Vanessa Selbst retires from poker

Savage Sunfish

Savage Sunfish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has been very good to her.

If she wants to stop or try other things...that's cool with me...however... don't try to make it a seem like a personal crusade or some sort of enlightenment and that you are leaving for a higher purpose.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably she found herself in another industry. the main thing that a person would like what he does.

jhunnyorcruz

jhunnyorcruz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rare to see a player at that level, enjoy retirement.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all have a cycle in this life, there are those who have fun with something 5 or 10 years, but then we look for different things that add meaning to life. I think poker is not the exception, there are those who left it for more important details such as god and family.

V

Vinivs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to hear that, didn't know. I used to like her poker style..

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
He will be missed.
Great comment, dude. It reminds me a joke from Silicon Valley TV show when people tell Erlich to make a photo with Steph Curry and he says something like 'Sure, if I meet her'.

I will miss Vanessa indeed, she has guts.

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is she retiring for good? Or is she just leaving poker stars team pro?
Cause there are others which are leaving this team pro nowadays ; her, Felipe Ramos, Jason Mercier, Elky Grospellier..
What is happening with pokerstars?

Eric_A

Eric_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched a lot of games Vannesa Selbst , but I not when did not like her style of play , but unfortunately professionals also leave the poker

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looks like she's back.

Event #44, $10k Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw

Attachments

• VS 44.jpg
    VS 44.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 23
Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow

Wow, I hope she changes her mind. She is fun to watch play poker and of course a hell of a player.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yet another player who announces they are retiring.*
* but not really

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“That was really fun for a period of time in my life,” Selbst wrote, “but as my late 20s turned into my early 30s and my priorities changed toward building a stable home and community and starting a family, the constant travel is no longer tenable.”

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, at a certain point money becomes no object and you really have to take a look at quality of life. Definitely a respectable position to have, not like there's really a "Super future" to think about when you have the much money, just enjoy it.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
out of the game

they always come back in boxing and poker !

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw an interview she just gave the other day couple of days ago. I think I saw it posted on Facebook. It was a pretty good interview. She's basically coming back just to play two things she said in this year's wsop and she's doing it basically for fun and charity. She said she hasn't played any serious poker for over a year now. And she's working for some kind of hedge fund... should be fun to see her though she is always fun to watch playing poker.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to hear a great player retiring. But wow she manages to work on hedge fund, she is really talented.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Obviously don't know her in real life, but on tv, she comes across as a huge jerk. No respect for that at all. And while shes not awful by any means as a player, I also thought her reputation was vastly overrated.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vanessa Selbst Retirement

Hi All,

did she not retire once before with a grand announcement, i think it came off a bad beat too...

I am not sure on this but she is a great player..not one of the best in my opinion, but a great player who deserves respect for her achievements. I never warmed to Vanessa as i felt she was always a few hands from blowing up - quite temperamental and a player who was quite a sore loser at times.

Good luck being a lawyer Vanessa..i can see you succeeding in the courtroom

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker players don't retire from playing poker.. They just take breaks.