cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
she may be going through a difficult phase in her career, but talented at the tables as she is believed to have soon found a good way

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
SAd not to see that beuty playing poker. I am sure she has many other options!

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
she is retiring from poker because she claims that poker has changed a lot these years and poker has become now more a mathematical game than instincts-based game
What? All she talked is about math if someone asked in the interview about the hand.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She is fun to watch- her even tempered personality is one of a kind. Hope it's just a rumor.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't like her, but I agree 100% with her interview

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never was impressed by her. Classic example of a knowledgeable player who went on a heater, then thought they could run everyone over.She made so many non gto blunders, mostly involving her zero equity bluffs, and thin overbets. Matter of time she would be busto. She can come back to poker when she learns to fold a few more hands.

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would not doubt that she is in a hole and decided to pursue other things she is a smart person I think she a law degree if I am not mistaken. Her aggro play leads to very swingy results. Unfortunally luck finally runs out one day.

A while a back I saw her on tv once stick a quarter mill in with J5 preflop against a pretty solid player it may have worked if he didn't have Aces.
That was against pralad Freeman.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
And Pralad would have folded ANYTHING but AA or KK, and the nit that Pralad is he would have tanked forever with KK lol

He played like he had Aces. That should have been and easy read. I think he bluffed her the hand before too.

Just one example of many times she has blown big stacks.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
she has a career on poker and wants to quit ....she must be really dissapointed .Also she doesnt want any more to promote online poker ,one of the poker pro team on PS ..i admire her for her honesty and maybe she needs to do other things.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“I can’t tell amateurs they should come play online and it’s beatable for them when I don’t feel like it’s true,” she wrote.

This a very telling quote and it mirrors how I, a nobody in poker feels. Additionally, from my perspective I think there is some rigging to the online poker “random’ software that ultimately benefits the house. Ultimately I think playing higher stake tourns online less frequently as practice to their counterparts in live action is the way to go. in the meantime whether rigged or not their are software poker designers and owners who have inside information and have access to the tables where as they should recuse themselves publicly. What do we really know about a deck of modern day playing cars – a lot, the software, not so much.

Too bad online is fun and convenient, and one could play multiple games simultaneously. I’m playing in recent weeks my best online poker and I feel a great discomfort that these companies and software designers could easily quash if they were transparent.

To ACR & BO :reddy:
(Comment I wrote in the CC News article comments, copied here with added mooning to my poker sites)

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She probably has other plans to work or occupation to do.

After sometime if she wants she can always come back.

Enjoy it !

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vanessa has seen alot of bad beats in recent events, especially last year wsop.What I totally understand is her getting tired of all the traveling she and most grinding pros have to do.

Fedor Holz explained his departure from poker similarly;
he has never stayed in one place for more than a week the last 2 years.

Last edited:
David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's always doubt regarding integrity at poker sites online. But we have to trust that they are properly regulated or simply just do not play on them.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredible player and ambassador. I was lucky enough to play vs her and know her.

Will crush her hedgefund path as well im sure.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fbf71fe41c587803ca860177f64e4b83.png

R

roadmanraja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see a female player carry out aggressive plays like she did on the table...Isildur almost comes to mind but I think she didn't choose her spots wisely at times and you can't ride on 'instinct' long-term.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
travel from one place to another for game sounds like the real reason for player, and frequently travel by air is very tired for professional player , think esp for female.

wish her best luck.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good interview! Vanessa has moved to another level in her life. This is normal. Apparently she does not have enough time for the things she also likes. I think so

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She was one of the most aggresive player among all profesionals..It was fun to watch her performance in highrollers when she do some crazy overbluffs ..sad to hear that...but i think she will come back one day

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She may join the Cardschat freerolls now, I bet MTCash and Dougpkrmonsta would still cash in more than her.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She just wants to do something else in her life