D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For the first time Triton stages an event in Vietnam, at Hoi An just south of Hue.

The first Tourney was a $25K NLHE...initial stream attached below as well as a schedule of events. Hard to follow live as Vietnam is 12 hours ahead of the US East Coast but I am sure the streams uploaded to YouTube will make for some great watching.

Many of the usual suspects attending - Fedor Holz, Steve O'Dwyer, Patrik Antonius, Sam Greenwood, Jason Coon, Adrian Mateos, Michael Addamo etc. etc. etc.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Nice Location - but not my league :))))!

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As always I am enjoying the Triton HRS and looking forward to the next das 😄

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wow.

Pretty much a sensational start to the first $25K NLHE tourney, A record opening field of 166 entries and reentries. Chris Brewer, Seth Davies, Nick Petrangelo, Michael Soyza and Webster Lim all making it to the final table.

Webster Lim took the title and first prize of $965,000, Roman Hrabac second with Chris Brewer third.

The 15K NLHE 8 Handed has already kicked off with an even bigger file of 172 entries and reentries - Triton has now established itself as the premier high roller series in the poker world without a doubt.

One vast improvement noted by many, Chris Brewer is no longer sporting his mullet. Apparently from a technical point of view removing a 'party in the back' leads to run good.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a serious tournament, it's a shame that $25k is not my weight class. 😜

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By far my favorite event to watch, nose bleed stakes with some of the best players on the planet.

I also like that the smaller fields means you get to see more of the best players. Very seldom will I watch something like the wsop because often I'll have no idea who anyone is, but when LLinusLLove is sitting at the feature table for half the events I'll be watching

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice venue!I enjoy watching those amazing Triton events with the best High Roller players like Patrik Antonius and Adrian Mateos playing them.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
2nd event, the $15 K NL 8 Handed won by Nacho Barbero for $600,000, Jans Arend second and Brian Kim third.

Seth Davis made his second final table in a row and Linus Loeliger came ninth.

For those who want to keep abreast of events in real time (or at any time) this link is to the 'In Progress' page where a click on the event and the full leaderboard opens up for you with an exact real time chip count.

Scroll slightly down the page and you will find the 'Completed' section for each finished event. Click on the tourney and you will find the full breakdown of the positions and prize money.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Damn I was planning on max late regging all of these - Always Next year...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Great end to the $20,000 Mystery Bounty, event number three.

Mark Rubbathan, a Twitch Stream qualifier took down the title. Viktor Malinowski somehow worked a short stack at the final table to come second with Victor Chong coming third.

The bounties started at $20,000 and ran up to $250,000.

Rubbathan won $398,000 and actually collected $240,000 when the draws were made. Orpan Kisacikoglu pulled the $250,000 highest bounty, then Timothy Adams drew the first $100,000. Victor Chong then drew another with the final $100,000 going to Viktor Malinowski.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would like to make the point (not for the first time) once again Pokernews appears to be completely blanking the Triton events. I could care less if politics are involved or it's just pettiness but I think it is a disservice to poker fans everywhere.

Triton has invested a huge amount to stage the high roller events. The production quality is superb and the Apps which allow anyone to follow chip leaders/counts etc. are the best in the business. They have also hired great commentators - at the Vietnam event they have flown in Ali Nejad, Henry Kilbane and Randy Lew. They have also used Nick Shulman, Jeff Gross and Brian Rast at prior events. That's a world class group of commentators.

These events now attract the deepest fields of high rollers because the atmosphere is convivial as well as competitive with a wider range of events and tourneys than anyone else is presenting. To be frank, I do not think Triton cares if they receive coverage from the poker press or not. They have deep pockets, could afford to set up the series and I believe the events are now self-sustaining.

But, I am simply perplexed that Pokernews has evidently taken the decision to marginalize the events for whatever reason at the expense of poker fans. That said I take heart in the fact that the Triton stream viewership continues to grow regardless. The true perspective - the average for the first 4 streams has been 143,000 views which means that this series, like others, will end up receiving a few million views.

Good for Triton!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Event # 4, the $30,000 NLH 8 Handed now in the books after a deal was made between the final three.

Jans Arends took the title and $921,000, with Kiat Lee coming second and Jonathan Jaffe coming third.

Several players on form and making multiple final tables, Arends making his second with Seth Davies making it three out of three after coming fifth in this event.

T

Tenebra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Really nice torunament. Pretty good players there but also pretty serious tournament

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
was very fun to watch there is nothing better than triton poker series.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
was very fun to watch there is nothing better than triton poker series.

Agreed, which is why I like to start a Triton thread so that others and myself can update the members to the ongoing results.

One aspect to the Triton series which I like so much is the atmosphere. The attending players are invariably good natured and friendly with each other. Of course they largely consist of wealthy players and businessmen, however, tensions which arise elsewhere which stem from overtly aggressive players (tabletalk etc.) seldom arise at Triton events. No doubt this is in part to the founders being Asian, with a number of Asian players at each event - their culture is one of non-confrontation. But, I think it is more to do with the basic idea if they are fortunate enough to play at these stakes, then why not simply have fun and leave the over the top aggression elsewhere?

Not too long ago Tony G turned up to play some Triton events and he could not help himself. He started in with the sarcasm, badgering other players often while drinking. He just couldn't read the room, that there was no need (other than his) to turn the atmosphere rancorous. Just unnecessary.

In fact, the best atmosphere is frequently the final tables where players are seemingly as satisfied with the run deep as the financial gain, enjoying the moment and the company. That makes the vibe rare and a pleasure to watch!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Event number 6 (forgot, they skip event 4 due to superstition) was the $50,000 NLH 8 Handed.

First thing to say, personally disappointed to see Bryn Kenney show up and make it to thirteenth as I thought he was banned from the Triton events. Apparently not...or not anymore.

Another deep field of 139 entries and reentries. The strong final table including Dan Smith, Patrik Antonius, Sam Greenwood, Linus Loeliger and Ben Heath.

Vietnamese Dao Minh Phu took first for $1,670,000 (which judging by the chat delighted/excited the local poker community), Biao Ding second and Dan Smith third, Patrik Antonius coming fifth.

Next up, the $75K NlH 8 Handed

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With the buy in for the seventh event rising to $75,000 (NLH 8 Handed) the field shrank to 85 entries, but boy did the cream rise to the top.

Orpen Kisacikoglu, the Turk who really only ever plays the high rollers took first place for $1,753,000. Stephen Chidwick placed second for $1.245,000 with Steve O’Dwyer taking third for $814,000.

Jason Coon came sixth, Rob Yong eighth with Adrian Mateos rounding out those who cashed in eleventh.

For those interested, the final table starts at 8 hours 59 minutes on the stream...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The $25,000 NLH Turbo has completed, event number 8, with Andrew Leathem taking first for $670,000, Nacho Barbero second, after one win already and Dao Minh Phu taking third, after his win also - in form players making an extraordinary mark

The ninth event, the $100,000 NLH Main Event has completed its first days play with a total of 119 entries and reentries, creating a prize pool of just under $12 million. I believe there were over 30 reentries (yikes). The main event is expected to complete in another two days.

Coming up, with some overlap the $50K Turbo, then a run of short deck events...$25K, $50K and then the $100K main event.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Final table of the $100,000 NLH Main Event set, with first prize of $3,250,000 awaiting the winner.

A total of 135 entries and reentries which means around 40+ rebuys. Karl Chappe-Gatien, went out, re-bought then went out again playing his very next hand. Ouch. Stellar field leading to stellar final table.

From chip leader to 9th as is...Talal Shakerchi, Adrian Mateos, Daniel Smiljkovic, Fedor Holz, Winfred Yu, Timothy Adams, Michael Soyza, Nick Petrangelo, Roman Hrabec.

Notables out but making the cash (20 places - min cash $175,000) Viktor Malinowski, Brian Kim, Sam Grafton, Bryn Kenney, Eric Seidel, Sam Greenwood, Mike Watson. Kahle Burns as the painful bubble boy.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Talal Shakerchi takes down the $100,000 NLH Main Event and wins $3,250,000, his first Triton title after cashing several times

Michael Soyza second wins $2,207,000 with Daniel Smiljkovic coming third for for $1,450,000

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Two more events in the books.

Event 10, the $50K NLH Turbo won by Jason Koon ($574,000), Artur Martirosian second and Chris Brewer third. Isaac haxton fifth.

Event 11, the $25K Short Deck Ante Only won by Danny Tang ($427,000), Stephen Chidwick second and Richard Yong third. Isaac Haxton coming fifth again and Justin Bonomo eighth and the first to cash.

Event 12, the $50K Short Deck Ante Only is underway with seven to cash.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Talal Shakerchi takes down the $100,000 NLH Main Event and wins $3,250,000, his first Triton title after cashing several times

Michael Soyza second wins $2,207,000 with Daniel Smiljkovic coming third for for $1,450,000

Did you watch the Final Table? If so, was it any good? (is it worth checking out?)