To all CC members (admins,founders inc) HOME games. One club manager only please?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, there was several of us lastnight who played in a "home" game to test it out and must say it ran well and was good fun.

I just want to bring it to peoples attention just so it doesn't get out of hand with people creating clubs just to get a game going one night and possible future problems in regards to how many clubs people can sign up to (I think its 10 maximum)

TPB221 made a club "cardschat" last night and like I say, we had a few people play a tournament to test it out, 14 I think was the number of them.

The question I have is are the admins, founders or whoever may be in charge of this sort of thing, maybe the people who arrange the freerolls? I've got no idea so don't know but would like to know if there is going to be an "offical" cardschat home game which we could possibly get running most evenings if people want to play. I would enjoy it mind and would probably play most nights.

I just don't want there to be several different clubs as this deems pointless and most of all, you can only sign up to 10 different clubs in total meaning ideally I only want the one for Cardschat being an official one.

This way everyone knows where to go to see if a game is upcoming or not and people not getting confused and so on.

As far as I know you can create different people with admin privileges who can also then create tournaments should the club manager not be here and so on.

I ask for one club to be added, maybe even keeping the one TPB has created and add people who are trusted and so on to become game arrangers and could start a game up or whatever. I mean you could set up different sort of games and set a tournament or two twice a day and if there are enough to people in the tournament then obviously it goes ahead, if not then it just cancels but I think it would be a good thing to do but like I say I don't want there being all different ones here and there and filling up my valuable club joining space. Not doubt in the near future there will be different sort of clubs people want to sign up to and not be in a position where they cant!

I'm online most days so if anyone needs help with arranging games and so on I'm here for assistance. I just want some games going down as I've never actually had the chance to play in the CC freeroll games before.

It would be great if we could have some input from the god fathers who are in charge of this sort of thing,

Thanks.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Any current clubs set up in the name of Cardschat are not authorized by admin/staff (i.e. we are not in charge of them in anyway). We haven't discussed having a CC sanctioned Home Game Club. I will bring this to thread to the rest of the staff's attention so we can discuss.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, that's my own club and not CC. I made that so nobybody else could grab that name as I was one of the first to make a club.
I'm sure CC will most likley make one.
The funny thing is alot of us aready had the ablity to make private games.

Good Luck all.

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one problem about the home games is that each club can only have 50 people. If there is an official CC one, some who would like to join the club would not be able to.

Maybe this wouldn't be a problem, but I assume that sooner or later more then 50 people would want to be apart of an official CC club.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a strong likelihood we will be creating some clubs - please do not create any in the name of Cardschat. I doubt the name will be transferrable and now we can not use it.

If you want to create some clubs feel free - just don't use the Cardschat name please.

And yea - the fact that they are limited to 50 people is a huge issue for most of what we would be interested in using them for. But that could increase in the future.

I need time to research all of this when I return home.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't realize that they were limited to 50 people. That kind of blows.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, shame about the 50limit. Maybe poker stars might be willing to up this limit on request.. especially for poker forum clubs. I can't see why they wouldn't say yes, its more dollars for them in rake. I'm sure they will be making more money that way.

EDIT: I just contacted pokerstars in regards to these limits being lifted on some circumstances regarding big groups, IE: forums. I hope for a reply and will reply on here when I do and see what they say about it..

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are these real money or play money games? I was wondering as I noticed it was at .net, not .com

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
.com has them too

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are these real money or play money games? I was wondering as I noticed it was at .net, not .com

Either. You can set up a play money cash or tournament table as well as real money ones. They have made it both for .net as well as .com purely for marketing reason I'd imagine. If they can get people playing free games on the .net, then most likely they will have a number of clubs who will want to play real money and make that vital deposit.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you guys have to remember that everything is in a test phase with this, so thing could change when stars updates the software

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you can also allow different people admin privledges so if needed, tpb can pass over the name to our CC admin.

Looking forward to ram's update from Stars Support regarding expanding the player limit too.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had the email back..

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your interest in Home Games Beta.

Following launch, we will not be allowing requests to change the
parameters of the club. Rest assured, this will change in future and
through later stages of our Beta with our exciting new feature.

For more information Home Games please visit:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/faq/

Please feel free to contact us again next month, as we appreciate your
interest and are eager to help you make your Home Games club a success.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Tatiana A.
PokerStars Support Team

So like we thought, during the testing/beta stages it's not possible to get much of an answer or any changes. I'm guessing in the future they probably will up the limit..

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I have a cash game club only for cardschat members, currently running 3 tables ( .01/.02 NL Holdem, omaha, .02/.05 NL holdem) all members are welcome to join and play with other cardschat members cash game

You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.
- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com
- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 36690
- Enter my Invitation Code: cardschatcashgame
That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.
If you want to find out more, visit www.pokerstars.com/homegames

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a strong likelihood we will be creating some clubs - please do not create any in the name of Cardschat. I doubt the name will be transferrable and now we can not use it.

If you want to create some clubs feel free - just don't use the Cardschat name please.

And yea - the fact that they are limited to 50 people is a huge issue for most of what we would be interested in using them for. But that could increase in the future.

I need time to research all of this when I return home.

Names are on a approval from PokerStars basis only. If that doesn't stop anybody from using such a major site like CC's name, then that's really lame. What would be the point of name approval? To stop cuss words only? I sure hope PS is a better of a site than that.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one problem about the home games is that each club can only have 50 people. If there is an official CC one, some who would like to join the club would not be able to.

Maybe this wouldn't be a problem, but I assume that sooner or later more then 50 people would want to be apart of an official CC club.

That's not a problem. That's not what "Home Games" was not created for.

But I don't see why it would be a problem anyways. You just set up Cardschat, CC2, CC3, CC4, CC5, CC6 etc and group people together. Most likely by stakes played, having Cardschat be for the 50 highest stakes playing members of this site, then down from there. Or I guess, by activity on the forum, but I think stakes makes a lot more sense.

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see the point in trying to limit the number of clubs as long as there's not a lot of duplication in game times. You can choose which clubs you want to join, or resign from one if there's another one you rather play with and you're already in 10 clubs.

I just started a club to see if there are any others interested in late night (Eastern time) games as I'm not usually available during most CardsChat freerolls or forum games. So far there's been no response, but I just put it up tonight.

HoldemLady

HoldemLady

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this I am really looking forward to playing on a regular basis, I do have a question are these game going to be cash NL games or sit n'go/tournament type games. I hope so I play cash games sometimes I play the SNG/tournament games more. thanks

Michelle

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize the idea of these home games is to play regularly with people you know, my problem is I live in an area were poker isn't very popular for some reason or it could be I just don't know enough people that are into it as much as I am, with home games I am hoping to meet CC members and play weekly tournaments, I am sure eventually a CC club will emerge that suits both new and experienced members of the forum.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Side note to curly: you are aware, I hope, that CC spreads many real money tournaments throughout the week. The post requirement to play them is 25 and you have more than enough. They're a wonderful way to meet and play with members.

The weekly games are posted towards the bottom of the main forum page; for the entire month check the calendar.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this I am really looking forward to playing on a regular basis, I do have a question are these game going to be cash NL games or sit n'go/tournament type games. I hope so I play cash games sometimes I play the SNG/tournament games more. thanks

Michelle

Welcome

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Side note to curly: you are aware, I hope, that CC spreads many real money tournaments throughout the week. The post requirement to play them is 25 and you have more than enough. They're a wonderful way to meet and play with members.

The weekly games are posted towards the bottom of the main forum page; for the entire month check the calendar.

I read here on a thread that the minimum post requirements was 75 quality posts, I guess I better do more research, I was not aware of this at all thank you for pointing this out.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read here on a thread that the minimum post requirements was 75 quality posts, I guess I better do more research, I was not aware of this at all thank you for pointing this out.
The 75ish is for the freerolls, it is only 25 for the buy-ins.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this sounds stupid but I didn't even realize this forum had a calendar of events I feel kind of silly for not noticing that, I work 2nd shift at my job so a lot of my poker is played at around 11:30 p.m. CST nightly for about 2 to 3 hours, on weekends it's usually anytime after 8:30p.m., I'll keep watching the calendar for something I can get into to, Thanks again members for all your help.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also Curly check the get a game going section too.
Sometimes we will toss up some ring games or a sng to invade.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games