with 67 off would u call a preflop raise 30xBB

• Total voters
arkeymedus

arkeymedus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sat down at laddies a couple of nights ago at a 50c/1$ ring game and waited for the big blind before i start playing as soon as this happens i'm looking down at AA, one player raises it to 5$ another one calls and i raise it to 15$ the player who raised first folds and the other ones calls,flop comes over 773 rainbow,anyway i end up with all my cash in the hand 70$ and he has 67 off and wins a nice pot..Are these people on drugs,pissed up,or just plain dumb

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are the people who take advantage of implied odds.

Not that I'd suggest calling a reraise PF with 67, but hell if they can stack off most of the time, then it's not terrible.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey if im up in a session and i know im up against big pp unlikely to throw away on a low flop then hell yes coz if you hit your gonna stack hikm

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should only play against good players, you'll win more... er hang on.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you will eventually learn is not to fall in love with pocket aces. They are not unbeatable as you found out.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too late!!!

Like when I play poker, I did not take in all of the information. I voted no then noticed `never`:)

arkeymedus

arkeymedus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in future i will prob just slowplay them,i just dread to look down n see AA.
Implied odds by this you mean the caller holding 67 off recons he has a 50/50 chance of winning as only 2 of us were in the hand..

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a hand like that, especially with position, if you hit you can probably take all the chips of someone with a big pair so it is sometimes worth the risk. You can also easily got off it if it doesn't hit. It doesn't have to hit that often to pay off.

I also wouldn't advise limping with aces too often. Just improve your post flop play.

arkeymedus

arkeymedus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i could have gotten out of the pot but in my wildest dreams i never had him on 67

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in future i will prob just slowplay them,i just dread to look down n see AA.
Implied odds by this you mean the caller holding 67 off recons he has a 50/50 chance of winning as only 2 of us were in the hand..

Read the articles about pot odds and implied odds (I'm too lazy to explain in detail).

In short, he got terrible pot odds PF, but made up for it with money he won off of you later in the hand (ie implied odds, or the amount you can win should you hit).

Do NOT slowplay aces. What the hell is that going to accomplish?

wildwesdaddy

wildwesdaddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls you will get donks that will do this or if they have huge chip stacks they will it jsut sucks but what can you do its there chips to gamble:eek:

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always try to keep in mind that you have no control over the other guys actions. All you can do is play smart and try to give him bad odds to chase.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if we both have like 200-300 bb i will.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey

in this poll what is the difference in this pool between No and NEVER?

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens man. You cant count on people only playing AK and KK all the time. Otherwise theres no point to playing poker!

I sometimes call preflop raises with suited connectors and such, i won a big one against KK the other day with 52s :D (flopped a str8flush draw). I had 130$ from a 50$ buyin so didnt mind trying stuff out.

I think what happened with me happened in your case too.

I dont think hed have called the 15$ raise upfront, but he called 1st one hoping to hit, then you reraised so he got caught up in it, and hit big.

Btw he could have had say 33, 77, etc.... AA isnt a 100% winning hand, you dont have 2 put all your money in everytime with it.

Youve pretty much announced your hand preflop and if hes still there raising you, it should raise some alarm bells.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens man. You cant count on people only playing AK and KK all the time. Otherwise theres no point to playing poker!

I sometimes call preflop raises with suited connectors and such, i won a big one against KK the other day with 52s :D (flopped a str8flush draw). I had 130$ from a 50$ buyin so didnt mind trying stuff out.

I think what happened with me happened in your case too.

I dont think hed have called the 15$ raise upfront, but he called 1st one hoping to hit, then you reraised so he got caught up in it, and hit big.

Btw he could have had say 33, 77, etc.... AA isnt a 100% winning hand, you dont have 2 put all your money in everytime with it.

Youve pretty much announced your hand preflop and if hes still there raising you, it should raise some alarm bells.

This is the Gus Hansen way??? He plays this way really well. I can`t `cause I`m not good enough:(

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ronadadio i dont know what im doing with it either.

Usually its when im up over100$ from a 50$ buyin, and usually it ends up getting me back to around 100$ lol.

I think all around that kind of play has made me lose more than win, but it keeps things fun for me.

B

brettweiler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
someone else posted advice not to fall in love with AA. this is a valuable lesson i still feel like i'm learning. not to fall in love with hands and sometimes you're just going to get beat no matter how logical your playing.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You missed one choice,"Only if I was piss eyed drunk".

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30 BB isn't big enough to justify calling with such a weak hand (I assume you're talking about a standard raise of 3-4 x BB). Maybe if you had 200 BB it would be OK, although still it's a bit suspect because there will be better opportunities. If it's suited, it's OK with 100 BB I think.

EDIT: In this case where he's calling off 20% of his stack pre-flop, he's probably just drunk.

Last edited:
R

readandweep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big blind, and you only raised it by ten was it a limit game?
How much did the big blind have in his kitty?
Ok, he thought going well, I will look for another $10
Bang.. thankyou.... flopped another 2 x 7's
Let's go for it waiting on your move
Hoping another 6 will fall!!!!
Your thinking hoping another "A" will fall!!

Sorry that's cards.

SheltonL

SheltonL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to go on gut instinct's and really at a raise that size I'm sure I've taken it, but I wouldn't recommend it too heartily, although you do feel like a genius when you flop 4,5,8.

R

readandweep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds nice sheltonl

but how would you bet, knowing you have a str8 after the flop?
All in?
Check?
Or just limp in?

SheltonL

SheltonL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to say without knowing who you were playing. I mean I could say I would check, but if I thought I was up against smart players, or if I thought there was a chance of giving someone a flush, I'd perhaps value raise.

If I knew there was loose players I'd let them do all the betting and then just coast in with a re-raise.

It's hard to tell someone how you would play a hand because there is no set way whatsoever. In fact, I'd say the hand is secondary to the person you are playing against.

R

readandweep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
True.

But face to face another ball game

do you agree??