Bots and Collusion on ACR

A

Alpha55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought ACR took care of the BOT problem by actively trying to stop it. Have you had a problem?

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots are gone according to ACR. They also keep checking constantly too. Collusion, still exists and always will exist seeing it is online.

That's just my opinion.. I don't think I was ever effected by this. I never heard anything or received any refunds.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm on a big downswing I think the bots are real. When winning I feel like everything's is on the up and up. Just the nature of the beast I think. There will always be ??? When it comes to online poker. Lets hope they are doing there best to prevent these issues!

:deal::joyman::confused:;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But based on what you assume it's Bum Hunting,and how they know which table I join? I join only tables with 1/6 players in it,and after 10-15 seconds 4-5 same players always join,same as 9max table.

That sounds like they are using seating scripts. A seating script is software, which automatically seat a player in, what the software assume will be a profitable seat. And the way the software evaluates this is by using data from the players database or maybe tags placed manually by the player.

It could be something as simple as the software looking for tables, where there are sitting players, which have been marked "yellow" or whatever its owner uses for someone, he wants to get involved with. Seating scripts have been banned by pokerstars and other poker sites, but apparently ACR has either not banned them, or they are not effective in enforcing the ban.

I also noticed very suspicious behavior with some of those players,couple time we Had a full straight on table I dropped all in while both sides should split the pot and they folded? explain this if so "Experienced players" a lot of weird hands that they fold when they should have called 100%.

Unless the board was also the nuts, like AKQJT rainbow, calling for a chopper is often not a good idea. On a board like QJT98 I would typically also fold to a big bet, unless I had an K in my hand. I might even in some situations fold a K, if I thought, there was a very solid chance, my opponent had AK. Or a flush if that was possible.

For me it looks like 4-5 bots teaming up on 1 legit player to increase their chances in one of the hands to knock him out and grab a bit of cash :)

Are you playing SnGs? In cash games there is no reward for "knocking someone out".

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyways. If you are playing in games, where it appears someone is using seating scripts to bum hunt you, and you even have worries about collussion, then I would certainly advice to stop playing in those games. You can either move to a different poker site. Or as I already said you can play game formats, where people dont get to choose their opponents, because seating is random. This include MTTs, fast fold cash games and games with randomized and "hidden" seating like Spin n Gos.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like cash games. I like only playing tournaments,
But I have had the experience, where I sit at a cash game and there are only two people sitting in. Watching them play, they play very passive.
Then as soon as I am in the hand, it's straddle, re-straddle, raise and re-raise.

Lots of collusion as well as Bots. Calling ridiculous hands with 1 outers and winning etc.

The poker rooms are there to make money. They don't really care what happens as long as they are making money. More deposits, More money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of collusion as well as Bots. Calling ridiculous hands with 1 outers and winning etc.

That is neither a sign of collusion or usage of illegal software like bots. Its a sign of a bad recreational player, which is exactly, what you want, because most of the time they will not hit their 1-outer :)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I appreciate your Tip and thoughts :D :)
But based on what you assume it's Bum Hunting,and how they know which table I join? I join only tables with 1/6 players in it,and after 10-15 seconds 4-5 same players always join,same as 9max table.
I would agree with you if it was 1-2 players, I tested it over an hour and kept joining only tables with 1 player and same players kept coming in.make 0 sense that all of them join at the same time just saying.
I also noticed very suspicious behavior with some of those players,couple time we Had a full straight on table I dropped all in while both sides should split the pot and they folded? explain this if so "Experienced players" a lot of weird hands that they fold when they should have called 100% .
For me it looks like 4-5 bots teaming up on 1 legit player to increase their chances in one of the hands to knock him out and grab a bit of cash :)

There is software called "seating scripts" the players do not have to watch you sit, the software has your stats , at least the stats that have accumulated on a site's cash game.That is why "they" sit when you sit and leave when you leave. You can Google poker seating scripts for more information.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am quite aware of the fact that you are much more likely to find yourself against teams than bots. I know there are boiler room teams who move about looking for fish to fleece and who hand off tourneys to better and better players as they get closer to the bink. the fools in these groups open tourneys play the first few levels (they love the push fold levels) and then when they gt a big stack or get near the money a better player sits in and the fool goes off to fire short stacked spots with an overlay hoping to get a fast double. If you live in a country where a few dollars a day is a basic wage you can see how offering someone like $1 a hour to cheat online poker would get alot of takers. IIt cant be hard to imagine being the player in one of the teams where you never have to play late reg or a short shove stack. always play bubbles or deep in the money and there is a herd of fools that set you up for tourney after tourney for a few pennies off each win.

100+ small field and large field MTTs are the best way to avoid grind teams and collusion teams. OF course the answer to this is just to get better than them and use shark scope to avoid those players who just seem to play around the clock and fire unending bullets at low and middle stakes.

W

waddman123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Joe Ingram has been talking about this for a long time. On April 29th 6pm EST Joe is going to have the CEO of WPN on his podcast. This is a promotional video he made for the show on youtube...
This is a video with not that many views showing weird bot like activity...

One more video of Joe talking about the collusion and botting going on...

I feel upset that this type of activity is allowed to go on. I have been using this site for years and there is no way in knowing if I too am a victim. It seems that ACR is passive about these situations until users are reported or harassed enough thru the means of media coverage by significant users with alot of money. I wish there was a site I knew for a fact had air tight security and actively (not passively) monitored these type of issues. I live in Texas. Is there an alternative site/client I should be using that is available to my region?
I have played this game for 35 years and worked in Vegas for 12 years. I know a shill or bot when i see them. NLOP definitely uses them. River_rage and SaltyArmy are definitely two. They never lead bet and will fold usually when there are 4 players total left even when they are in second or even 1st place. Multiple times they will drop at exactly the same time. I even took screen shots. Who do I report them to or file charges against? NLOP is a scam

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the poker site is very great and works very well I think they solved the problem a long time ago with bots and people who collude because it always damages the reputations of poker sites and all poker sites are against it because players are not comfortable I think there are no bots now