I get more support from my jock strap

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did they give you the money you had in your account back? As surely it does not matter whether you deposited it or not. It is still your money! May only be $12 but it is your $12

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon is THE WORST site. Consider it a gift...

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This really sucks....but you're from England, right? At least you can play on Stars.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might have some insight. I say might...

Last night I was on ACR in one of those pokefests. After I was knocked out by 85o to my AQs, I meandered over to BCP and entered one of the same on that site.

Coincidence? Sat me right next to the creep that knocked me out at ACR... Uh Ohhh. I dumped out of BCP when I realized what I had done.

Hope I don't get banned. It was an innocent mistake. A stupid one for sure. But innocently stooopid.

-

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did they give you the money you had in your account back? As surely it does not matter whether you deposited it or not. It is still your money! May only be $12 but it is your $12
yeah $12 but there is no chance i will get it back now...and even if i did it would take about a month lol

This really sucks....but you're from England, right? At least you can play on Stars.

from scotland zing :) and yeah i cant complain really but its still not nice getting banned for no apparent reason...plus i like playing with the cc guys, so its a game lost every week.

I might have some insight. I say might...

Last night I was on ACR in one of those pokefests. After I was knocked out by 85o to my AQs, I meandered over to BCP and entered one of the same on that site.

Coincidence? Sat me right next to the creep that knocked me out at ACR... Uh Ohhh. I dumped out of BCP when I realized what I had done.

Hope I don't get banned. It was an innocent mistake. A stupid one for sure. But innocently stooopid.

-

ive only ever just played the freerolls with you guys, never done any other game on carbon....keep all that stuff for stars/tilt....tbh i dont think there would be anything wrong with registering twice on different accounts on different sites....because its two individual games if you think about it....if you could only reg once on the skin using one of your accounts then maybe that would be different although im not sure how that would work either....nah i think you're ok with that one....would be good to hear other peoples thoughts on your situation, coz im just guessing here....which means im usually wrong lol.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I won't bother registering at Carbon after all. Their support is horrible. They just cut you off and refuse to talk about it any further. *shakes head in disbelief* Maybe I'm spoiled from PS support, but I'm convinced they'd never treat you like that.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I won't bother registering at Carbon after all. Their support is horrible. They just cut you off and refuse to talk about it any further. *shakes head in disbelief* Maybe I'm spoiled from PS support, but I'm convinced they'd never treat you like that.

yep, you definitely wouldnt get treated like that on pokerstars, im sure they would be happy to give you a reason if something was wrong and on top of that it wouldnt be littered with contradictory speeel.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon has a support thread with a couple of reps over on 2+2. They used to be quite active there and helped out people who couldn't get past the official support channels. You might inquire over there, I think Ryan was one of them.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this should be a lesson for you. dont play on those sites, pokerstars and now ftp which is own by pokerstars, are the most trustworthy sites, so IMO you shouldnt play on those sites.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So sorry to hear you are having issues with Carbon Alfie, hope it gets sorted soon :)

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i had a similar occurrence like 4 years ago at poker host ......i allowed an acquaintance to mark me as a friend....and when he did something bad on the site they banned me for being his friend...could a been a her ...i don't know the person.....
why i don't let ppl be my friends on these sites anymore

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i had a similar occurrence like 4 years ago at poker host ......i allowed an acquaintance to mark me as a friend....and when he did something bad on the site they banned me for being his friend...could a been a her ...i don't know the person.....
why i don't let ppl be my friends on these sites anymore

That's ridiculous, they banned you for what your friend did!

Have you got any friends on Carbon Alfie, maybe that is what happened there.

O

OniRyo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow makes me glad I never deposited on carbon. Now, I'll *NEVER* deposit on there. What a bunch of total bs.
If you know any lawyers maybe you can get them to contact them on your behalf - companies can ignore the customer but EVERYONE fears the lawyers ;)

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This makes me want to ban myself from carbon if you catch me drift

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not surprised that they won't tell you the reasons for the ban, I used to spend a lot of time on a MMORPG with a significant and long-running problem with gold-farming/powerleveling bots, and people who got banned for botting were never given a reason either. The rationale was that giving out specifics would enable cheaters to come up with new ways to circumvent the macro-detecting software, although I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the accounts banned had never cheated in the first place. I'm not a software expert by any means, but I really doubt that any kind of automated detection system has a 0% false positive rate.

Hope you get this straightened out in the end, but it won't be by going through the typical channels.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It looks like you are just going to have to accept their decision and move on. They are not going to give us or you any details - it is not up for discussion.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Though I do have 1 final suggestion - if you get no results from this I would then give it up.

Send them 1 more email - be polite. Link this thread and let them know that you and the forum feel like there could have been an error or misunderstanding in this case and could they please provide you with some details so you can have an opportunity to explain to them what the problem could have been.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Though I do have 1 final suggestion - if you get no results from this I would then give it up.

Send them 1 more email - be polite. Link this thread and let them know that you and the forum feel like there could have been an error or misunderstanding in this case and could they please provide you with some details so you can have an opportunity to explain to them what the problem could have been.

I agree with this especially with the polite part as being angry with them will get you no where, so hope they give you a reason and let you explain yourself :)

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man this sucks. I hope you get it worked out. Glad I play mainly at Bovada.

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading this makes me miss Pokerstars.. but I am in the US so dont have choice and play on these questionable sites. I made a deposit on RPM Poker and then they closed up and money was transfered to Carbon. Though when I made the deposit I counted as money gone.. Made the deposit becuase I had a problem in my live game and used playing on Carbon to figure it out.

Raving Lunatic

Raving Lunatic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alfie, Did you have money on that account? If you did, Are they going to refund your money? Or Did you just lose that money? Just curious about what happens if you have money and they ban you?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alfie, Did you have money on that account? If you did, Are they going to refund your money? Or Did you just lose that money? Just curious about what happens if you have money and they ban you?

He said he had like 12 bucks, and no they won't let him have it.

Again, as Debi and I have pointed out, once any site -- and this includes Stars -- concludes that an account is suspended/banned for security reasons, they do pretty much this exact same thing, which is to shutdown any further discussion, and confiscate all funds in your account. Now again I'm not saying their finding was legitimate in this case, only that once security makes a determination like this, this is the standard response across the entire online poker industry. Carbon isn't doing anything different from Stars or anyone else here.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He said he had like 12 bucks, and no they won't let him have it.

Again, as Debi and I have pointed out, once any site -- and this includes Stars -- concludes that an account is suspended/banned for security reasons, they do pretty much this exact same thing, which is to shutdown any further discussion, and confiscate all funds in your account. Now again I'm not saying their finding was legitimate in this case, only that once security makes a determination like this, this is the standard response across the entire online poker industry. Carbon isn't doing anything different from Stars or anyone else here.

Exactly. So those of you saying you will never play at Carbon again because of the way they handled this - you may as well not play online poker at any site cause this is how they all handle these situations.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard of accounts being closed and funds returned, but often times not. They reserve the right not return funds per their TOS (*ALL* of them have this in their TOS), but I suppose it depends largely on the specific situation and the discretion of the person handling the case.

Certainly in cases where cheating of some kind is suspected, you can pretty much guarantee they're aren't going to return funds that were very likely ill-gotten gains. Considering the number of fraud investigations and findings they go through it would probably be a huge slippery slope of legal liability if they weren't consistently draconian about it. Unfortunately I'm sure the occasional innocent gets caught up in it, and I can only assume that's the case here. If there's a silver lining here, it's that it didn't happen after Alfie binked a major cash but before he could withdraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.