• Thread starter Pistol_Shot_Ian
  • Start date
P

Pistol_Shot_Ian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to see what people think of Betonline. First off, I can only play about 4 tables at once because well there isn't enough players to fill up any more than that at most stakes. Secondly the bad beats on this site, in my experience, are absolutely totally ridiculous and relentless. I mean you'll get all your money in on the flop hitting a set w/ someone who say has A/2 off hitting top pair and they'll consistently backdoor the flush or complete a full house ALL the time. I'm not exaggerating here either.

Quads? Just the other day I witnessed quads happen 3 out of 4 hands on one of my tables. As in hitting a set and then spiking the fourth card on the river. God help you if you hit a flush because that's a death sentence and the board will counterfeit and give someone a full house. And you may as well fold AA and KK before the flop cuz it ain't happening, ever. No exaggeration on that either.

Unfortunately for me I'm on a MAC and most all sites that people tend to talk highly about are only PC friendly. Along w/ that good luck finding a HUD that is available on MAC software and even more so on BO. I think I've only found one HUD available to BO players "Poker Indicator". But even w/ a HUD it wouldn't matter because they're just for making those quick judgement calls on a player when you have a marginal hand, 2nd button, or dealing w/ an odd raise ect. I'm talking HELLACIOUSLY consistent bad beats here usually w/ all your coin in the pot pre flop or on the flop w/ monster hands (including flopping sets, nut straights, and nut flushes) only to be drawn out by a one outter like a straight flush, quads and such.

Either way I've went over my hands w/ my coach and he's baffled just like I am because my money is in at the right time, consistently putting the caller off odds, and I'm usually a HUGE favorite to win the hand almost all the time. However I'm drawn out on about 90% of the time (been tracking this by hand over several months of play, no joke,) and it's really hard to get ahead on this site because of it since you NEED to have some of these big hands hit once in a while... not once in a blue moon.

Personally I'm not here to ask for opinions of my playing because I know it's up to par for the player pool I'm involved w/. I'm not playing shitty hands, I know when to fold and believe me I am good at it. All the theoretical BS I've got down and I'm also not complaining about losing here because, well, that's part of the game as we all know. What I want to know is if anyone else has had similar experiences on this site?

I'm in the process of getting a PC so I can play on other sites using a HUD like Carbon... Hero ... Lock... Cake... something because at this point it's getting a bit ridiculous and I really don't want to waste my time playing anymore until I can play on another site.

And just for the record I'd like to slap the nitwits who outlawed pokerstars in the U.S. but kept it open everywhere else. Seriously? I smell a rat here in my homeland and that's all I gotta say about that cuz I think I speak for most Americans when I say that we want our friggen Pokerstars back! Shoulda put that on Novembers ballot instead of this Elephant and Jackass BS... But now I'm just ranting LOL!

Thanks for reading and I hope to get a couple responses.

-Ian