micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel for you alfie, that sux...
whether you play there much or not, whether you had money or not

and as much as I understand what Debi and David have said- and have to agree with to some degree, but for a site (any and all) to be able to just shut an account without any reasons given and keep your funds seems almost criminal

I would expect some sort of explanation, whether to just know why or have a chance to prove innocence

really, kinda of stupid of carbon, they should have waited til you binked a major cash to steal your money, I mean ban you;)

things like this (on sites besides just carbon),some slow to non existent cash out times, chance of site closure, fees, higher rakes....
it's a wonder there's any/many depositors out there,

many newer players hear nothing but sites that have scammed, shut down or don't payout and they don't want to risk money online

it's sad that a poker company can't run a business without having to cheat their player pool to stay afloat...there's been way too many sites that have shut down since I started playing online, and I lose my time and some money at each and every one...

if you cant trust a degen gambling company who hides out on some overseas island, is gambling even worth the gamble??

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made me think if my account was address updated but it was not. I actually moved almost half a year or whatever ago and I have no login problems.

Collecting rake for two different offers would probably be of concern, cashing out at more than one account. So that is why support would shut down ones account w/o warning imo.

If nothing you can do, that is too terrible. Never heard of it happening but another possibility is if a person put in a complaint being of while at the tables. Not sure of what type of remark would be needed or perhaps any and all bans as such are placed by one person who could be having an off day. That is low.

Just wait a while perhaps and talk with their support telling them you would like to create an account. Of course this being the one and only account. I see this an option as your account has been closed.

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing to do is suck it up and kiss Admin's butt!! They might show you mercy!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and as much as I understand what Debi and David have said- and have to agree with to some degree, but for a site (any and all) to be able to just shut an account without any reasons given and keep your funds seems almost criminal

I would expect some sort of explanation, whether to just know why or have a chance to prove innocence

Neither of us said we agree with what the poker sites do when it comes to security issues or support it - we just said it is what all of them do and there is nothing you can do about it. They have always done this and there is no reason to believe that will ever change. (have no idea if this issue is addressed with the sites opening up in the US or not but outside of the US it is not).

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wont be sending them any further emails with this thread linked...quite frankly they can get to f*** and i hope their crappy site suffers massively when pokerstars gets allowed back into the US......i will literally piss myself if that happens.....fingers crossed.....and toes.....

thanks debi for trying and doing whatever you did and thanks everyone for your replys.....if we have learned anything then it is that customer service is incredibly poor when 'apparently' something is wrong and the 'no explanation' is quite honestly shambollic................if this is the standard procedure across the board of online poker sites then what chance do we have when they can just flick our accounts off whenever they bloody feel like it, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.............ofcourse with me getting banned and no explanation to why only leaves me with the idea that if they did give me an explanation then they would be lying........and if they were caught telling porkies maybe that would have damaged them in some way if it go out via a poker thread lol.......sounds legit.........cutting down on the non-depositors and getting out of it with refusing an explanation...........perfect way to end it isnt it?.......how convenient....

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
cutting down on the non-depositors and getting out of it with refusing an explanation...........perfect way to end it isnt it?.......how convenient....
Last I checked, they make money from 'rake' & 'tourney fees'.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was hoping that this was sorted by now :(

I do remember an issue with a guy on here who was banned from pokerstars because he let a friend create an account on his IP which was stupid. Pokerstars gave him the option of proving his innocence by sending his ID and have his friends send his, his friend refused to send his. I do believe this guy was actually lying and his friend was imaginary, and I would think that was pokerstars thoughts as well :D

So Pokerstars do let the person know what they are banned for and what they need to do to fix it.

To me Carbon looks very dodgy for banning without some sort of explanation. I myself have never deposited and played the private freerolls but I do play ring games on the money I have won so I am giving them some rake back :)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Pokerstars do let the person know what they are banned for and what they need to do to fix it.
No, not always. There are many reasons to have your poker account suspended or banned. The example you cite of an IP match is pretty common and easily sorted out, so it makes sense to give people a chance to explain themselves. There are a lot of other reasons that will cause Stars to take the exact same approach as was taken here.

Also, Stars doesn't care about IP matches, so there was something else going in the case you're citing. Many people register and play from the same IP.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dmorris is correct -- I have heard of numerous cases where players at Pokerstars were given the exact same response as Carbon gave Alfie.

And ip addresses are not an issue as long as you can show that you are not the same person - if they even bother to ask. My husband and I played from the same ip at many sites including PS and Carbon and were never questioned about it any site.

Q

Quasimodo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't find a phone #? Seems that you'd be able to find some sort of line to management. When and if you do, let them know there's a large poker community interested and waiting to see exactly how this turns out.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't find a phone #? Seems that you'd be able to find some sort of line to management. When and if you do, let them know there's a large poker community interested and waiting to see exactly how this turns out.

They are very unlikely to have a phone number and already know about this thread. Their decision is final. We can't judge them or him without seeing all of the facts which we will never know.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it still baffles me to this day why it happened....i only ever went on carbon for the cc games and one day i went to reg for the cc game and i couldn't get in......i thought maybe it was because i moved location and didn't update the profile settings but im still in the uk, so it couldn't have been that....very very strange to say the least....still think its because they knew i didn't put any of my own money in and just used their site for cc games...dont think any smallish poker company would take too kindly to that if they caught wind of it...maybe they've got ways of finding that sort of stuff out...who's put what in and who's not...get rid of the freerollers from the uk lol...who knows.....pretty crap though, coz i enjoyed the carbon cc game...that's life though, much more important things to worry about than a poker company getting the hump for no apparent reason.

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never deposited either and won a freeroll the night before they banned me

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

so my assumption isn't far fetched at all.....a few of the senior guys on here told me that it couldn't be that, but i had a funny feeling it was....only thing it could be.....sorry man, its crap eh....did you get the same bs emails too?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
.still think its because they knew i didn't put any of my own money in and just used their site for cc games...dont think any smallish poker company would take too kindly to that if they caught wind of it..

I'd say there's about ZERO chance of that being the reason.
I've played on MANY sites w/o ever depositing & ran up decent micro bankrolls.
ie. Carbon, I first signed up back in Jan.2008, cashed in my first game (a priv. freeroll) & over a period of time & just about 'only' playing priv. games & freerolls, managed to run it up to ~$1k

Years later I did make a small deposit & withdrawals.

It has to be something else Alfie. For sure it sucks though.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
still think its because they knew i didn't put any of my own money in and just used their site for cc games...dont think any smallish poker company would take too kindly to that if they caught wind of it...maybe they've got ways of finding that sort of stuff out...

They would have to ban most of the Cardschat members if they did that. It is very easy to tell who does that - but they have no reason to ban anyone like that, it would just be silly. You don't hurt the site at all and they need the traffic.

That has nothing to do with why you were banned.

so my assumption isn't far fetched at all.....a few of the senior guys on here told me that it couldn't be that, but i had a funny feeling it was....only thing it could be.....sorry man, its crap eh....did you get the same bs emails too?

It is still very far-fetched :)

I'd say there's about ZERO chance of that being the reason.
I've played on MANY sites w/o ever depositing & ran up decent micro bankrolls.
ie. Carbon, I first signed up back in Jan.2008, cashed in my first game (a priv. freeroll) & over a period of time & just about 'only' playing priv. games & freerolls, managed to run it up to ~$1k

Years later I did make a small deposit & withdrawals.

It has to be something else Alfie. For sure it sucks though.

This is true. Many (most) CC members have played at sites and never deposited and mostly played freerolls. Nobody is ever banned for that reason. It makes no sense whatsoever.

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well they should give you some good solid answers and avoid bs like this and my ban by offering good costomer support instead of being a holes and don't tell you shadooby when you ask and ask over and over again.therecostomer support is pathetic and by there responses they want you to chase your tail around in circles

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, not always. There are many reasons to have your poker account suspended or banned. The example you cite of an IP match is pretty common and easily sorted out, so it makes sense to give people a chance to explain themselves. There are a lot of other reasons that will cause Stars to take the exact same approach as was taken here.

Also, Stars doesn't care about IP matches, so there was something else going in the case you're citing. Many people register and play from the same IP.

Same IP is not same as MAC ADDRESS , you can play from same IP but Mac Address will be different because every single LAN card had unique Mac Address.

If you want to play multiple accounts on same pc then you are in big troubles.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same IP is not same as MAC ADDRESS , you can play from same IP but Mac Address will be different because every single LAN card had unique Mac Address.

If you want to play multiple accounts on same pc then you are in big troubles.
I know what MAC addresses are. For one, they're easily spoofed, so not reliable as a security mechanism. Two, many couples/roomates share a single PC, and that's not an automatic DQ either. It's always a good idea to let the site know when multiple people in the same household are going to play their own accounts, which I've done when my wife and I both played, and I've always been assured that it wasn't a problem as long as we followed the rules about playing at the same time and such.

For those and also privacy reasons (Europe in particular has much tougher privacy laws than the US, which is why Stars and most other sites stopped scanning your HDD for illegal poker software years ago) which makes me a little doubtful that the client is capturing MAC address and transmitting it to the site, since MACs are used to generate GUIDs/UUIDS and in some cryptography functions. And it's not coming in on the network traffic because MAC is rewritten for each switch/router hop, so your PC MAC never reaches the internet as part of the packet stream.

H

Hoptoit90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
keeping it simple..

yeah i'm not a fan of carbon poker - who does that?! My goto sites are cardschat for all my poker forum needs, pokernews for all my latest news, houseofcardsradio for all my on the go news, podcasts, etc and twitter, facebook and poker radius for all my social networking. It's that simple.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no wonder i got banned....i was such a mouthy little sh it.....but apart from that, i still dont know why...

maybe i'll email them again :D

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no wonder i got banned....i was such a mouthy little sh it.....but apart from that, i still dont know why...

maybe i'll email them again :D

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.