BetOnline login issue

D

Dikkens

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been playing BetOnline for a while now with no issues. Today I stumbled upon the fact that they have their own poker odds calculator. So I download it and restart the client and now...nothing. It says "BetOnline game client is taking too long to start and will be closed..." What the hell? I've restarted my computer, updated all drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled the BetOnline client.

Anyone else have this problem?

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So I've been playing BetOnline for a while now with no issues. Today I stumbled upon the fact that they have their own poker odds calculator. So I download it and restart the client and now...nothing. It says "BetOnline game client is taking too long to start and will be closed..." What the hell? I've restarted my computer, updated all drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled the BetOnline client.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes it happened to me. No need to uninstall/reinstall or update drivers. Right click the desktop icon for BOL and choose properties, then compatibility tab, and check box for Run as Administrator. Yon may want to also go into "Change settings for all Users" and then check Run as Administrator. Then open program normally. When User Account Control dialog box pops up, click Yes. Let me know if that works. If not, you may have to to the same thing for the actual Launcher.exe file in the BOL folder in C drive in Program Files.

Last edited:
D

Dikkens

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it happened to me. No need to uninstall/reinstall or update drivers. Right click the desktop icon for BOL and choose properties, then compatibility tab, and check box for Run as Administrator. Yon may want to also go into "Change settings for all Users" and then check Run as Administrator. Then open program normally. When User Account Control dialog box pops up, click Yes. Let me know if that works. If not, you may have to to the same thing for the actual Launcher.exe file in the BOL folder in C drive in Program Files.

Thanks for the help. I contacted support and they told me the same thing. Run As Administrator starts it up as normal. Thanks again!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're struggling with poker odds, I'd recommend just making sure you get them down to the point you don't have to think about them. There's free training tools out there you can use like ace poker drills.

http://acepokerdrills.com/