Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many or perhaps what fraction of a blind do you start with when joining after 5 hours?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably 6-8bb or so, I registered about 4.5 hours into a 5 hour late reg the last couple of Monday's and think I had maybe 8 or 10 bb to start can't fully remember.

The 5 hour late reg tournies are a slow structure at least the ones I have played, and generally start with 10k stacks and have 15 min blinds maybe.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone that can play pokerstars tell me what there late reg looks like thees days? please?

Usually 1 hour for a turbo, 2 hours for non turbo and 2-3 hours for the promoted hot (its a turbo) & big (not a turbo) tournies respectively (like a 3.3$ 6/8kgtd ... I don't remember if its 6 or 8) and the big sunday events are 3+ hours of late reg.

Just thinking off top of my head.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
until 2 hr it's ok. 3hr yeah maybe. but 5hr is a craziness. the problem if these tournaments is that are quite slow and after all you have to live a life you can't spend a day in a tournament.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that is the online way, always trying to be fast.
But the rapid blinds do take away from the real poker.
Compared to Live tournaments with less players that can go on for a few days, I suppose these are still quite fast.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long late registration killing MTTs

I've been thinking about this for a while now. These long late registration times are killing MTTs. I saw one the other day that was 4 hours of late reg...that's insane. I think late reg should be 15-30 minutes. That's it, that's all. If you can't make it on time, you don't play. These long periods are unfair to the people who register on time. Because of these insane late reg periods, I've been playing less and less MTTs.

What do you guys think about these insanely long late reg times? Do you have any ideas to fix it?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you that the 2-3 hours late check bad. But the hosts poker room will not receive objections from igrakov. It is not beneficial to them. If it is possible to agree on the Internet with poker players. Post a cry in all the forums to make this tournament a boycott....

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya. although i played a tourney yesterday it had 2hrs lat reg. i had built up a nice stack then about ten mins left. a bunch of new players joined sucked out on me one after another.

i end up going out right after late reg ended 2hrs of play for nothing. thats the part i dont like i basicly played a full tourney before the tourney even started.

Oh well better luck next time

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably 6-8bb or so, I registered about 4.5 hours into a 5 hour late reg the last couple of Monday's and think I had maybe 8 or 10 bb to start can't fully remember.

The 5 hour late reg tournies are a slow structure at least the ones I have played, and generally start with 10k stacks and have 15 min blinds maybe.

Not even close. When you reg at the end of a 5 hour late reg, you get about 1.3x BB

NANUNANU

NANUNANU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id rather see 5 hours of late registration then see tours not cover prize pool. Reason why WPN is so reliable is because they cover prizepools. If they didnt they would be another equity or merge network.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id rather see 5 hours of late registration then see tours not cover prize pool. Reason why WPN is so reliable is because they cover prizepools. If they didnt they would be another equity or merge network.

I'm sorry, but that is just stupid. YOU are the player. YOU actually WANT to see the entry fees < gtd. It's called +EV. Used to happen plenty back in "the good old days" even when like ****ing 8000 people would play in a single tournament because it was so popular they could do a $1 + 0.10 freezeout Million Dollar Guarantee and sometimes hit their mark.

I mean, obviously, I am being a little facetious, but your post was pretty ignorant.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not even close. When you reg at the end of a 5 hour late reg, you get about 1.3x BB

He said he reg'd at around 4.5 hours which is 6 bb in the 10K GTD. Which is one of the 10K starting stacks with 15 minute levels as he mentioned.

And at the end of 5 hours you get 4bb's not 1.3x in those games.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Since when is 10000 / 1200 = 1.3?

25 levels of late reg @ 12 min each = 5 hours of late reg

c0d96c644acafc67de5c54072e543280.png

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He said he reg'd at around 4.5 hours which is 6 bb in the 10K GTD. Which is one of the 10K starting stacks with 15 minute levels as he mentioned.

And at the end of 5 hours you get 4bb's not 1.3x in those games.

That's completely off topic of the events we were talking about, so not my fault for seeing specifically what he was talking about.

A

alt888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Trust me - they have some amazing bean-counters who have figured out how much and how long registration would be. If you'd like a particular kind of tournament, try to always play it and support it. Online or B&M. Rebuys and re-entries are not my favorite style, but for the many reasons listed above by others, I generally budget 3 buy-ins plus add-on.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that the 2-3 hours late check bad. But the hosts poker room will not receive objections from igrakov. It is not beneficial to them. If it is possible to agree on the Internet with poker players. Post a cry in all the forums to make this tournament a boycott....

I get that, but it's short sighted. They get more money now, but in long run they'll lose more players, because it's not worth it to start a tournament when it actually starts.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me too, very annoying late registration 3 hours!!!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this tournament I would play only on the ticket which must have nothing to do. Since this tournament a minimum of two days, well a very long time so I do not have.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
G

Gump877

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IF its a decent buy-in and felt like playing for 6+hours thes tournaments or ok, other wise just a waste of table space and time.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You guys are so funny.

So if OP makes a post "I like cats" and the Subject could even be CATS...

But then it goes on for 99 pages with every other post being about dogs and how much they love them...

It's like you're coming on here saying "this thread is about cats"

Show me where the topic changes to tournament structures where you get 1 big blind? Also bluff very clearly mentioned the specific tournament structure he played for 6bb's in his post.

And even if you were correct and the topic did change let's use your argument:

You're saying that if a topic is about buying in with 1.5bb's and someone makes a post about a structure with buying in at 6bb's. It's like you're coming in here saying this thread is about the structure of 1 bb.

I'm not going to argue about this anymore. This is the most ridiculous thing to argue about.

i was looking at the 10k tourney 10+1 on ACR. I noticed the late reg is 5hrs long lol i think thats a bit much and ridicules.

whats your thoughts you guys like that

How many or perhaps what fraction of a blind do you start with when joining after 5 hours?

Last edited:
supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well my final thoughts after busting just after another 2.5 late reg is maybe im not cut out for the late reg style of tourneys. luck keeps taking me out before payout and wasted 3hrs about playing no thanks.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too, very annoying late registration 3 hours!!!

Yeah, I mean i saw one the other day that was 4 hours!! It's absolutely ridiculous.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the bottom line is this--5 hours of late registration is the only way to meet the guarantee numbers. The guarantee numbers are the force that drives higher traffic and more fees. The big guarantee is like a Broadway marquee for tournament players who may not be educated on tournament structures and the ramifications of different variations in structure. I am one of the many who dislike the structure of the majority of acr's mtts. The length of the late registration periods and the insanely high amount of payout spots are the two worst things. Some of these tourneys have very few actual winners. Many of the people who are getting the bottom (and top) payouts re-entered 9 times. Some of the structures influence play so greatly, it's barely poker.

Edit: The bright spot is that there are many tournaments,especially the ones with HUGE ADD ONS, where registering at the last minute isn't a bad strategy. It sure saves a hell of a lot of time, and you'll go farther probably 40% of the time anyway. No early bust-outs. I've entered tourneys late where 3/4 of the players are gone as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.