A poker dilemma

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How difficult is it to get away from an affiliate if you are getting screwed over by them? Are you always just at the mercy of the affiliate? (ie. let's say for example I sign up to a pokersite via a poker forum because they're offering $xx montly freeroll & some 'cash-added' weekly tourney (or something of that nature), then they cease holding these games. Am I left being stuck with them? (unless they agree to let me go?).
I'm not sure how it all works, hence why I'm asking here on this thread.

Also, it kinda sucks for players who are just getting started out online & are completely unaware of the ins & outs (ie. poker forums, etc.), have no clue about the large ass't. of deals out there, rakeback, etc. I know when I first began playing I had no clue (heard about my first poker forum while goofing around in a freeroll on AbsolutePoker) & I immediately signed up on a couple of the bigger/better sites & got stuck with Nothing! (only to discover later that there were a ton of different offers out there).

This is a very interesting question. There seems to be no way to find out who your affiliate is if you dont know, as is my case. I would also like to know any way to get more information regarding this topic.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very interesting question. There seems to be no way to find out who your affiliate is if you dont know, as is my case. I would also like to know any way to get more information regarding this topic.

Me too, for all the reasons mentioned. I've been wondering about this for a couple of years now and all the paths I've pursued have led to a dead end.

T

turtelliusshellius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think...

I think it all really depends on the situation. If you trust the guy then go for it because you can make some good money; however, if you feel the risk is worse than 2 to 1 then you are getting bad odds my friend. Just evaluate risk verse reward, opportunity costs, and how much work you will waste if he does screw you and make your decision from there.