itsmebobd

itsmebobd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D
Hey all,

Does anyone else play at ACR and hit the $10 on-demand freerolls? I know they prizes are weak, but I like that there is a freeroll running all the time so I don't have to try to "plan" around a tourney start time. The fields aren't too bad either, as they wont get past 600, but that dwindles down to under 100 rather quickly.

These tourneys are probably pittance to many of you, but I am enjoying getting back into the swing of poker. These little freerolls are helping me tune-up my game while allowing me to build the tiniest of bankrolls. I have played in some of the larger ones at other sites, but those fields are massive and I have not had much luck so far (for example, had a top 20 stack and ran KK into AA PF against the only player with a larger stack, oh well)

However, I have been fortunate enough to final table an ACR freeroll each of the past 3 days. The whole point for me is to make a little cash to play with, but to also build up my skills again. I know you can only build so much skill in a freeroll, but just seeing hands and running into situations is beneficial as I try to regain some form.

Anyways, kinda got off track there. Anyone else play in these on a fairly regular basis? If so, send me your user name and perhaps we can play a tourney together.

I play these often, username is ItsMeBobD ............ Let me know yours so we can play together! :) Im off at 5pm daily (EST) and always on the weekends with my best friend Vaporiser :)

M

Mityarths1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds good to me
Bcoz I played a lot of freerolls in my brother's 888poker
Is ACR available in india and Android becoz I like to play poker & chess on android
Tell me and we'll play together
:party:

S

Superman2102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in these quite often, but tournaments like these are difficult with all the "all-in" players. Congrats on making the final table so many times! That's actually quite an accomplishment grinding through these fields! Keep at it!

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have tried the free roll route on ACR. In general there are a lot of Push Monkeys and you are forced to pick a good spot to push into them. When someone is pushing 1/2 of their hands their range is very weak. You can fold and wait for a monster or decide to double up or go home.

ACR as late reg for the first three levels which brings in fresh money with relatively short stacks. If you have doubled up at least once or better twice, you can sling your big stack around and life is good. If you haven't there is very little chance you'll cash.

Once all of the sleepers and late comer short stacks are gone you can actually play poker for a while, but the blinds march on and if you aren't in the top 15 when it is down to 50 payers I have found it best to start pushing in good spots to chip up. Once it is down to 30 players the only fish left is me ;-} and over 1/2 are short stacked. It is now push fold time.

Oddly the final tables I have played were very good once the micro stacks washed out and it got to be 6 or 7 handed.

D

DesolateOne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
these are great when you first start on ACR to test out the site. A lot of variance in the early stages so it takes patience and a little luck

REALITYPOKER

REALITYPOKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing these and actually started a bankroll building strategy based on them. It is great practice and helps get a jump start for playing against fish in MTT's there are some good poker players that do get into these for the leaderboard value as well. If you finish in the top 10 on the leaderboard first place gets you a $55 tourney to sat into a live event and a $215 major ticket and 2nd thru 10th get the $55 ticket to sat into a live event. There is some real value in these if you can grind it out and try to make final tables all thru the week. I came in second on the leaderboard once and got close quite a few times over the last few months. It has been such a grind though with the payouts being so small for first you get $2.50, I would usually get bored and start 2nl early and eventually not have the right amount to outlast the early downswings. Luckily though I won some money on another site and will be starting a new revised bankroll strategy thru TRUE poker (Which along with BCP is on the WPN network and all sister sites with the same player pools) because the loyalty program will be better for me than the rakeback. :D Good luck in the freerolls.

ACR (RobbingUBlind)
BCP (HookLineSinker)
TRUE (RealityPoker)

Hope to see you there. :D

C

catfisher999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them occasionally. Usually go out after getting beat by 2 7 off. I then play too reckless trying to do the same.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After my long lay off from poker, this is where I started ACR and Black Chip. Both from the same skin which meant that if I got a bad beat early on to take me out I could simply log onto the other site and continue the same freeroll.
Started off fairly well with a win and final tabled 8 or 9 times. they are good as the field size is not too large and if you play well gives you a chance to make the money.
As others have said, not a big prize pool but has a tantalizing offer of tickets to bigger events. Have yet to meet anyone who has ever won one of those tickets lol.
Don't play them much anymore, but are a good way to waste some time if nothing else to do.
Next step, try out the frerolls at Full tilt, they give out 200 tickets to a weekly $250 and also the freerolls at poker stars. Much bigger fields at P.S and only between 64-72 tickets available to a $2000 tourney.
Managed a credible 6th place finish in one of the freerolls for a ticket at P.S.
Good luck in your efforts.

Last edited:
jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR

I have played them and maybe placed in one out of 10 I prefer BOL or full flush because the free rolls are higher BOL has a nooner free roll for 300 and than a 6 am eastern for 200 Full flush also has a 100 and a 150 free roll daily I also think that ACR in real money the tourneys are much higher buy ins than on other sites I like sites that have easy navigation this one does not work for me

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play at least one a day. Like you said I won't get great skills playing them but it will give me decent skills to start playing other games again

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are the freeroll leaderboards weekly or bi-weekly? For those of you who have tried, how many points were typically required to be in the top 10 leaderboard / top 1 on the leaderboard?

If you were willing to commit some time to it, it seems the tickets could be worth the effort. You can register for a new freeroll 30 minutes after the previous one started, so that gives you time to focus on building a chip stack before opening a fresh all-in fest, and they don't last too terribly long, so you wouldn't have to ever have more than 4 tables up at a time. Winning that number 1 spot for a $215 tourney ticket would be well worth one entire day spent brushing runner runner calls off....wouldn't it?

M

mastoidita

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play,i think it is a waste of time...is it very difficult to win the big ticket...not imposible...but very very difficult.. in my opinion.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a played about a dozen. placed 4th in one and won $0.95. for nearly 4 hours of play.

Probably not worth it compared to other freerolls for money. But they are frequent and fun. I sometimes use them for a little warmup before real playing for the frequency and freeness.

NateVest

NateVest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the levels/stakes you play. Its easy to make the leader board if you are a dedicated grinder. I know people that made it with no intention of doing so just for playing enough volume.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a great way to start a bankroll on these sites yummy:icon_spid

NisiLith

NisiLith

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on-demand freerolls

i would like them to start even every 20 minutes, to play at least 3-4 tables at once; it is good for warmup&training;

has anyone else noticed there are some lagiing periods on ACR?! sometimes they go away and the tables react faster...

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like they are gone, for the time being.Probably so people will spend $$

Tinfoilchef

Tinfoilchef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The annoying thing about them being gone is that their site and client both still have promotions for it. I spent some time searching and there's no announcement or site news about it at all. This morning they were running, tonight they're not to be found at all

Tinfoilchef

Tinfoilchef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And they're back. hopefully to stay

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy these though i prefer them 2nd to privately sponsored tournys as the 10 spot payout is tough. I run deep in these almost every time and have had 1st, 3rd, 5th, and several 7-10th, but i bet ive gone out in the 12 to 15 range 20 times lol.

You must avoid many a suck out to advance in these.

E

Ender70

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Finishing in the top 10 can be pretty difficult, but these tournys do teach patience pays off in the early levels.

GrindFreak

GrindFreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll to bankroll

I like playing $10 demand freerolls and it works out great! However, Its really not nothing wrong with playing freerolls as long as you work harder to all the way top places. It doesn't pay good, but as long as you grind very well to make some build your bankroll. :D

L

LuckyStarMax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 10$ freerolls is the best way to master the game, but it is too hard to win in these ones.

victoor_06

victoor_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a few of these and I won a total of $ 5 dollars, it's no difficult but you need a lot of time and patience

Freeroll Passwords