ACR/BCP Venom Series

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It refers to the size of your stack. We usually say we have so many Big Blinds...M refers to the cost of 1 orbit of the button...the antes and the big/small blinds. So if you have a stack with an M of say, 12, you have enough chips to be able to pay the antes and blinds for 12 orbits provided you fold all hands. It just gives you an idea of how much time you have before being blinded out. Dan Harrington started using it in the 1990's...he wrote 2 books that I just love, Harrington on Holdem 1 and 2. Some may say they are old and outdated. I don't think so. Worth reading for sure!!!
+1 indeed it's a key parameter for MTT's used by all pro's (and amateurs:D)

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Venom step tourneys have dried up. What is going on? I have four tickets for step 2 I can't seem to use because it never starts for lack of players.

Now I don't see any Venom sattys.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems they change the rulls for the Steps every week ... almost every day.
Now it starts with 2500 chips & 12 min/ blinds. & 1 steps tours before started every 2 hours now every 4 hours!

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Venom step tourneys have dried up. What is going on? I have four tickets for step 2 I can't seem to use because it never starts for lack of players.

Now I don't see any Venom sattys.

Yeah. Now you can play 2 ster max. 2 time per day ... coz there should be 180 plrs. to star the game...
All these changes don't make ACR more atractive ... vice verce !

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more !
Have you all already seen the loby? There is no any Venom tour on next Subday !
There is only 5 mln. $ Venom that will take place on 21 Jul 2019 !!!!

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am having fun with the Venom steps. They have changed the format again and again. But I am staying with it. See you at the Sunday tables.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could be a random guess, but with all the freerolls with Poker.org going on, they may be taking a few of the Venom freerolls away.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Got Step 3!

I finally got step 3 ticket venom,but I don't know when will I play because I go to the lobby and I see no sufficient players.

Attachments

• 20181211_172809.jpg
    20181211_172809.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 37
M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just chatted with BCP and he said the upper management changed it, how cute they were supposed to have these 1 million dollar games for the whole year, I finally get back into poker and grinded last week, have a $55 dollar ticket, and they change "ruin" the whole damm thing, BCP said only 1 tourney every 4 hours, and what! a 5 million dollar game that is 220 days away, yeah ok. Well since I just got back in a week ago, this is sure as hell fire way to get a deposit out of me, NOT. What a nice way to screw all your players or in better terms really piss them off. I was looking forward to those million dollar sundays. They could have at least gave players a warning, talk about bait and switch, that's not very trustworthy at all. Guy said I will have to talk to a supervisor to figure out what to do with my $55 ticket since they changed the game. guess well see what happens.

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Venom Steps......

I also noticed steps saying 250K starting chips and 2,500 are the starting chips... Not sure what ACR is experimenting with. :confused:

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..........and what happened to the Venom steps on the hour? Now they pop up????

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 4 $6.61 step 2 seats and 1 $215.01 step 5 seat . The $6.61 seat is the real pain in the ass for me , it fills twice a day as far as i can tell , around 9-11 PM eastern and 2-4 PM eastern . the 15.00 and 55.00 fill mach faster:). I'm waiting for a 215.01 to fill now:D . glgl

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Venom Freeroll Change

Like many micro-stakes grinders, I have been grinding the Venom steps on ACR. However, I took a moment to look at the final step, step 6, and noticed that the winners of that step are being placed in a $5,000,000 GTD tourney, set to take place on July 21, 2019.

Also, ACR has removed the hourly Venom freeroll of 3 seats GTD to the nightly $10 + $1 satellite.

It now seems impossible to get into the weekly sunday Venom tourney for free. Could I get some insight on this, possibly from an ACR rep? Is it still possible to fulfill the dream of getting into the weekly Venom tourney for free? Or are we all grinding to get into the bigger $5,000,000 GTD Venom tourney set for next July?

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

abtvah

abtvah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It keeps changing, and getting more though than it previously was.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m waiting on the same answers. I was expecting to see "The Sunday Venom" playing today but it is not there. Instead the $5,000,000 Venom for two dates in July.
What`s going on with "The Sunday Venom" ?

B

Bertie Wooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just chatted with BCP and he said the upper management changed it, how cute they were supposed to have these 1 million dollar games for the whole year, I finally get back into poker and grinded last week, have a $55 dollar ticket, and they change "ruin" the whole damm thing, BCP said only 1 tourney every 4 hours, and what! a 5 million dollar game that is 220 days away, yeah ok. Well since I just got back in a week ago, this is sure as hell fire way to get a deposit out of me, NOT. What a nice way to screw all your players or in better terms really piss them off. I was looking forward to those million dollar sundays. They could have at least gave players a warning, talk about bait and switch, that's not very trustworthy at all. Guy said I will have to talk to a supervisor to figure out what to do with my $55 ticket since they changed the game. guess well see what happens.

They probably envisioned losing $50K every week for a year. There are fewer sattiea amd the dropped the Saturday tournaments, but theyve gotta sell 2000 seats for that tourney... they wil step up the satties. They will still probably lose $$.

Save up those tickets, build them up that's what im doing

That 5 mil is going to be sick

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They probably envisioned losing $50K every week for a year. There are fewer sattiea amd the dropped the Saturday tournaments, but theyve gotta sell 2000 seats for that tourney... they wil step up the satties. They will still probably lose $$.

Save up those tickets, build them up that's what im doing

That 5 mil is going to be sick

Personally me, I'm very upset with this all changes about Venom tour.
The last one when they decline weekly Venom $1mln. That's terrible.
Of course every time they have a layout but people play it any way.
Better decition would be to make GRT 800k (instead of 1mln) in my opinion.

B

Bertie Wooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 4 $6.61 step 2 seats and 1 $215.01 step 5 seat . The $6.61 seat is the real pain in the ass for me , it fills twice a day as far as i can tell , around 9-11 PM eastern and 2-4 PM eastern . the 15.00 and 55.00 fill mach faster:). I'm waiting for a 215.01 to fill now:D . glgl

I sent them an email asking them to lower the Gtd seats and player requirements on step 2. 180 is nuts. How about 30 or 40 and guarantee 10 or 15 seats...let's go. Let's get these running constantly.

Totally agree about step2 never filling.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bummed about all the changes to the freerolls... I have enjoyed playing them the last couple of weeks on BCP. Had to wait over twelve hours to play in Step 2/6 just to bust out early. What can I say, other than I'm disappointed.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool step tournaments to the Venom but the step 2 to 3 takes the entire day what is up with that?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very disappointing. I was enjoying playing the hourly freerolls in addition to the Steps. Now I hear all that's left is a Step 1/6 every four hours... such a bummer! :(

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really bummed about the Venom on bcp

such a bummer that they basically ended the sunday venom games, those freerolls were so fun, just as a I got back into poker and having fun, and I get the rug pulled out from under me.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup. It's unfortunate. I still haven't heard why it was pulled. If you find out, please post it.