What could artificial intelligence do to online poker?

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think artificial inteligence is dangerous for online poker. There are many opportunities to people to cheat the system.

P

Philwalmsley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well don’t know about you guys, but anyone been asked..while your playing if your a bot? Maybe just me but I’ve been asked more than once! So maybe if just in our heads ��

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree.
If bots continue to enter poker, the industry is likely to lose credibility.
Players will no longer trust the industry and will simply stop playing.
Is the end of poker

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be fun playing against AI. They would always be available and I wouldn't have to wait for real people to show up.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will be similar to what happened to chess. I.e. Not much changes. The game just evolves to a higher level.
As with chess, players will be fearful that players are using poker programs in the background to calculate the correct move.
Similarly with chess, players can study GTO poker more easily and thus improve faster.

Just because bots were made for chess (that can beat the top chess players)...it did not mean the end of chess. Same with poker imo. It's just evolution

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo, anything that's manmade, man man create something else to neutralize it.. & @ the end if the day it's a game of variance & algorithms can be exploited just the same..

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Artificial intelligence and all these bots are taking away the essence of the beauty of poker. Unfortunately nothing can stop man's uncontrolled greed.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What could? You mean what does. There's ai bots for long time in online poker.
pokerstars and mostly all of the big poker Apps has given back money to players that was ripped by such things and the guys who used ai bots now are banned from online poker, but ofc there's yet lots of them who weren't been caught.

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As mainly an online player, this actually worries me some. Unless sites develop efficient countermeasures to detect and get rid of ever more sophisticated bots, I can see a scenario where the impact of bots hurts players’ trust in the platforms enough that it is not a viable business anymore (as others have said, it’s all about the bottom line). Poker as a game will obviously survive and be fine, but maybe the future paradoxically is a return to live games - or a migration to whatever new kind of gaming platform might come along...?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point, AI will beat humans at poker. For example, at chess, stockfish module was the best bot for years (much better than the world champion), and then some AI bots appeared and kicked its fishy ass. Poker is much more complex, but with probability and statistic information about players these beast will become unbeatable some day

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a not too distant time it will no longer be possible to play online poker because bots would be insurmountable and the big internet monopolies would not hesitate to continue making millionaires against humans a very good question with a sad ending for us

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this why I play online poker to play with bots? It's misunderstanding

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the end it will be Bot against Bot.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember a decade back when people used to say that there could never be an AI poker bot because poker involves bluffing. Times are changing fast.
Wasn't it 10 years ago that the PS was involved in an unpleasant situation with bots?)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Artificial Intelligence is a big problem for online poker. I believe that poker rooms should develop a mechanism for identifying real players, such as making video rooms. Or you already need to develop a poker training course "How to beat AI":D:D:D

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wasn't it 10 years ago that the PS was involved in an unpleasant situation with bots?)

Could be! (I haven't looked up any info regarding this, but it doesn't surprise me at all.)

My guess is there will ALWAYS be an ongoing battle between poker sites and bots. The task ahead is to stay ahead of the technology.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could be! (I haven't looked up any info regarding this, but it doesn't surprise me at all.)

My guess is there will ALWAYS be an ongoing battle between poker sites and bots. The task ahead is to stay ahead of the technology.
Here is a clipping from one of the articles on one site in 2010

"But now another scandal has surfaced related to poker bots, and even in the largest poker room — PokerStars. Fuel to the fire was added by the fact that during the scandal that broke out on the largest poker forums (including twoplustwo.com), the bots continued to play, or rather work. The PokerStars administration did not take any action for a long time, eventually stating that They were conducting their own investigation. They won't tell us exactly how it happened, but their programmers and access to any statistics for some reason lost speed to a group of users who relied on open data on the Internet (pokertableratings.com).

And it all started with the fact that the user "malloc" on the forum twoplustwo.com stated that he found 3 PokerStars players with the same game at the same rates. They changed tables through the same number of hands. Of course, the thread instantly became the hottest on the forum.

Three bots played first on NL200, then on NL100 and NL50, while remaining in the black at all limits and gaining a solid rakeback.

And while poker fans were rummaging through the statistics, the PokerTableRatings website managed to make an official statement by publishing the names of 10 PokerStars users suspected of having no heartbeat and other shortcomings of artificial intelligence.

They played a total of 8,320,121 hands at THE nl50, NL100, and NL200 limits, generating $186,572 rake and receiving $57,839 profit (excluding vip bonuses). At the time of this post, all 10 players were continuing their offensive on PokerStars.

Their name:

7emenov bakabar craizer
mvra nakseon kozzin
demidou koldan Daergyfeidmanis"

girts87

girts87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think , that most of poker sites have system, where bots or people who use only calculations will lose ..
chill out.. poker isnt chess

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard that AI poker already beat best poker players. As online chess sites, if there's no monitor systems it can cause many troubles, I think.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could have poker bots that use graphics recognition intelligence to read the cards off the screen without the poker sites ever knowing that they are there. It could definitely be a threat.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AI is unfortunately both good and bad for humans... Either way I think in the end it doesn't look good for the human being.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Bots will be created, implemented in the rooms and take some of the money from the players. It is important that their share at the tables is so small that it does not harm the industry. This is a function of room managers. Players can only detect the bot and try to find its weaknesses, and it is better to avoid playing with it at all if there are serious suspicions.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
artificial intelligence is far superior to humans and its appearance on poker sites has a very detrimental effect on the poker industry and in particular on humans.

S

sultan_beast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Artificial intelligence, such as the Autobots interfere with the regular live players to play online poker. I have heard that bots can be identified by certain factors: the time for their turn is the same, the range, inactivity in the chat, etc. But that doesn't mean they're invincible. You can beat anyone) Many regulars make good use of machine errors and know how to beat them. The good news is that developers are fighting them and banning bots on poker rooms.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AI in online poker will make it to where there are a small group that is profiting. That's why I play live poker. That was until the virus :(

Poker Tells