Truth or lie?

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is probably an advertising gimmick to get more weak players to put money into pokerstars in hopes that someday they might be a "winning loser". HA

J

jmb0324

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it wasnt for the losers there would be no winners. Lol

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be true. It is interesting to encourage losers to lose more.

R

Ruber07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it's rather complicated to say this or that, whether it's true or not. But that is strange I have no doubt. It would have to be well investigated this history

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worse than Breadsticks did not hear ...
Horror...
You know the player's nickname and still ask stupid questions ... it's just that ...
And anyway, no one saw this freeroll in any pokerstars!!!

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
False, Pokerstars aint giving away a free 50k without letting EVERYBODY know, would make sense if as an advertisement but I seriously doubt it.

Shuler21

Shuler21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its true . Stars have big money for promo.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not heard about it .I don't believe

keokeokk

keokeokk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well ... I find it difficult to have a tournament of this type, but I also do not believe that it is impossible to happen ... Poker Star Poker has plenty of it, but I think it would be difficult ...

J

JessiPinkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, yes, it is a marketing idea, on of it they had earn more than they lost , but by that small loss affluence will be .

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was he named "Legerr" on WPN ACR??? That is the biggest loser I have ever sharkscoped after more than ample sample size.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and that he lost? or how much he is a minus player?..for what services did he receive this ticket?

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Has anyone considered contacting PokerStars to verify this post, the event? Maybe if we had a true investigative journalist here we would have the answer. But then, if they worked for the Washington Post or the New York Times or CNN, some people would just call it fake news.

Big time losers get comps and points. Why would PokerStars host a non-advertised event for big losers?

If they did have such an event, then they should advertise it: "GET YOUR TICKET FOR THE BIG LOSERS FREEROLL TOURNAMENT. BETWEEN TODAY AND THE END OF THE MONTH, JUST LOSE TONS AND TONNES OF YOUR CASH TO GOOD PLAYERS AND WE WILL GIVE YOU A TICKET TO THIS SPECIAL EVENT. DON'T BE SHY. BET THAT 7-2 OFFSUIT AS OFTEN AS YOU WANT. WE WILL REWARD YOU FOR BEING A DONK." :D :D :D

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Rumour or Fact?

OK, I just emailed PokerStars and requested a response. Why are we debating whether or not it is true. I will post the reply here.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
PokerStars Response

As promised, I contacted PokerStars about this rumoured tourney.
Here is the response:

"Thank you for your email.

Please allow me to clarify that PokerStars would never categorize players into winners and loosers. That is completely offensive and would go against everything PokerStars stands for when it comes to customer service. There has never been a game called "loser-only" freeroll. Again, PokerStars would never refer to a customer as a loser.

We do not keep track of how profitable or unprofitable an account is. All of our players deserve the same treatment and respect from our staff regardless of their outcome at the tables.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sebastian Peralta
Stars Support"

Let's hope this puts an end to this silliness.

Tihiy2017

Tihiy2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not have refused to play in this tournament)

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
False

This "Loser Only Freeroll" was discussed in another thread. I contacted support@pokerstars and they responded that there is no way they would hold such a poker tourney.

I cannot remember the thread where I posted PokerStars response.

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard of such a freeroll for losers
Play several freerolls for quite some time
Send a link to this forum, because I'm curry to know more about this story

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing amazing, hundreds any all-in shutouts of the lotteries carried out, and there's a Freeroll at 50K lol

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that I have not heard this. It would be good if Pokerstars also has promotions for losing players or players who have been playing on their platform for years. Most of the promotions are focused on the new players and it would be good to have an interesting promotion to increase or generate bank in the old players and thus be able to have more income

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crazy anyone can believe this