Any Smart Legal People Out There?

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just reviewed some information from Club Wpt terms of service and I am going to post it here and would really appreciate any feed back on this or how you interpret this information.

"odds, risk and fair play. You acknowledge and agree that the tournament sweepstakes are skill based contest that measure your ability to play poker and black jack and manage risk against the skills of others and that you are not likely to profit from this entertainment endeavor. The results of all tournaments offered on the site depend on the number of the players participating in such tournaments, precise odds of winning are therefore unavailable".

I will get to the truth about Club Wpt! I have reason to believe they are in fact manipulating the deal. I have outlined in detail why they do so in numerous other post I have made.

O

otela11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And it would not hurt me to execute a free robot otherwise there is no cache

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I read that, is generally gambling sites have a legal responsibility to publish fixed odds, in slot machines, roulette etc. In poker they can't give you exact odds because it depends on how you or others play, and changes with a bigger field. I'm guessing they may still legally need a statement.

As far as being unlikely to profit, in any tournament, more people lose money than win money (or in the case of freerolls, more leave with no gain than those who win) so every player, ignoring skill, is statistically more likely to lose.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing they are stating is that they are unable to give you any odds or prediction as to your possibility of winning. A pretty innocuous paragraph. Your claim about "manipulating the deal", is a separate matter which I feel may be more true then people realize with all poker sites.

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies! One thing I see consistently see on Club Wpt is they tend to set up what I call "doom hands" that's where based on the flop its nearly impossible to fold, example you get top 2 while flopping a set to another player. Most of the times this only occurs in Key hands or in High Level turneys, But there is so much more I could go into with this site as I have banked mega hours in there, At the same time I also admit I could be dead wrong but I trust my instinct and I have been playing on line poker for at least 15 years. Would love any opinions from anyone who has played a lot on this site.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my dear friend, I take it you are a novice poker player? point, let me give you 1 piece of advice. if you see a club where? in your opinion, there are controversial issues and there is a dark side just? go somewhere else. get out of there and keep your money.