Big News: WPTG is now the 3rd largest poker room in the world!

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Exciting news🕺💃! A Recent update on PokerScout places WPT Global as the 3rd largest poker brand in the world! Join us on this incredible journey to #1!Screenshot 2024 03 14 at 93546AM

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations with the rapid growth. Just a little sad that a site with "global" in its name is still not available in the vast majority of european countries :)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations with the rapid growth. Just a little sad that a site with "global" in its name is still not available in the vast majority of european countries :)
They are not even available in mexico anymore. And apart from party and unibet basically everything is available here. And when they were available they asked for lots of personal infos in addition to the usual id and utility bill. They wanted my tax number and know about my occupation in mexico (lol) when i asked them what is necessary to sign-up.

When i wrote them again to ask if this is really necessary and why they simply did not reply anymore (i was not rude or something). Way to threat a possible new customer 🤗

Imo they should change their name to wptlocal/wptbigbrother or something like that because this site is anything but global and i never came accross any poker site that was asking me for taxes documents or my occupation ever.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Thanks! I agree! I would love to have everyone be able to play from wherever. Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that.
We're working on expanding our offering to other countries, and I'm sure we'll have some exciting news in the upcoming year, though it is not entirely up to us as far as timeline.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This is great news, the poker site is quite new and already 3rd place among so many poker sites is a very cool result. I hope it will also prosper and grow among poker sites and reach 1st place. We wish you success in the prosperity of the poker site because your site is very good

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
They are not even available in Mexico anymore. And apart from party and unibet basically everything is available here. And when they were available they asked for lots of personal infos in addition to the usual id and utility bill. They wanted my tax number and know about my occupation in mexico (lol) when i asked them what is necessary to sign-up.

When i wrote them again to ask if this is really necessary and why they simply did not reply anymore (i was not rude or something). Way to threat a possible new customer 🤗

Imo they should change their name to wptlocal/wptbigbrother or something like that because this site is anything but global and i never came accross any poker site that was asking me for taxes documents or my occupation ever.
Hey, @Suns of Beaches ! Thanks for the feedback! Sry it took me a sec here.

Firstly, regarding Mexico, we will soon be able to share some exciting news about it through our official channels; stay tuned! I'm happy you enjoyed playing with us while you could, and I hope you can do so again soon.

The documentation you were asked for does sound a bit much compared to our standard KYC; that being said, I don't know your personal situation, and we must make sure beyond doubt who each player is and that we follow AML Laws.

How Global is WPT Global? We operate in almost every time zone and are constantly working to expand our offering wherever we legally can.

A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
This is great news, the poker site is quite new and already 3rd place among so many poker sites is a very cool result. I hope it will also prosper and grow among poker sites and reach 1st place. We wish you success in the prosperity of the poker site because your site is very good
@Gallarado777 Thank you! May the odds always be in your favor!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, @Suns of Beaches ! Thanks for the feedback! Sry it took me a sec here.

Firstly, regarding Mexico, we will soon be able to share some exciting news about it through our official channels; stay tuned! I'm happy you enjoyed playing with us while you could, and I hope you can do so again soon.

The documentation you were asked for does sound a bit much compared to our standard KYC; that being said, I don't know your personal situation, and we must make sure beyond doubt who each player is and that we follow AML Laws.

How Global is WPT Global? We operate in almost every time zone and are constantly working to expand our offering wherever we legally can.

Hi. I never played a hand there and i dont even have an account there. So i highly doubt this had anything to do with my personal situation.

I always try to verify right after i register so there are no missunderstandings later when i try to withdraw. Thats why i asked support what is needed.

This is what was sent to me after i asked what is needed for verification.:

Hello

Thank you for contacting us.

All players from Mexico are allowed to play, however, they must verify their account sending the following documents:

1. For Identification.
• Valid ID Card
• Valid Passport
• Valid Driver’s license

2. For proof of address: Issued to your name and address. Not older than 3 months.
• Utility bill - Gas, water, electricity, cable, broadband, or phone landline. No mobile phone bills are accepted.
• Bank statement - In your name and address.

3. CURP

4. RFC

5. Occupation

6. Proof of deposit (once the deposit is done)

Thank you for choosing WPT Global for your entertainment. You can follow all our updates on the official website Juegue al póker en línea y gane dinero real. (wptglobal.mx)

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please, don´t hesitate to contact us.

We hope you enjoy our tables.

Best Regards,
WPT Global Team 

Will this be also standart in the future? Im really not willing to give a pokersite mit curp and rfc (points 3 and 4) and its none of their business what my occupation in mexico is (Point 5).

Would be amazing if u could find out more @Ami_WPT Global 🙂

Last edited:
A

Ami_WPT Global

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi. I never played a hand there and i dont even have an account there. So i highly doubt this had anything to do with my personal situation.

I always try to verify right after i register so there are no missunderstandings later when i try to withdraw. Thats why i asked support what is needed.

This is what was sent to me after i asked what is needed for verification.:

Hello

Thank you for contacting us.

All players from Mexico are allowed to play, however, they must verify their account sending the following documents:

1. For Identification.
• Valid ID Card
• Valid Passport
• Valid Driver’s license

2. For proof of address: Issued to your name and address. Not older than 3 months.
• Utility bill - Gas, water, electricity, cable, broadband, or phone landline. No mobile phone bills are accepted.
• Bank statement - In your name and address.

3. CURP

4. RFC

5. Occupation

6. Proof of deposit (once the deposit is done)

Thank you for choosing WPT Global for your entertainment. You can follow all our updates on the official website Juegue al póker en línea y gane dinero real. (wptglobal.mx)

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please, don´t hesitate to contact us.

We hope you enjoy our tables.

Best Regards,
WPT Global Team 

Will this be also standart in the future? Im really not willing to give a pokersite mit curp and rfc (points 3 and 4) and its none of their business what my occupation in mexico is (Point 5).

Would be amazing if u could find out more @Ami_WPT Global 🙂
Ok (y) I see now. I agree this looks much but this is old right? I have no idea what would be the standard in the future but ill update here as soon as I hear more.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Wow I am surprised to hear that, we have iPoker still in Europe, they are a big network with plenty of skins. .:)

So I had to take another look, and they actually separated iPoker Europe from iPoker global and iPoker.It, even if it's the same player base.
So if you add them all together they are in 3rd place with 2415 (7 day avg)

Nevertheless, a great achievement by WPTG to become so successful in such a short time!