away with the fun steps!? i can't find them anywhere!

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did they do away with the fun steps!? i can't find them anywhere!

1 Click "Sit N Go" on top
2 Sort the list by table name ie. click the label "name" above the table list.
3 Scroll the list to table name starting with fun

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still have not cashed in the third step, but will most likely hit up a cash table once I do.
Has anyone tried the .11c Bumblebee Room SH Super Turbo's? I'm not a big fan of super turbos, but with only 1$ you would have 9 buy-in's. Dunno if anyone could actually cash in those ST's or not without some luck, but with only a dollar or two your gonna need some anyway :x.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still have not cashed in the third step, but will most likely hit up a cash table once I do.
Has anyone tried the .11c Bumblebee Room SH Super Turbo's? I'm not a big fan of super turbos, but with only 1$ you would have 9 buy-in's. Dunno if anyone could actually cash in those ST's or not without some luck, but with only a dollar or two your gonna need some anyway :x.

how many entrants in the superturbo's? kinda lame they don't have 2NL. would be easiest.
I gave up on funsteps a while ago. too maddening. lolz.

mbelsky

mbelsky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have earned 6 step 3 tickets to date and have not cashed yet. My most recent attempt ended when we were heads up, pretty even stacks and I lost with AA vs A6 off. Lolz!

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how many entrants in the superturbo's? kinda lame they don't have 2NL. would be easiest.
I gave up on funsteps a while ago. too maddening. lolz.
6 with top 2 paying

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cashed in a 3rd step today, played limit holdem for 15 min and am up 56c! :) hope i don't lose it

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have nerver use the deposite option.. i won 4$ on fun step3 SnG on carbon and then build my bankroll with 4$.... im happy about my current bankroll on both feltstars and carbon... its like easy and free money for me ! no deposite but i withdraw monthly 2 to 4 K ....
i suggest you all do same if you dont want to deposite
smile.gif
or even CC freeroll is one of the best option to biuld your bankroll
vroam.gif
Good luck all

What did you play right after you won $4 from fun steps?

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you play right after you won $4 from fun steps?
I think Fast Fifty. I think that is what i would do because they are verry soft. I use to play those when i was cashing under 10 dollars from CC freeroll . When i won enough so i could pass 10 bucks i withdrawed them to neteller.
Anyway i wanna know if he played Fast Fifty. I think they are easyer than Boomble since you have a lot of time to choose your spots.
PS. It is not that hard to win the Steps. But a lot of players are not patient enough. To beat the fish you ahve to be patient and to not involve yourself in funny or fancy plays.

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've gotten $5 bucks out of these and just missed a few others (leading HU step 3 and lost) ... u would have thought i was playing for $1K not $1 ... i wasnt happy!

you have a max of 8 step 1s u can convert per day, so let's say u turn 3 of those into 2s which isnt hard to do at all u could easily win 5 out of 8 ... the competition is weak and impatient ... now impatient can be a legit strategy if you only can play for a few hours and have all 8 chances to convert to step 1s

so now you have 3 step 2s, which naturally you can play at the same time as u continue to play step 1s

let's say you turn 1 of those into a step 3 (place 1st or 2nd) also u can get another 2 by placing 3rd

now the step 3 is winner take all basically, however, i've placed 2nd a few times which gives you a step 3 back and 3rd gives u a step 2 back (ladder deal)

essentially if you have 4 hours to play , you should be playing in 1 step three every 4 hours, so it gives u a 10% chance per day to get a $1 ... i've done a little better by earning $1 per week for the 5 weeks i've been playing these

i know, high roller! ... but it's kinda fun ... and it's a way for old micro players on stars or ftp to get some of the excitement back

also nothing stops you from firing up a MTT freeroll at the same time ... Carbon runs one every 4 hours ... i won a whole $1 in an Omaha MTT and im not an Omaha player, so you can imagine the level of competition, however i lost most of that playing Limit Holdem cash ... now i want to get to $10 before i really start hitting the real money

and for hard core multi tablers ... the intertops freerolls (2/day) are easy fields, altho i did only place once out of 30 games, so not great results there (250 field 8 places ... well i guess 1 out of 30 is average statistically, but it was a 1st which got me into a $1K freeroll that only had 30 players with late reg. open ... that was a tough loss for me ... i coulda got some real $$ in i finished in top 8 and i ended up getting felted in like 11th ... ouch!)

anyway, i dont think any of that will satisfy a higher stakes player , but for micro players there is still fun to be had and with a few hits here and there ... some small dollars to start grinding away with

if you play the steps ... im Fugitive67, so give me a thumbsup! or your chips

Last edited:
F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you take these seriously and play every Step 1 you possibly can, you should be able to add nearly $2 per week to your bankroll.

I picked up an $11 Satellite Ticket in one of the daily $200 freerolls but its only good in Rebuy Satellites.
I'm playing these Fun Steps to bank at least enough for a $10 add-on!
there is a tourney that you can use that $11 satelite that is not a rebuy ... might only run 1/week ... i cant remember off the top of my head what's it's called and i'm at work, but search for it ... dont go into a rebuy with no rebuy bullets

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've gotten $5 bucks out of these and just missed a few others (leading HU step 3 and lost) ... u would have thought i was playing for $1K not $1 ... i wasnt happy!

you have a max of 8 step 1s u can convert per day, so let's say u turn 3 of those into 2s which isnt hard to do at all u could easily win 5 out of 8 ... the competition is weak and impatient ... now impatient can be a legit strategy if you only can play for a few hours and have all 8 chances to convert to step 1s

so now you have 3 step 2s, which naturally you can play at the same time as u continue to play step 1s

let's say you turn 1 of those into a step 3 (place 1st or 2nd) also u can get another 2 by placing 3rd

now the step 3 is winner take all basically, however, i've placed 2nd a few times which gives you a step 3 back and 3rd gives u a step 2 back (ladder deal)

essentially if you have 4 hours to play , you should be playing in 1 step three every 4 hours, so it gives u a 10% chance per day to get a $1 ... i've done a little better by earning $1 per week for the 5 weeks i've been playing these

i know, high roller! ... but it's kinda fun ... and it's a way for old micro players on stars or ftp to get some of the excitement back

also nothing stops you from firing up a MTT freeroll at the same time ... Carbon runs one every 4 hours ... i won a whole $1 in an Omaha MTT and im not an Omaha player, so you can imagine the level of competition, however i lost most of that playing Limit Holdem cash ... now i want to get to $10 before i really start hitting the real money

and for hard core multi tablers ... the intertops freerolls (2/day) are easy fields, altho i did only place once out of 30 games, so not great results there (250 field 8 places ... well i guess 1 out of 30 is average statistically, but it was a 1st which got me into a $1K freeroll that only had 30 players with late reg. open ... that was a tough loss for me ... i coulda got some real $$ in i finished in top 8 and i ended up getting felted in like 11th ... ouch!)

anyway, i dont think any of that will satisfy a higher stakes player , but for micro players there is still fun to be had and with a few hits here and there ... some small dollars to start grinding away with

What games did you play right after you got $10?

gefishy

gefishy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fun step tournaments are not a bad way to get money, if you got the patience for it. There are a lot of people now at Carbon, when there were fewer it was a bit easier. If you want to save yourself some time and aren't terribly concerned over the number of step 1's you have, I would also suggest you just play the step ones and sit out all of them.

Z

ZODECI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fun steps are available at every Merge room. You can play nonstop fun steps all day if you have enough skins installed. Personally, I think it's a waste of time. Check out my bluff Room post if you want a freeroll with a bit more value.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played funsteps every now and then, I would register in one, get another token, register again... until I had all 10 games running. I was all in with AK and QQ+, youd get 3 callers anyway....
After the idiots are all in with J9 and gone the poker game begins to evolve. Id play my step1s and register step2 etc, then when I had 3 or 4 step3's id load them up together. I put a few hours into it and had won $2 before I gave up. Getting 3rd in a $200 freeroll was the main reason I gave up but they take a lot of time for $1.
Unless you actually enjoy the maniac sngs there could be better ways of grinding up some free dollars.

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What games did you play right after you got $10?
ha, im not at $10, but i played a fast fifty and won

so i've earned $7 ($5 steps, $1 MTT Omaha freeroll and $1 fast fifty) then i lost $3 at ring games ... so now at $4 ... i'm gonna just play fast fifty with my winnings from now on ... my cash game has been off for awhile now

B

ballers101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I love playing the fun steps because really they are very fun, in step 1 I enter in 8 tournies and just leave them all waiting til there's like 5-4 people left so I can come back and win a step 2 tourny, that usually always works. Step 2 is a little bit harder but still, not so bad. I get a step 3 ticket every 30% of the time. It's just step 3, haven't found a way to win step 3. I always end up getting sucked out pretty badly.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I'm gonna try and do, too bad you lost it :(
After all my hunting and lookin through sites, I have found that Carbon poker is the best for free tournaments. But just because its the best doesn't make it all that good.
The Funsteps are your best bet to get into the money I think. I just hate to think about working all the way to the third fun step and getting 4th, then u gotta start all over.
first place is the buck.second is another step 3 ticket and third is a step 2 ticket:)

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won a funstep 3 yesterday. Trying to decide what to spend this massive bankroll on! :)

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got my first dollar recently too, I better try and win some more though.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly suggest the Micro limit tables. If you have a solid ABC game and patience they seem to be a good place to grow a micro BR. I have also noticed that I do much better on them after 5 or 6 PST much softer games.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a dollar today I blew almost all of it on those crazy 6 person super turbo $0.11 games that was a mistake.
I was down to $0.35.
Then I decided to try the 6th cent MTT 1 Re-buy. I placed 8th out of 373 players for a whopping $0.73 cents I think.
Then I sat down and just hit the grind at a limit table for a few hours. I am now at $1.76.

N

napolo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any general strategy? Step 2 and 3 people start getting tighter so should I loosen up? Is general strategy to starttight and then get looser at blinds go up?