Bad Beats

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i manage to get these all the time in freerolls - and i aint talkin no bonus for it either
the most recent one was this:
i was BB with 10,7 suited
nobody raised so i wasnt spending any more on my hand, i checked
the flop showed K,10,7 and i dont think any were suited
so i made a big raise, obviously
i think two called; one guy real quick so i was thinking he had a K and thought he had the hand
the other was just a dumbass and had nothin
then the turn was a 7 , again i dont think a flush was possible or i wouldve noticed
i went all in to either knock the guy out or get him to call and win it.
he called. real quik.
he ended up havin K,K and I had no idea cuz he didnt even raise in preflop
hehe this seems to happen to me alot
id ask advice but i think its just bad luck
ive decided not to all in so much ;)
i lose alot of tourneys that way

what are your worst bad beats?

Ione

Ione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChuckTs said:
what are your worst bad beats?
I don't know if this is a bad beat or not, but I feel very BAD about it!

8 players, I am sitting at 6.
I am dealt a :kc4: :10c4: . Not a hand I would normally play alot, but I was close to late position and felt I knew my opposition well enuff, and figured I was due.
I raised pre-flop.
3 players fold including the BB. The other 3 call.
The Flop: :9h4: :jd4: :qh4: .
Look what I hit on the flop... a KING HIGH straight.
1 player folds, 1 bets and 1 calls.
I raised.
The other two players called. (Should this have been a warning sign for me? One of them I had little respect for, and the other seemed to play well, but not all THAT well.)
Fourth Street is :kd4: .
At this point I'm thinking, someone with a 10 would mean we split the pot.
Both players check, I bet and they call. Neither of them RAISED me... which I would have done in their position IF I HAD a 10! So I figured neither of them had one.
Fifth Street: :kh4:
There are TWO KINGS on the Table, and I start to worry. When I look back on this, I know that if one (or even both of them) had anything they would raise me...right?
Here is where I made my fatal mistake... I missed a clue because online game turns are timed:
Player one folded. As I suspected.
Player 2 BET.
I raised...
Player 2 reraised. I called.
Player 2 won that pot... with a :6h4: :8h4: .

I missed seeing that there was the possibility of a flush! Here's where my downfall is with online poker: We have only a SHORT amount of time to figure out what to do, and I haven't quite got the knack for seeing ALL possible hands in 20 freaking seconds... I've resigned myself to that fact, and am working on improving that skill.

But what kills me... what ABSOLUTELY KILLS me about this hand is that Player 2 DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING until the river! S/He was in middle position with small suited connectors... 2 hearts flopped... S/He chased the pot all the way to river and GOT her miracle card... AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!! :icon_shak

What would I have done in her place?
In the first place, I would never have played low anything from middle position. Experience has taught me that I lose more hands than I win like this. The PROBLEM as I see it is that the FISH keep playing like this. Over the long run, they will also lose more than they will win... but there are more and more of them out there, and... and I'm losing to them!:icon_boun :mad: wah.

Ok. I'm done. Thanks for letting me rant.

*huge sigh*

Q

Quads2Win

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bad Beat

The worst beat i had was Pocket aces and the other guy had Ace seven and hecausght the running cards for the seven low straight

Q

Quads2Win

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
had a straight flush draw and i caught it 6,7,8 of spades was flop and i bet it strang and someone calledi had a 4,5 of spades so i went all in the other guy had a flush, hecught a 9 of spades and the had a 10 queen in his hand. I went all in and he called and he kicked me out with a higher straight flush

Q

Quads2Win

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't even tell you how many times i lost on pocket queens or better

Q

Quads2Win

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace King suited rarely evr works out for me i always get screwed

Q

Quads2Win

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Too Many bad beats for me

Ione

Ione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quads2Win said:
The worst beat i had was Pocket aces and the other guy had Ace seven and hecausght the running cards for the seven low straight
Shooter2002 said:
the worst bat i got.. is ... i had pocket A's , and went all in, the dude calls me with his 2 - 7. The flop comes 2 2 7 .. then J and the river 2.
EVERYTHING I've read says to raise when you've got hands like pocket aces. Since they might have marginal hands (like A-7), its best to get them out of the round as soon as possible. Right? Well, most players will fold if they've got crap cards... WHO CALLS WITH 7-2, the worst hand possible?!?

Inexperienced players do, and DAMNED if they don't get their friggin' miracles once in awhile! The problem is there's more of them than there is of us! --she said, hoping you all forget how new she is to this herself...*ahem* :eek: :rolleyes: :D

L

Lavitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK lost to J9o

Actually for this free roll the site hosted today I caught a bad beat. I come in late and find I have 1300 chips left from the blinds eating at my chips. Not that bad for being pretty late. So 15 minutes later I raise up a little past 3000 and am in second place throughout the tournament. I decide to play careful from here on out I vow. I wanted at least 3rd place and figured if I played serious enough it would be obtainable. Minutes later Im still around 3000 and discover pocket kings. Oh boy. Blinds are at 40 at this point and about 4 people have called to me. I raise about 340 and I get a caller. Joy. Turns out he has something like J, 9 offsuit. Ugly flop with rainbow helped lead to my demise as I bet my way into his hand and I even figured he had something because he didn't initally raise so that meant low cards were very possible. He pulled a straight, and I dont even think he used the Jack for it either. After I got eliminated I decided I should've stop betting, but why on earth would you call a raise with J9 offsuit?

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing with calling with bad cards is down to whether or not you believe you can outplay your opponent before the flop.

You have to take into account things like your position, their position, the size of the pot, the number of chips you both have. Then watch out for scare cards falling on the board and things like that.

Of course calling someone all in with 72o isn't at all sensible but again it depends on the amount of money we are talking about. If any of you read some of the poker blogs about then you will probably know that this hand is known as the "Hammer" and its often played out to win due to the fact it is the worst starting hand.

One thing you have to remember about hold em is that any two cards can win. Don't be surprised when they do. Aces aren't guarenteed to win, expect them to lose occasionally, bad beats happen, don't dwell on them. It can be a good idea to look back over the hand played out and see if you could have managed to lost less in it. Every hand is a learning experience, use them wisely and you will improve your game.

djnfinity

djnfinity

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my worst was to my bro in Texas, he had A7, I had A3, we both got A's + our second pair. I lost bigtime and didnt see it coming.

Ice76

Ice76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, not mine as I folded a 92o, but yesterday I saw QQ vs KK vs AA on QKA77 board. 3-way all-in, AA takes it home. Other two guys were shocked in disbelief, rest of the room was rolling on the floor laughing.

B

BgShoesAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the DUMBEST bad beats i had was opening table on interpoker freeroll, most were sitting out, so unfortunately just me and one other player heads up with is 99% time going to end up one of us going home.

So i get 1010, raise, he reraises, I reraise, then of course ALL in duh. Whats he got for magic hand? 910 offsuit.

999 flop.

Uh huh.

S

Snoopy17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting beat with 10 7 against pocket KK isnt a bad beat. Just a bad play on your part. Sorry man.

Y

youngbuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My worst beat had to be pockt aces against a 27flop 222 thats all nothing more to say i got wopped by quads

R

RussGriffith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost all of my money at a cash table like this:

I limped in with Aces in an early postion, one guy calls, and one guy puts in a pretty large raise. I, of course, re-raise, about three times the original bet, and the next folds over to the orignal bettor. He re-raises, and I go all-in.
AA vs. QQ.

Obviously, he got a set, and I lost my money. Grrr.

E

esok86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat

i lost with four kings, against four aces!!!!

400$

J

JamaicanYardy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i get bad beat atleast 45 times a day at noble poker, no bs and i always have the nuts when i go in although i still manage to build my bankroll

T

Thors1982

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man I was playing on Ultimate Bet

Had Pocket 99's

Flopped KK9, flopped the boat. This guy shoves all in, I figured King, so I called. I was dead right, King 2, so he only had 4 out in the entire deck..... and turned it the King

:-(

Just happened two days ago

T

Thors1982

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got from my best friends house...

he was playing a $35 tournament, and got Pocket Kings.

Flop was 10-7-3 rainbow, the other guy shoved it so he called.

He flipped over K8, and hit a 8 on the turn.

The River was another 8.

Worse beat I have ever seen, he was 99.7% to win that hand...... that was just aweful. Makes me sick and it wasn't even my money

D

daka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see everyones bad beats <medic!> and like the rest of you I've had similar experiences, they hurt, especially when AA, KK or AK tanks. But when a player on my table was playing crazy, all in everything, and winning, it burnt my a**. Finally called w/ with KK and had the stack to get rid of the player. KK vs. 3 8 offsuit, and still got beat grrrr. I was not the only victim of that crap, the player never, NEVER had anything that would be considered a reasonable all in call. Not sure what happened after that but WTF!!!!!! I chat w/ pro tonight though and it was his first time back to online poker in awhile because he was sick and disgusted with the ridiculous bad beats. So hang in there all what goes around comes around and the poker gods (lol) will be on your side again shortly!

sundown1234

sundown1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a game of chance

Bad beats are like crying over spilt milk they are good stating hands only
its luck good or bad i had pkt Ks flop is kka turn 7 river a lost 2 4 aces
bad beat or bad luck ???? u pick:cool:

L

leetodie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i don't know if this is the place to post, when it's beats but one time i had JQ hearts and on flop shows up 8h9h and 5h i think to myself, well ohh well... a flush, then this guy goes all in and i was thinking he doen't have it, the ace i thougt. There fore i called, then he has 67h and i get so f****** pissed, but on the river shows up the 10 of heart and im saved.

In that pot i won App. 500$ damn that guy was pissed, right after. And no Bad beat jackpot was there.