After seeing yet another online poker is rigged thread I want to ask this WHY?

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker sites don't care who wins or who loses and it's not worth it for these sites to manipulate games. I think a lot of players who lose use this excuse of being manipulated.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a thought. They don't have to rig every game, every hand. 100 hands out of 100.000 would be enough when the pot is large enough. And it won't show in stats either. Just saying.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a thought. They don't have to rig every game, every hand. 100 hands out of 100.000 would be enough when the pot is large enough. And it won't show in stats either. Just saying.
OK lets say they take down 1000 pots a day and each pot is worth $200 so thats 200000 so even if they could do that how does that add up to the 3,500,000 a day they take in honestly? Do you think they are going to risk 3.5 million for 200,000 extra? pokerstars is regulated even in some US states. If they were cheating they would get caught and lose 3.5 million a day. Just doesn't make sense.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK lets say they take down 1000 pots a day and each pot is worth $200 so thats 200000 so even if they could do that how does that add up to the 3,500,000 a day they take in honestly? Do you think they are going to risk 3.5 million for 200,000 extra? Pokerstars is regulated even in some US states. If they were cheating they would get caught and lose 3.5 million a day. Just doesn't make sense.

Didn't mean to sound like I know or believe they're doing it, but sice you've gone all hypothetical on me.. oh.. people have done A LOT MORE for A LOT LESS than 200k / day.

There are the tin foil types, who believe their hands are rigged while they're playing 0.01 / 0.05.. but then there are fighters, like you probably, who cannot entertain even the smallest possibility of foul play.. as if Christ Himself is the CEO of PokerStars (or any other platform). Really, moving your shop to the Isle of Man or whatever.. really shows you don't care about evey single penny you can get, right?

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't mean to sound like I know or believe they're doing it, but sice you've gone all hypothetical on me.. oh.. people have done A LOT MORE for A LOT LESS than 200k / day.

There are the tin foil types, who believe their hands are rigged while they're playing 0.01 / 0.05.. but then there are fighters, like you probably, who cannot entertain even the smallest possibility of foul play.. as if Christ Himself is the CEO of PokerStars (or any other platform). Really, moving your shop to the Isle of Man or whatever.. really shows you don't care about evey single penny you can get, right?
Oh I understand greed and I know it is possibe. I just don't beleive that a site that is raking in millions, is regulated, will ship you files and files of your hands which can be sent through a program to determine patterns and irregularities and is trying to get approved in more states would ever jepordize all of that just to get a few dollars more. Don't get me wrong I really believe 80% of people are a holes and would cheat their grandmother out of milk money. I just have to look at it logically and say what I would do if I were the CEO of Pokerstars.