perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bots that play micro stakes make there money from the rake back. Play 5 tables 24-7 and each bot can make wages.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To Be Honest?

To Be Honest....
ACR is crazy bout the bots and many people are pissed off. I really don't care bout ACR. If I want to freeroll, then I will go but it is really stupid about this.

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never thought of thinking about it before. Does anyone have proof of it? I'm afraid if someone has the idea to write about it here, then someone will have used the idea to develop a bot. Maybe he can enlarge his bankroll that way. And that in the time when he himself has no time, or wants to sleep. who knows...

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter what happens, BOTs will always infest any site. To many, it's like a cyber cold war type thing.
BOTs get better, sites update security, BOTs upgrade, Security tightens up, on and on ....
Sad part is, legitimate players get caught in the firing line, with no condolences.
Sites should locate and destroy any site, or torrent that ether sells or programs the BOTs.
Show the community that proactive steps are being taken to curb and detract players from even thinking of using the things.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not surprised at all about bots

I haven’t looked into how the bots play but I honestly have been very suspicious of play I’ve come across on this site. I wish Michigan’s former governor hadn’t vetoed the bill that would’ve legalized online gambling. If I had better options I’d never play this site again.
I've been saying for years now that there's GOTTA be "something weird" going on with online poker sites. WAYYYY too many "bad beats", total JOKE river card winners and "people"(BOTS) playing REALLLY bad cards from bad "positions". It was no shock to me to learn about all of the "bot problems" which have surfaced recently. I won't do the classic "Told you so", but.....well, YES I will do the "TOLD YOU SO"! Money to be made thru corruption?>>>Priceless!

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALL Poker Bot solution..... maybe

We all know the bot situation will never be solved. Like the existence of a true RNG, technology will always outrun the chasers. Out of all the geniuses, stat crunchers, analysts one should be able to conclude that someone could devise a shore-fire way to recognize and defeat the bots. We have Huds that analyze just about everything. Anyone throw in a bot detection algorithm yet? Would any poker playing site develope and distribute one? They won't stop coming unless they are no longer profitable.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "Sites" have them .....

We all know the bot situation will never be solved. Like the existence of a true RNG, technology will always outrun the chasers. Out of all the geniuses, stat crunchers, analysts one should be able to conclude that someone could devise a shore-fire way to recognize and defeat the bots. We have Huds that analyze just about everything. Anyone throw in a bot detection algorithm yet? Would any poker playing site develope and distribute one? They won't stop coming unless they are no longer profitable.

Some poker sites implement a BOT algorithm, that's why sometimes you hear of players getting banned for no reason.( other than there play was a little too ABC, and triggered the warning flags.)
As far as distributing one, forget about it. One, "Sites" probibly use a massive database of players hands in their algo.
Second, someone somewhere would want the source code, or would reverse engineer the code, so they could find the cracks and slip a BOT deep in.

B

banananvitalia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
emmm.. If bots are playing who are they playing for? Are players using bots to their advantage?

J

Jedimindtryx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots

Acr gave me a small refund after all the losses I suffered from the botson there I think it’s good they are fixing the problem but compensation should be more abundant

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is Joe Ingram interviewing the CEO of WPN.

I played on ACR for the past week and started noticing 3-4 users sitting out SIMULTANEOUSLY on multiple tables. ( I was playing 8 tables at once for days.) I didnt even feel like reporting them for suspicious behavior. I just feel as if it is hopeless. I will absolutely never play on ACR again.

I just started working more so I can build a bankroll and become strictly a live player.

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just google poker bots for sale!!! I mean come on people... This is absolutely insane that this has been going on. ACR is labeled as low risk for being caught on their sites. pokerstars is labeled as very high risk. I really wish poker stars was available to me. They have settings and advice to become virtually undetectable for very long periods of time. These bots can exploit hud stats perfectly (when humans only have 10 seconds to act and no time to read every single stat against a player), play pro level tourament/cash/sng/ etc... Not to mention the collusion like activity I have seen with my own eyes is pathetic.

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the video I posted he talks about how they will be using google recaptcha at the table. If ACR starts to implement things such as this... I will consider depositing again.

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like every time Phil Nagy shrugs his shoulders in the interview that he has no confidence in what he is saying or lying.... What do you guys think? I wish a body language expert could analyze this interview.

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems Ironic....

All of poker comes down to trusting or not trusting if opponents have what they are representing. Is Nagy repping an honest AK solution, or is this a 72 reraise; forcing all to trust the bet or fold? I wonder. At the moment my stack is low so I gotta trust the reraise. Also, it doesn't seem like anyone at this table is taking a stab at the pot.

Who has the most equity?
Are the variances worth the risk?
Who trusts the reraise?

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I forced myself to sit through the entire interview. It was a painful experience. I really wanted to believe what Nagy was saying and I tried my best to give him the benefit of the doubt, but his body language, constant stammering and stuttering and repeating himself just makes it impossible. Anyone who plays cash games with any regularity on ACR sees that there are certain players who are always at the tables. I don't know if these are bots or multiple people sharing one account to maximize rakeback and Beast rewards (which can add up to six figures by the end of the year if playing mid to high stakes). Both bots and multi-using accounts are prohibited. No one individual can play so many tables for so many hours. There's no way to prevent this entirely (except maybe eliminating Beast rewards), but, at least in the case of bots, one step is to ban HUDs and seating scripts. If the regs are actually good players they should still be able to beat the fish and still make a decent living. Still, bots can be adjusted to work around the new rules. Its a really difficult problem. Unfortunately, I didn't get the impression that he was really committed to dealing with it. We'll see what happens when the new software is fully implemented, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
M

mookieit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday on bovada in zone poker, I realized a bunch of bots for the first time.

What happened is that as I was playing, I was seeing too frequent re raises pre flop and then calling my big re raise.

This was an indicator that something was off.

Caught them off guard and pocketed some good money off sloppy bots

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great video you know i only pretty much play at micro stakes and i have i have finishe 1st in mumerous icrostake tournaents on acr. so that mean i have won tournaments agoinst massive cheating i should jusst say forget online poker and toke this show to the live stage

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm a little confused why is everyone worried about playing against a "bot"?

They seem from what I've researched to be very much like any other player who follows one of the "winning" starting range and play guides available for Humans to use i.e. a Humanbot versus an autobot.

It seems to maximize your stock bot's potential you take a basic program and modify it. Like taking a basic strategy and deciding to go against it because of ….. in a specific situation.

What we are facing are NOT the high end learn as it plays strategies of A.I. being put out by the universities and competing against the best pro's.

Autobots and Humanbots are exploitable because they are predictable after some observation in most situations. I don't see where a computer being dealt a weak A and clicking Raise is any different than a human looking at a chart and reading Raise with a hand in a certain position so they click Raise.

FWIW I think to many people fear the machine for no good reason.

Lets shuffle up and play.

BTW facing BOTS in war games are usually much easier than facing a real human.

T

Thor93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Still the Same Cash Tables Botting

Wish I've seen this post long time ago,I've been playing a while on ACR and kept Seeing "players" that leave the Cash tables soon as I leave and kept join when I was sitting.
Don't want to know how many players out there that been or still now in the same spot as I'm.
Cause it might have been thousands of dollars sitting in this botted accounts that all this cash was Belong to Legit players who lost it.

If anyone Have any updates or knows any information regarding the botting in ACR and if any steps been taken lately, will be glad to hear some positive information
:)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend videotaped that exact thing happening to him at the cash tables, all players simultaneously sitting out when he sits out, and the all simultaneously sit in when he sits back in.

It's one of the major reasons why i've never played cash games and never will... there's WAY too much risk of running into a collusion/bot team compared to my preferred form of poker... tournaments don't have this problem since you cannot pick your table or your opponents like you can do at cash games.

Tournaments are low risk for high reward. Cash games are the opposite, they are high risk for low reward. No thanks, I stay away and I recommend others do too given the blatant, obvious collusion and/or bot tactics being witnessed.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish I've seen this post long time ago,I've been playing a while on ACR and kept Seeing "players" that leave the Cash tables soon as I leave and kept join when I was sitting.

This is called bum hunting, and except on GG Poker its not against the terms and conditions. Those players apparently percieve you as a weak player, they want to get involved with. Whereas if there are no more weak players at the table, they dont want to sit and play only against other "sharks".

If you dont like being bum hunted, the best solution is to play fast fold cash games (I think ACR call their version "Blitz") or play tournaments with a certain minimum of players. Even in a 9 man SnG bum hunting is not really a thing. If you also want to be protected from possible collusion, it is better to play MTTs though. In MTTs seating is random, so nobody can select, who they want to play with. Best of luck at the tables :)

T

Thor93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is called bum hunting, and except on GG Poker its not against the terms and conditions. Those players apparently percieve you as a weak player, they want to get involved with. Whereas if there are no more weak players at the table, they dont want to sit and play only against other "sharks".

If you dont like being bum hunted, the best solution is to play fast fold cash games (I think ACR call their version "Blitz") or play tournaments with a certain minimum of players. Even in a 9 man SnG bum hunting is not really a thing. If you also want to be protected from possible collusion, it is better to play MTTs though. In MTTs seating is random, so nobody can select, who they want to play with. Best of luck at the tables :)

I appreciate your Tip and thoughts :D :)
But based on what you assume it's Bum Hunting,and how they know which table I join? I join only tables with 1/6 players in it,and after 10-15 seconds 4-5 same players always join,same as 9max table.
I would agree with you if it was 1-2 players, I tested it over an hour and kept joining only tables with 1 player and same players kept coming in.make 0 sense that all of them join at the same time just saying.
I also noticed very suspicious behavior with some of those players,couple time we Had a full straight on table I dropped all in while both sides should split the pot and they folded? explain this if so "Experienced players" a lot of weird hands that they fold when they should have called 100% .
For me it looks like 4-5 bots teaming up on 1 legit player to increase their chances in one of the hands to knock him out and grab a bit of cash :)

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure AI can improve the play of a bot enough to beat the best poker players. Think about Chess .. great bots but not perfect.

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure AI can improve the play of a bot enough to beat the best poker players. Think about Chess .. great bots but not perfect.

It would not have to beat the best players. Just play GTO in tournaments against impatient humans who make mistakes and get ITM enough times.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Good poker room, it's bad that they ignore this problem, we need to talk more about this,because it is the main threat to online poker.