Abuse from players at GGPoker

U

Ujimiflip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
When I play a tournament on GG ($1/$3) I suffer the most horrendous abuse from the players on the tables. If I raise wjth AA bet,bet ,bet, get called and win a big pot from someone showing down with K 2 suited.. its followed with a egg in my face and a you suck emoji, then the whole table goes quiet with determination to beat me... I win pot after pot taking a good portion of everyone's chips and then someone makes a play in the small blind with junk against my junk in the big blind on high card dangerous board and shows the bluff after a big bet... then nearly the whole table laughs (apart from the exclusion bullies) like he made some great bluff even though my hand missed but would have lost to his overcard anyway??? WTF??? It's so petty!

So many narrsasistic sore ego losers typing/ throwing abuse and sticking together like birds of a feather.

You can't win, if I play tight and only play the best hands I'm called no skill just luck, if I make a mistake which in poker isn't too difficult then I'm punshished with ridicule.

I was in a $1 hyper on the sb with AQ suited, the Korean lady on the big blind called my raise and flop came xKx can't remember... I c bet hoping for a A but it never came and the turn came K and faced a big bet... took a while to fold and I eventually did and she showed 1 card a king.. so I typed AQ.. she said good fold... I said Never easy... she said always easy.. then turned into the poker police cursing any play I made after that... hammering me when I lost a flip with premium against premium... wtf is this all about??? Abuse after abuse...

Is it just me that doesn't have a childish narcissistic personality disordered, gas lighting at every opportunity?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat Ujimflip,

Have you noticed that there is the helmet mode in GG? You simply have to activate it every time you join a game. After that it is just peace and quiet.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im sorry this happened to u.

Maybe GG is not the place to play for people with thin skin.

Last edited:
U

Ujimiflip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat Ujimflip,

Have you noticed that there is the helmet mode in GG? You simply have to activate it every time you join a game. After that it is just peace and quiet.
Really? Where abouts is this helmet mode 🤔 I shall search for it next time I'm on thankyou.

U

Ujimiflip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Im sorry this happened to u.

Maybe GG is not the place to play for people with thin skin.
Maybe it should be not a place for people with bad attitude skin. It's OK though despite the grief I have zero tilt while playing because poker is not about how 1 hand went, its about playing a hand well win or lose and win over time. The only reason I'm here asking is really to understand why I'm picked on, I have mental disabilities and one of them is ADHD, and I get a urge to understand things. There is a saying if everyone is against you then you must be doing something right.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it should be not a place for people with bad attitude skin. It's OK though despite the grief I have zero tilt while playing because poker is not about how 1 hand went, its about playing a hand well win or lose and win over time. The only reason I'm here asking is really to understand why I'm picked on, I have mental disabilities and one of them is ADHD, and I get a urge to understand things. There is a saying if everyone is against you then you must be doing something right.
Just change the site if it bothers u that much. When i first started playing there i hated it too but i got used to it and now ignore all that stuff.

Helmet mode is on the table under "chat"

U

Ujimiflip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Just change the site if it bothers u that much. When i first started playing there i hated it too but i got used to it and now ignore all that stuff.

Thinking about I'm not the one as bothered. I'm curious as to why it is how it is. (Knowledge is power)The ones bothered are the ones who throwing eggs when their kings loses to aces. I do not tilt therefore I'm doing better than most I see at this level. Anyway I'm on every other site too. Thanks for the help.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a saying if everyone is against you then you must be doing something right.
Hi. I'm not proponent of the statement but doesn't matter. Obviously, if you're taking chips from villains, they wouldn't be happy & immature peeps could start picking on you. This is also to loose your focus & distract your game. In the poker table, I usually play to win & not to make friends. I do not care whatever the villains have to say as long as chips are shipped to my side.

Last edited:
Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thinking about I'm not the one as bothered. I'm curious as to why it is how it is. (Knowledge is power)The ones bothered are the ones who throwing eggs when their kings loses to aces. I do not tilt therefore I'm doing better than most I see at this level. Anyway I'm on every other site too. Thanks for the help.
U are not bothered? Ur OP reads otherwise, like someone who is really bothered.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Abuse is a strong word for childish behaviour...
(Also GG implemented that throwables so it can't be abuse )
As others mentioned helmet mode solves your problems.

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even though in that moment it mite feel like it`s about you it`s really not people are just trying to vent their own frustration or maybe they think they can tilt you..... and regarding dumb comments on mistakes you make at the table it`s the micro stakes most tables are one big mistake so don`t even worry about it just play your game the best way you can ;)

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This should be under settings to be enabled all time. But thanks a lot for this hint.

Last edited:
Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Really? Where abouts is this helmet mode 🤔 I shall search for it next time I'm on thankyou.
Start with the 3 dot bubble icon.
Helmet 1
one step is missing from my images but another 3 dot icon appears which gives you the view you see above.

Then just choose the helmet mode.
Helmet 2

GG doesn't really advertise this option cause they want everyone to have fun (what ever that means ???) :rolleyes:
I like the peace and quiet.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
There is certainly a lot of unfairness in poker, opponents call anything and find their flop and cause problems for good players, but it's still on the short turn.

Besides, if you make the right decisions and if you manage your tournaments well, be sure that you will be rewarded on the long turn.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
"Fun", such as above can be turned into a positive. It can indicate the the players mental state, and how they might react if you bet or make other actions.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't try to understand human beings (especially idiots -> 99% of all of them)...
...beyond impossible, the closer you get to an answer you'll regret wanting to know.

In fact, a large majority of players here on the forum are looking for and evolving not only in poker but in life itself...

But like any environment you will find people you identify with and others not so much.
So it's really something that's up to you to control because they won't change.

I believe it's an excellent test to form strong players... lol ...the frerolls available, as it will require much more patience and a balanced mindset than poker skill.

By the way, welcome...
ps: if by chance it was me who said something cute, forgive me! llll

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You suggest that the others have childish narcissistic personality but in your initial post you're suggesting 'the whole table goes quiet with determination to beat me'
Seriously? How are you able to assume that they are ALL out to get YOU?
Seems like a bit of projecting tbh.

And then you suggest 'You can't win, if I play tight and only play the best hands I'm called no skill just luck'
WHO cares what they say? Why put so much emphasis on this?

'The Korean lady' <<< How do you know this? Did you ask if it's a 'her'? Did they respond? Were they telling you the truth? Or was it an avatar that suggested it? (fwiw, I am male but more than one of the pokersites I play on, I use an avatar that is female and play with a name that is female).
Why would you tell her that you folded AQ? Did you want her to know how you play? Did you want her to see that You are a good player??? (or what was the purpose of it?).

I'd suggest not taking things personal. And just play poker.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I typed AQ.. she said good fold... I said Never easy... she said always easy.. then turned into the poker police cursing any play I made after that... hammering me when I lost a flip with premium against premium... wtf is this all about??? Abuse after abuse...
You are saying it yourself right here. If you don't like their behavior, why do you get into it ? Why do you snow your hands and start socializing ?
Play your game and stay focused, I don't see anything on GG tables that could be called "ABUSE" ! People like to have fun, that's all. If you are the only none "Childish" big person around, use the helmet option and post something more interesting....

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are always some assholes at the table, so I block the chat and that's it.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i wish they still had chat available on ACR ! its fun to do some trash talking on occassion .

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some people do it on purpose, just to wind others up and put them in a bad mood or on "Tilt". I personally hate mouthy players who try to intimidate other players and will try my best to beat them out of the game.
There is nothing more satisfying than to see these bullies taken down by other players, and bringing peace back to the table.

U

Ujimiflip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
You suggest that the others have childish narcissistic personality but in your initial post you're suggesting 'the whole table goes quiet with determination to beat me'
Seriously? How are you able to assume that they are ALL out to get YOU?
Seems like a bit of projecting tbh.

And then you suggest 'You can't win, if I play tight and only play the best hands I'm called no skill just luck'
WHO cares what they say? Why put so much emphasis on this?

'The Korean lady' <<< How do you know this? Did you ask if it's a 'her'? Did they respond? Were they telling you the truth? Or was it an avatar that suggested it? (fwiw, I am male but more than one of the pokersites I play on, I use an avatar that is female and play with a name that is female).
Why would you tell her that you folded AQ? Did you want her to know how you play? Did you want her to see that You are a good player??? (or what was the purpose of it?).

I'd suggest not taking things personal. And just play poker.

Sort your issues out!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i have chat disabled , so i almost never pay attention to comments . At acr i think there is no chat at all any more , thats better than it used to be . At pokerstars it is very easy to turn off chat or emoticons , and if you are abused and you send a complaint email to PokerStars they will do sth most probably

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When I play a tournament on GG ($1/$3) I suffer the most horrendous abuse from the players on the tables. If I raise wjth AA bet,bet ,bet, get called and win a big pot from someone showing down with K 2 suited.. its followed with a egg in my face and a you suck emoji, then the whole table goes quiet with determination to beat me... I win pot after pot taking a good portion of everyone's chips and then someone makes a play in the small blind with junk against my junk in the big blind on high card dangerous board and shows the bluff after a big bet... then nearly the whole table laughs (apart from the exclusion bullies) like he made some great bluff even though my hand missed but would have lost to his overcard anyway??? WTF??? It's so petty!

So many narrsasistic sore ego losers typing/ throwing abuse and sticking together like birds of a feather.

You can't win, if I play tight and only play the best hands I'm called no skill just luck, if I make a mistake which in poker isn't too difficult then I'm punshished with ridicule.

I was in a $1 hyper on the sb with AQ suited, the Korean lady on the big blind called my raise and flop came xKx can't remember... I c bet hoping for a A but it never came and the turn came K and faced a big bet... took a while to fold and I eventually did and she showed 1 card a king.. so I typed AQ.. she said good fold... I said Never easy... she said always easy.. then turned into the poker police cursing any play I made after that... hammering me when I lost a flip with premium against premium... wtf is this all about??? Abuse after abuse...

Is it just me that doesn't have a childish narcissistic personality disordered, gas lighting at every opportunity?
You said it yourself - play tight and stable and they can't beat you if they play that way. The only way to beat you is to let them crawl under your skin - don't allow them to provoke you in any way. I see the others suggested to turn helmet mode on, I don't know about GG poker, in pokerstars there is no such thing, but anyway - wherever you play, my advice is to stop paying too much attention to such provokations as this is only going to affect your play in a bad way (which is exactly what the opponents /unsecure narcissists :D/ want).